Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Toilet Training

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Toilet Training - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Wanted to know what you ladies think is the best age to start??? What are your experiences so far and do you have any good tips or advice???

I've heard some say not before 18 months and I've read somewhere that you can start at 9 months Shocked

Last edited by MiniMeg on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 am

sounds like she is nearly there Lisa. Thats good that she can tell you nappy is wet and then actually sit on potty, clever girl x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:35 am

hmmmmmmm well I think she is thinking too much about it now...don't know why cos I never suggest it.

She keeps thinking there is a poo, any way I had literally just put a clean nappy on and she said she wanted the potty so I said go and sit on it then so she did for about 20 seconds and got up - but nappy still clean.
Is now down for a nap but keeps pulling at her nappy saying poo...there is NOOOO POOOOOOO

One good thing though - she is better for nappy changes, until this week she was THE DEVIL...now I cheat cos I had enough of getting kicked and struggling Embarassed I put the mat in front of her tv while its on and she stays still ...today I let her run round nappiless for 15 minutes then she got the bum cream and laid down ready Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:58 am

ha ha ha I always change Cerys in front of the tv for that reason Laughing Maybe she's so excited or inquisitve about doing a poo she just cant wait to do one awwwww x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:42 am

I know she thinks trumps are poos cos I did one in the kichen today and she frowned at me and said pooooooooo Laughing Embarassed So I sat there trying to explain the difference between trumps and poos...and pretty much all she learnt from that was that trumps go pppwwwfffffff Laughing
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:59 am

Lisa wrote:
I know she thinks trumps are poos cos I did one in the kichen today and she frowned at me and said pooooooooo Laughing Embarassed So I sat there trying to explain the difference between trumps and poos...and pretty much all she learnt from that was that trumps go pppwwwfffffff Laughing

hahahaa you're a quiet farter then?!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:02 am

hahaha sometimes Laughing
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:14 am

Fart2 <<< those are the best though, aren't they??!! Laughing right no more fart talk because this will end up as a smirched sticky hahahaa
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:44 am

Izzy did a wee in her potty tonight!!! cheers

She did the same as always asked for potty...sat there once, came back and did a wee....came back again and did some more...put her fingers in it...but I suppose they are just curious!

Now I just have to get it in Dans head that he must have patience with her cos he kept trying to put her nappy on I was getting mad at him , just let her be!

Im so pleased, she is so clever lol
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:50 am

ah brilliant !! well done Izzy, yeh you will have to drum it into Dan's head Laughing Awww bet you're really proud x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:58 am

I am ...stupidly excited lol, cant wait for tomorrow to see what she does!

Jeez Im weird since I had a child!
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:06 am

Thats brilliant Lisa Very Happy

Toilet training for me was my worst fear lol, I was convinced I'd get it wrong and he'd be scared for life Laughing

As soon as Ollie started sitting to pee it took off fairly quickly from there, so am sure it won't be long for you and izzy - Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:11 am

Thanks Zee!

I was shitting it, cos I didn't want to rush or panic her, just wanted her to do it in her own time, thats why Dan annoyed me, cos he was making her feel like she couldn't take her time or look what was in there

I Mean surely its normal for them to want to see, and poke, what they just did - they've never seen it like that before

Do you still use your cloth nappies or have you moved to pulls ups? Im wondering cos today I'd just put a nappy on and she asked to go potty and I thought arrghh awkward cant just pull them down and see if she goes (as I have 2 part snap ins, although even my pockets wont pull up and down)
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:20 am

Haha, Oliver goes and empties his own potty and yesterday he did it and then stuck his face inside the potty and was nearly drinking the dregs in the bottom Shocked

At first I was using the pockets and when I realised that he 'was' actually peeing in the potty and not his nappy I moved down to one insert. I just popped one side off and pulled them down.
I then moved onto pull-ups (disposable ones) for out and about as my friend said the training pants hold next to nothing for about 30 sec's Rolling Eyes So didn't want to spend a fortune for nothing. Anyhoo..he's not even pee'd in them for days now (I bought 2pks but haven't even used one pack) He's in grundies full time now.
He still has his terry's for naps etc..but even they are dry after nap times Smile
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:26 am

ahhh right, he is doing well aint he!!!

I don't think I will get training pants, like you say lot of money when really what you do with pockets is not to hard

Might see how that goes as she does seem to be asking to go an awful lot
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:40 am

Lisa wrote:
hmmmmmmm well I think she is thinking too much about it now...don't know why cos I never suggest it.

She keeps thinking there is a poo, any way I had literally just put a clean nappy on and she said she wanted the potty so I said go and sit on it then so she did for about 20 seconds and got up - but nappy still clean.
Is now down for a nap but keeps pulling at her nappy saying poo...there is NOOOO POOOOOOO

One good thing though - she is better for nappy changes, until this week she was THE DEVIL...now I cheat cos I had enough of getting kicked and struggling Embarassed I put the mat in front of her tv while its on and she stays still ...today I let her run round nappiless for 15 minutes then she got the bum cream and laid down ready Shocked

OK now I feel awful Embarassed She was saying pooo and I told her to sit on the potty with her nappy on but she didn't do anything so I said no poo go to sleep - anyway not long after, maybe 30 minutes she was out of bed when I went up she said poo and she had done one...but at the time I forgot she had been saying poo before she got into bed.

So it would seem she now knows that she needs to do a poo too?!

Yikes - this is happening fast!
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:52 am

Aww, bless - you wern't to know though, sometimes they have you on too Rolling Eyes

It is actually amazing how quick it happens once you start.

For anyone who is thinking about potty training - I really recommend the 'relaxed' approach. Weather they are 2 or 3yrs..when they decide its time, it is litrally done in a week..I am actually shocked how quick Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:41 am

Well today was errrrrrr not very successful on the potty front, however she is VERY good at holding her wees in!

She didn't do a wee til 10.30am...and for an hour before then had been saying potty so I'd had her naked bum with legwarmers on...anyway just before half ten I went to get her some juice but her butt was cold so I thought I'll pop her trousers (no nappy) back on and warm her bum up...big mistake cos I got back with her juice and she had done a gigantic piddle on the floor!

I have heard that sometimes they don't like to wee unless they feel something on their bum.....me thinks Izzy is like this!

So the next 2 nappies she did poops in and hardly wore them for half an hour

Then this afternoon again had been about 1.5hours with no nappy and there is a potty there she can use but she hadn't used it....I pop to the loo and she widdled on the mat!

Laughing Laughing Maybe she is a shy wee'r and likes to wait til Ive gone away!

Oh well lessons are learnt! Don't leave the toddler til its done it wee...otherwise put the nappy back on!

She actually only weed 3 times in the day (as one nappy was wet) - just unfortunate none of them went in the potty
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:59 am

Only just noticed this.

Rowan has a step and a seat for the toilet. he uses the toilet all day for his wee's but would not poo on the toilet. he'd ask for a nappy on then poo.

he can get up and off the toilet (he's rather independent and tells you to go away if you try to help).

anyway he was rather quite yesterday i called him and he replied choo choo so thought he was playing with his trains. he then come running in and said poo. i got up to grab a nappy he went no mummy poo and grabbed my hand. i followed him and he pointed to the toilet. and low and behold he'd poo'd in the toilet.

Are your LO's wearing bottoms when they ask for the loo? As rowan is not wearing bottoms and uses the loo.

He has taken off his nappy to use the loo do you think i should get him training pants so he gets the idea of having to pull down his pants to use the loo?
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:17 pm

i would go straight with the pants rather then training pants
i dont put trousers on braden just yet but he's new to it
x
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:12 am

Thomas is just at the bare bum stage at the moment, he's doing really well and uses his potty without prompting - we've only had one little accident in days and even that was finished on the potty because he got a bit over excited playing and forgot then panicked bless him. I pop a pull up on him for nap time and he wears a nappy for bed. He is still using the pull up to wee though without telling me so we aren't ready for pants yet.

My problem is that Thomas doesn't like doing poos on his potty - he has always been a private pooer and he went all day yesterday without pooing which is very unusual so I think he is holding it in. Today he was dancing around saying poopoo but he didnt want to go on the potty. I popped him on and he did do a poo but he was really weird and wouldn't look and flush it away which he likes doing with wees - he just told me to do it. I made a HUGE fuss of him etc so hopefully it wont become an issue but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Everybody sounds like they are doing really well and I'm so proud of all of our LOs bless them. This is the one part of paenting I was absolutely dreading but I'm actually quite excited at how its going now.

xx
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:00 am

Kelly - thats brilliant Smile I agree with niccsy, I would go straight to undies rather than trainers. They are much easier to pull up and down.
Oliver wears his undies and trousers now, he's cottoned on to the pulling them up and down now although when he pulls them up he forgets about pulling them up at the back and walks round with his bum hanging out half the time Laughing

Debs - thats great too. As for the poo's I suppose i've been quite lucky with Oliver as he's never had that fear of doing poo's on the toilet or potty..he's always been quite intrigued Suspect
I used to take Oliver with me to the loo and we used to say bye bye to my poo's Embarassed and he'd flush the loo and say 'bye bye poo poo!' so he like to do that with his own too. I'd just carry on with the praise and make a huge song and dance about poo's.
My friends little girl used to ask for a nappy on to poo in and she used bribery(sp) with a treat of some sort Neutral It did work though, but I would just carry on what your doing for now as he's still in the early stages. He's doing fab though Smile

I'm having a few unforeseen problems at the moment. Oliver is 100% trained now through out the day...but now cos he is 'trained' we're having trouble at nap/bed times, as he still wears a nappy but if he wee's in his nappy he's taking it off Shocked . It started the other night when i'd gone in before I went to bed and I heard him moving about - goes in and he's taken his pj's and nappy off and has got his undies out of the drawer blushlove just put him down for a nap this aft and he's done the same again. I was talking to my friends and they sugested putting his potty in his room, but I don't think thats wise as he likes to empty it straight after using it so would probably throw it over the safety gate Shocked Laughing Ahh well its all a learning curve, i'm sure we'll work something out.
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:12 am

Well I had kinda decided to wait a bit longer but today typically while I was on the loo she asked for potty so I took her trousers and nappy off and she proceeded to do a poo on the floor next to the loo

I think I need to buy an extra potty and put it by the loo!
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:01 am

Lol, Lisa..we have one in the bathroom, living room and kitchen Laughing And i've just bought one for nana's house. They are only £1 at asda Wink
Toilet Training - Page 2 5051413820520_21000_IDShot_2
http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp;jsessionid=JFlVekiCF9xtEPfi8zBahA**.oses4011-atg04?trailSize=1&searchString=potty&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=257454
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:08 am

a pound!? Laughing Shocked
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:06 am

Well we went shopping today and bought some knickers Toilet Training - Page 2 548646

Shes been in them for about 2 hours and has one accident (wee wee), has sat on the potty but not done anything. Going to wait and see what happens but not push it, maybe give it a couple of days. Its so difficult because I've been reading up about it and she is showing all the signs of being ready to start but I dont want it to be a huge issue.

I have been and still am dreading it all, wish us luck!!! xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toilet Training

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk :: Potty Training-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Toilet Training - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words