Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Weight Watchers vs Slimming World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Weight Watchers vs Slimming World _
PostSubject: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:16 am

Now Joshua has arrived it's time to shed some (a lot) of pounds. I went to weight watchers before and lost just under 2st so tempted to just go back there but heard good things about slimming world so didnt know if I should try that this time. Which would you recommend?
Or should I try another diet and just do it myself without meetings?

I'm breastfeeding as well so got to think of that. i know WW add extra points for bfing, does SW do something like that? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:56 am

I loved slimming world because in theory you can eat as much as you want so long as it's the right things - you can't run out of calories / points and end up just drinking water and feeling sorry for yourself!

However, that was when I was single and didn't have a fussy hubby to contend with (he's a meat eater where I'm more of a carboholic), and no children to interfere with going to classes etc.

I haven't tried weightwatchers so can't comment on that, just thought I'd share my sw experience.

This time around I've used my fitness pal and counted calories because I've found it easier to fit in with family life. Having said that I've relied on using Boots Shapers lunches a lot because someone else has already done the thinking about how to get a filling lunch out of not many calories.

If you're going for an "organised" diet, I think finding a good class is absolutely key. First time I did SW the class I went to was really good, very helpful, lots of tips and very motivating. I went to another one after I'd moved house and it was rubbish - there was no group session, it was all just going round the group talking to individuals in alphabetical order. I was at the end of the alphabet so by the time it was my turn everyone else had f*ck'd off so I never got the benefit of others' experience. Needless to say I only went a few times to that group!

As regards BFing, I don't recall there being anything extra for that, but as I was childless at the time it wasn't relevant to me. Maybe you get extra syns to use as these were variable - although the standard was 10 a day, particularly heavy people would start off with more so obviously allowances can be made for lifestyles. On my fitness pal, you can enter your BF calories and that adds to your daily calorie target.

Be careful not to lose weight too quickly though as you will need to ensure a good quality milk if you don't want a baby permanently attached to your boob - my mw told me to make ice-cream smoothies and stop worrying about weight loss when I grumbled about spending so long BFing!!

Hope that helps xx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:21 pm

I've not done SW and only did WW for a couple of months before I got pg but once bubs is here i'm going back to WW because I liked how easy it was to track online and I could eat what I wanted and liek you say they add extra on for if your BF. SW seems like too much hassle whereas WW you just find the food and add the points up. If WW worked for you before maybe it would be best to stick with that?

I think there's too many choices of diet on SW isn't there? that would just confuse me right out!!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:01 pm

Mario is currently doing SW and I know she got healthy extras on SW for bfing Awen. I'm not to sure really as it confuses te hell out of me but I remember her sayigns omething about it. Hopefully shell be along to tell you about it. Or better still join us in the losers group on fb x
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:49 am

I am doing slimming world and like it as i am greedy and you can eat a lot! Mario did say there were extras for BF x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:36 am

Heya
Yes im on slimming world. I love it because I never have to worry about running out of points or spending all day weighing and adding. You get your free food in unlimited quantities your healthy extras then your syns. If you are bfing you get extra healthy extras. I swear ive never eaten so much damned cheese and still lost weight!!!
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:31 am

I have never tried SW but do WW and Im really enjoying it.

I guess you just have to really look into both of them and make the choice depending on what you think will work for you

x
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:22 pm

I do neither. I follow a clean eating plan. I tried ww and sw and where i've always lost weight-i put it straight back on. Just didn't work for me. Also, i found there was too much choice. I would end up saving my syn's or points up for a weekend and binging on pizza's or booze. 2months ago i joined a fitness academy weighing 12st 5lb and a size 16. I now weigh 11st and am a size 12. In order to eat clean you need to cut out from your diet-wheat,gluten,sugar,caffeine, dairy and alcohol for at least 14-28 days. After that you get a cheat day every week. Cutting out those things seems very restrictive to some but i still eat burgers,curry's,ice cream,chocolate etc it's just finding the alternatives. I've seen a huge improvement not obv just to my body but my life and the way i feel in general. It's not for everyone but if your like me and wants summat that is 100% guaranteed to work it's perfect. Google it and you'll find more info x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm still undecided, and thinking about the money aspect too. I think I might try to do it on my own - calorie counting or something. Will look into clean eating plan Amy, altho I have no willpower so not sure I will be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:28 am

Like i said it's not for everyone but it can be good if nothing else works x
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:31 am

Slimming world is 100% guaranteed to work, if you do it right. If you don't do it right it doesn't work. And saving syns up every week is not how you do it cos that just means you'll be binging every week. Slimming world is about not depriving yourself and having everything in moderation. Certain things are ridiculously high in syns like pizza (Take away pizzas are like 100 syns each!) but you can find/make alternatives so you don't have to deprive yourself of it.

Slimming world gets a lot of stick for being confusing but once you go along to the class, or even join online and have it expained to you properly rather than people say oh its that diet with red and green days when really they don't have a clue. I've lost with slimming world before I had Harry, and I'm losing weight again now. Each to their own at the end of the day. x
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:40 am

totally agree semo. plus once you maintain on either SW or WW it has taught you how to make the right decisions about your food so its more a life style choice rather than a diet. yes you will put weight on if you go back to eating what you normally ate.

I get 29 points per day which I worked out at roughly 1200 cals and I imagine when I set it to maintenance I will probably get about 1800 cals a day? which is a lot more than im eating now but I will stay at the weight I want to be. I will stick at it for life and I wont be unhappy with my weight again, I know that.

x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weight Watchers vs Slimming World   Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight Watchers vs Slimming World

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Life :: Healthy Living-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Weight Watchers vs Slimming World Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???