Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
jewbag86

Edit MY profile

OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x _
PostSubject: OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x   OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:32 am

OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Icon_lol

so i have attemeted to do my first assement would welcome views. i know the spelling ect is messy but its a draft ???

WHY CAN IT BE DIFFICULT TO DECIDE WEATHER SOMONE IS A CARER AND DOES IT MATTER ?

It is important for someone to be recognised as a carer for things like financial help and to make sure they get the support that is open to carers that may not be available to everyone. This is relating to my mother Caroline that helps care for my nan Liz since a stroke that left her wheelchair bound and unable to use left arm and leg .

To be able to get recognised as a OFFICIAL carer and get carers allowance the government have decided you need to fit into a tight criteria. This is as follows..

• be caring for someone for at least 35 hours per week .

• Be over 16 and not a student

• caring for someone who is formally disabled

• not earning more then 96 pound a week

Caroline helps Liz every Tuesday and Thursday of each week . Helping to bath wash dress Liz as well as doing the house hold things shopping and gardening . This roughly works out as 15 hours a week that she cares for Liz.

It can be difficult for Caroline to label herself as a carer as to her the word is a job tital and she just sees herself most the time as a daughter . Saying this she also recognises that some things like washing bathing and dressing Liz is a role of a carer . When Caroline has to go things like organise finances and when she had to make all arrangements to get the house adapted for when Liz came out of hospital. Making sure that she was getting the right benefits and blue badge . She was very much in the mind set of her carer in order to get the jobs done correctly. Yet when it comes to making her lunch keeping her company and getting her shopping Caroline sees this as what any daughter would do for there mother .

Liz also has three other daughters a son and granddaughter that contribute to her care . Each coming on a different day to help with anything she needs help with . One daughter regularly takes her out on trips for change of scenery . Others just help with whatever needs to be done on that day weather its as simple as running hover thou house to bathing or going to the shop as she cant get wheelchair out of house that day to arranging and taking her to hospital appointments she has. Her granddaughter goes in once a week in the evening to give her company and to help her get ready for bed.

This network is worked out so that someone will always pop in at least once a day to help.

Due to Liz’s disability it is hard for her to return the favour of the help she gets . So instead often takes her daughters out for a meal to local place to thank them for there help and to show her application .

So after looking thou it all . Although Caroline is a carer for Liz because she has the huge network of help and support within the family thou help her and Liz . Caroline does not fall under the criteria to be reconsigned a official carer . I feel more needs to be done to recognise that Caroline and the others to care for Liz are carers and if all there hours were added together would be well over the 35 . care is shared between them all so that they can each still tend to there family and work . This relives the pressure on Caroline to be under pressure and financial struggle of being a sole carer .

The care that is provided by Caroline and her family is huge and in turn saves the gov. a lot of money yet because it is a joint effort they are not recognised enough to warrant carers allowance.

604 ish
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x _
PostSubject: Re: OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x   OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:44 am

Thumbs Up Excellent. I think you've made all your points very clear. Yeh spelling needs checking Laughing Well done you !! x
Back to top Go down

OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
OPINIONS if ya dont mind. x Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words