Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

So confused

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

So confused  _
PostSubject: So confused    So confused  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:32 am

Sorry I know I keep going on about it in here but I'm still so confused about whether I should be attempting a vbac or planning a section. I keep getting told different things by mw/consultant and I'm so confused. In the first place the consultant said that I could attempt a vbac and they would give me a sweep every 3 days from 38 weeks to help me along. I've since been told that baby is measuring large but not off the scale, which doesn't really help as Stephen wasn't off the scale but he still got his massive head stuck!

So I really don't want to go overdue and risk him getting bigger but I've been told today that I can't have even one sweep until baby is engaged and second babies usually don't engage till labour so I'm stuffed really! I think it would probably be safer to just plan a section but I really really don't want one!

Aaaaagggghhhh I'm so confused! I know you can't tell me what to do, I just feel like I had a plan and now it's gone out of the window and need to get all this off my chest! Aaaaagggghhhhhhhhhh!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

So confused  _
PostSubject: Re: So confused    So confused  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:52 am

OHHHH not an easy time for you chick
Its easy for me to say (never having a c section!) but try to relax and just go with the flow...maybe go with the inducements and hope it works and the baby pops right outta there...but always have it in your mind it could end with a c section.

I think thats the only way to go (IMO) cos if you decide c section and dont give yourself a chance of vbac (which you clearly do) you may regret it later and wish youd not booked in

Hope it goes well whatever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

So confused  _
PostSubject: Re: So confused    So confused  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:19 pm

oh hun Sad

I would be on the phone to whoever I can get hold of demanding that they sort something out. If they've said you can try for a natural birth then I would stick with that, as for the sweep I would tell them that you want them from now on ever few days, it's your body and that's what you were told, tell them you know that not all babies engage before labour so why are they even saying that. You want a natural birth and they have to (or should!) help you to get that.

In saying that, like Lisa said I would always have int he back of your mind that you might need a c section and if it's not a planned one it will be an emergency one - would you rather a planned c section without trying for VBAC or try VBAC and potentially end up with an emergency c section.

When do you next see someone? x
Back to top Go down
lucylou1991

lucylou1991

About Me!
My Name: Lucy

Edit MY profile

So confused  _
PostSubject: Re: So confused    So confused  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:18 am

that must be really hard for you! its a tough decision 2 make..

id say if u were originally wantin a natural birth id go with that choice and like lisa said just have in the back of ur mind that it cud result in a csection! like she also said u may end up regretting it if u book in 4 a c section?

obvisously your decison so just think of the pro cons! xx
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

So confused  _
PostSubject: Re: So confused    So confused  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:43 am

Have you been given the option to be induce at term? Could that be a possible route for you?
I'd be inclined to go with vbac as well, all labours are different and I'd defiantly not want to change my mind because of other people's views.
Literally anyone's birth could end in an emergency section, in reality it should be in the back of every labouring mothers mind! But not a deciding factor!

Go with you instincts Hun!
Back to top Go down
banarama

banarama

Edit MY profile

So confused  _
PostSubject: Re: So confused    So confused  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:57 am

I was in same boat last year wanting a vbac, but went for appt at 39 weeks and baby was engaged (even though 2nd baby) so had a sweep, dnt worry about not being engaged til labour , what that means is once your engaged the baby can still pop back out , not that it wont engage at all, i managed a vbac i went into labour at 40+1 spontaniously - number 1 was 2 weeks late 9lb15 huge head and back t back and a emergancy section after a 56 hour labour , but my 2nd labour was 12 hours correct position and a normal vaginal delivery, sorry for blabbing on for ages just trying to say dont give up hope for a vbac , you can wait til 42 weeks to go into nat labour its only then you will be pushed to have a section and then you could say no and go in daily to be checked until you go into labour
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

So confused  _
PostSubject: Re: So confused    So confused  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:49 am

it sounds like you really want to try a vbac, if you decided not to have another baby after this and didn't give it a go, surely you would kick yourself???
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim

Edit MY profile

So confused  _
PostSubject: Re: So confused    So confused  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:54 am

banarama, just out of interest, how big was your second baby? It's good to hear from someone who has gone through it thanks.

I think you're all right, I'd really regret it if I didn't try for a vbac as that's what I really want, although I'm starting to remember all the gory details of labour with Stephen and telling everyone there was no way I was doing that again Laughing

I think if I go into it knowing that there is a possibilty of a section still then at least I will have tried and the doctor has told me even if it does end in a section, they won't let it go as far as last time and it will be a lot less rushed so hopefully not as horrendous, plus there is no way they are touching me this time till I know the pain relief is working!

I can't be induced because it's too dangerous after a section so I'll just have to hope that this baby doesn't feel like staying in as long as Stephen did!

I'm back to see them on Thursday so hopefully I'll see a familiar doctor and not someone completely different like the last 2 times as that doesn't help either Rolling Eyes Thanks for all your advice ladies it's really helping xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

So confused  _
PostSubject: Re: So confused    So confused  Empty

Back to top Go down

So confused

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy-
Latest topics
» Spotting
So confused  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
So confused  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
So confused  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
So confused  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
So confused  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
So confused  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
So confused  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
So confused  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
So confused  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
So confused  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
So confused  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
So confused  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
So confused  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
So confused  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
So confused  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???