Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Toilet Training

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Toilet Training - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Wanted to know what you ladies think is the best age to start??? What are your experiences so far and do you have any good tips or advice???

I've heard some say not before 18 months and I've read somewhere that you can start at 9 months Shocked

Last edited by MiniMeg on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:03 am

We've just fallen in to it this week somehow, she asked to wear knickers last week so we've given it a go when we've been at home, and so far so good, today she's been in knickers all day except for when we put her down for her nap and so far we've had one accident, but around 15 wees on the potty cheers

Do you think I should ditch with the nappies now during the day completely while we're at home?

Also I can't believe how much she wees Shocked it's at least every half hour, sometimes more, is that normal?
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 am

awww well done Chloe and good luck Susan, im dreading it too when its Cerys's time xx
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:52 am

It seems to be going well, but I have a few questions if anyone can help

She is very good at home and rarely has any accidents, and the same at my mums, but when she goes to my MIL's she often has several accidents and will go through several changes of clothes, but I don't really know why?

She's done a few poos on the potty but has developed a habit of doing a little bit, then standing up to show me, making me empty it before doing more, I'm up and down the blooming stairs emptying it maybe 4 or 5 times before she finishes each poo! I've tried to encourage her to sit back down, but she refuses until I've emptied it, it's the same with wee's she'll do a bit, stand up and inspect it then do a bit more.

How do we move to the next step now from her using it every time she needs to do a little bit of wee, to holding on a bit and doing a big wee less frequently if you know what I mean?

Thanks x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:04 pm

How about a book to read mandy? Or in front of tv?

We are still being relaxed with C but have moved onto pull on nappies-not the training pull ups but proper nappies still the pampers easy on pants which still absorb but are easy to pull up and down, mainly cos im struggling to change her at the mo with twisting etc so ts easier to pull up and down and we bought some big girl pants which she wears over the top of her pull up. She has normal nappies for bed

Shes still not telling us about wees but when she starts making a face for poo i say quick shall we sit on potty and she pulls her pants down and sits down. In the last week its worked about 4 times - oe time was actually unprompted, she asked for potty without making faces and did a poo, and each time ive made a big fuss of it and let her have a square of chocolate for it. I figure she will cotton on then hopefully the wees will follow as shes started pulling on her nappy a bit when its wet or brings me one to change her.

So i guess its not so much potty training as poo catching at the moment. Dunno if im doing it right or not though as i decided a long time ago to stop reading stuff in books about child rearing but am now getting twitchy i cant read up on it and am going with my gut on this one. Help
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 pm

You are doing well Mandy

I had to give up last week as I was ill and in bed, so she was back in nappies and only sat on the potty at change time

Izzy seems different to Chloe though cos she goes ages without doing a wee, like an hour an a half sometimes

We aren't good with poos either - none have been done on the potty but she likes to do them with no nappy on...nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:45 am

mandy wrote:
It seems to be going well, but I have a few questions if anyone can help

She is very good at home and rarely has any accidents, and the same at my mums, but when she goes to my MIL's she often has several accidents and will go through several changes of clothes, but I don't really know why?

She's done a few poos on the potty but has developed a habit of doing a little bit, then standing up to show me, making me empty it before doing more, I'm up and down the blooming stairs emptying it maybe 4 or 5 times before she finishes each poo! I've tried to encourage her to sit back down, but she refuses until I've emptied it, it's the same with wee's she'll do a bit, stand up and inspect it then do a bit more.

How do we move to the next step now from her using it every time she needs to do a little bit of wee, to holding on a bit and doing a big wee less frequently if you know what I mean?

Thanks x
Hiya Mandy - When she's at MIL is there lots there to distract her? Does she not go there as oftern at she does your mum's house? It could be that she's either too distracted to remember, or maybe just not as comfortable in that environment. My friends LO does this when she goes to play group - she's been potty trained since 18mth+ but she always has an accident when we get through the door - its like she to engrossed with whats going on and forgets. So now, as soon as she walks through the door she takes her too the loo.

As for the peeing/pooing then looking - its just natural..its all new and they want to see what the fasination is about, also cos they get praise when they use the potty, to keep getting off and going in stages they get 'more' attention lol. Oliver was the same and has grown out of it now Smile

Again with the frequency it will calm down, at the mo she's feeling the urge and panic's cos she needs to go - but in time she will learn to hold it a bit longer each time. Not 100% but i'm sure I read its something to do with a hormone in their body building up as the toilet training progresses, something to do with brain/bladder control etc scratch When Oliver 1st started he was going every 15/30mins but now he goes a couple of hours each time (depending on his fluid intake)
Sounds like shes doing really well though - well done Chloe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 12:04 am

Lilly is great weeing and pooing on the potty now but i'm wondering what happens at bedtime, shall i keep her in nappies overnight (which i have been doing) How do we introduce it?
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:10 am

Claire wrote:
Lilly is great weeing and pooing on the potty now but i'm wondering what happens at bedtime, shall i keep her in nappies overnight (which i have been doing) How do we introduce it?
How long has she been in knickers now?

It will probably be a while yet before they are ready to go through the night. My friends LO's who have been potty trained for 12/18mth are still in nappies at night. As they are still wetting a lot. Every childs different though.

Does she nap? what are her nappies like after nap times?
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:32 am

She's been in knickers about 6 weeks now, She doesn't nap and her nappies quite full of wee in the morning.. so i think maybe wait another few months then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toilet Training   Toilet Training - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toilet Training

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk :: Potty Training-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Toilet Training - Page 3 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words