Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Vauxhall Meriva help/review?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Vauxhall Meriva help/review? _
PostSubject: Vauxhall Meriva help/review?   Vauxhall Meriva help/review? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:00 am

Trying desperately to sort new car before bambino/snow arrives.

Id be happy with a ford focus, Toyota Yaris (seems to hold value and not having much luck getting a decent one in price range), or seat Ibiza but Stuart wants a bigger car with more room for double buggy and all the stuff that a baby and a toddler bring.

He thinking of a vauxhall Meriva? His dad has one and says they fuel efficient and spacious inside yet not too big. Im a CRAP driver and am used to a 106 so anything gonna seem huge to me & im really nervous about driving a huge car. Iv saw one online with 48000 miles for £1675, 2003 granted, but still seems a bargain.

Anyone any experince of one? I need lowish insurance group and good fuel consumption.
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Vauxhall Meriva help/review?   Vauxhall Meriva help/review? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:01 am

Oh and btw cars are generally a bit more expensive here than in England for some reason!
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Vauxhall Meriva help/review?   Vauxhall Meriva help/review? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:43 am

No sorry, but I have Renault scenic and love it. It gives me just o er 39 mpg so not bad for a bigger car and the boot is massive you could easily fit a double buggy plus all your shopping in there. It's definitely my favourite family car I've had. Have a look on which for reviews, they're usually really accurate x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Vauxhall Meriva help/review?   Vauxhall Meriva help/review? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:58 am

I have a focus. the boot is absolutely massive. I fit in hannahs buggy - we dont use it anymore but keep it there incase we end up on a long walk or something. all my ohs football stuff. a whole load of other nameless crap and it fits my whole tesco shop in it too. cant big up the boot space enough.

dont be nervous about a big car either I went from a micra to a focus and I nearly cried the first time I parked it. but now I barely notice the size difference.

cant say anything about the meriva but that sounds like an excellent price. hope you get some reviews

x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Vauxhall Meriva help/review?   Vauxhall Meriva help/review? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:54 am

I wouldnt worry about the size - I drive my mums Peugeot 807 which is HUGE (Lisa can vouch for the size and length of it lol) but tbh once you get over that initial fear its no different!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Vauxhall Meriva help/review?   Vauxhall Meriva help/review? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:06 am

I have got a Grand Scenic and its massive (7 seater) and it took a few days to get used to but its fine now. We looked at the Meriva but it wasnt big enough for the 3 car seats Embarassed.

Although, if you are planning on stopping at 2 kids, then even my Grande Punto was fine and the boot was plenty big enough.

x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Vauxhall Meriva help/review?   Vauxhall Meriva help/review? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:25 am

Def stopping at 2 Laura!!! Im saying it so much im scared its going to come back and bite me on the bum lol.

Well my uncle's away to look at it this afternoon for me. Apparently the trade seller only noticed a hole in the exhaust last nite, funny how i rang him at 945pm last night and he didnt mention it to me but did to my uncle this morning. Anyway my uncle pricing new exhausts/repairs atm and going to ask him to adjust price accordingly. We shall see.

It seems a huge car to me, but I know what ppl mean by I'l get used to it. Apparently its not much bigger than a corsa, the height is main difference. It will prob get a few scrapes and there will def be more than a few tears the 1st week im driving it. Im expected to drive a citroen C8 in work but have avoided it so far. Id be happiest in a Ka but not really practical!!!

Im getting myself all excited about this car & its only the 1st one iv looked at. If I dont get it i'l be gutted.
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Vauxhall Meriva help/review?   Vauxhall Meriva help/review? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:34 am

i can't help with the meriva, but we have a ford focus and can fit in 2 car seats, 2 big back packs, a baby bag inbetween the car seats, then in the boot, a double buggy, a stroller(sometimes put that in the main car) a travel cot, lily-ann's little sylvanian families fold up chair and a small backpack...and this is with the parcel shelf still on and it makes no difference to our comfort in the car(yeh it looks packed but we're as comfy as if it were totally empty)

so if you're definitely stopping at 2 i'd say the focus is more than big enough x

(says me who has dumped my focus and waiting on getting a grand scenic! lol)
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Vauxhall Meriva help/review?   Vauxhall Meriva help/review? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:45 am

We're getting a Meriva, I took it for a test drive and it's not massively bigger than driving my Megane. You're just higher up which is great! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Vauxhall Meriva help/review?   Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Empty

Back to top Go down

Vauxhall Meriva help/review?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Vauxhall Meriva help/review? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words