Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Potty training and Training pants Q's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Potty training and Training pants Q's _
PostSubject: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:07 am

This past week Oliver has really taken to his potty and is quite happily taking himself off to do poo's and wee's on his potty's. So whilst were in the house he just has undies on, but was thinking about when were out and about, he still wears his nappies but will use the toilets when out and about too, but obviously there are times that toilets arn't readly available - how do you deal with this? He can hold it for a little bit like to get from downstairs to the bathroom etc, but no longer (unless he's having one of his moments where he holds onto it for hours Rolling Eyes )

I was thinking about getting some reusable training pants but the prices are a bit steep (£5 for 1 Shocked not even I pay that for some grundies lol) but even then they only hold a tinkle.

My friends LO has a 'Carry potty' thats basically a porta potty, but its way to small for Oliver and I don't really like the idea of getting the potty out in the middle of the street Suspect

For those that have or are potty training - how are you going about it?
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:14 am

How about normal pull ups, or are they too much like nappies for him? I use them on Chloe has she is in the early days of training and when she uses the loo I jsut pull them down like i would pants. They're the same price as normal pampers x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:32 am

yeah when leo was potty traning i just used to take him out in pull ups, but saying that he never even had one accident, it was as simple as putting pants on one day and that was it(not gonna know whats hit me if oliver not that easy Rolling Eyes )even through then night he made it in time, even though he still wore pull ups at night for a couple more months...so actually im no help at all sorry Rolling Eyes xx
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:19 am

Thanks Ladies Very Happy

I bought some pull ups yesterday for when we go out, but he just pee'd in them like it was a normal nappy and he didn't even realise scratch

Its odd cos when he's in the house or family/friends or playgroups..he know's when he needs to go and he goes. All morning he's been in grundies and no accidents, nipped to the shops in a pull up and he wee's without realising or mentioning, get back home with grundies on and he's on and off the potty again. Its like he know's its a nappy and just being lazy..worth a try I suppose. Might just risk the undies for now.

Gemz - How old was Leo when you started the potty training?
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:13 am

Thomas is the same Zee - he just think pull ups are a nappy and doesn't tell me he needs to go but if he naky or in grundies he tells me scratch we don't venture far at the moment with the weather being so rubbish and we've all been ill so not too much of an issue. I'm just having a nightmare with him coz he wont use his potty - it HAS to be the big toilet and he HAS to go every 5 minutes because he loves it when I clap him and he gets to wash his hands Rolling Eyes which is all very well but when you've got a crawling baby to contend with as well it's near on impossible to be up and down stairs that often.

If I'm completely honest I don't think Thomas is quite there yet - he tells me and likes to go on the toilet but he is very easily distracted and if we arent concentrating fully (if we have visitors etc) he forgets so I'm just gonna let him go when he wants and keep him in nappies if we go out and about.

Good luck hun - if you find an answer please let me know. Sounds like Ollie is doing brilliantly - well done little man!!! cheers Like a Star @ heaven

xx
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:56 am

Oliver can get a bit like that on the big toilet too Debs..Especially at his playgroups - as he's too busy looking at all the drawing on the walls in the loo's and forgets why he's there lol. To get him to use the potty me and OH used to sit on it (pretending of course!) Laughing he thought it was highly amusing and in no time he was using it himself

We've got a playgroup tomorrow and I think i'm going to try him in a nappy but with just one booster pad in so it'd be like training pants not sure if i'm brave enough to risk him in normal grundies just yet when were out and about confused

He's done so well all day using his potty until he had a lil accident after tea as he was too engrosed in the tv..He got so upset cos his pants were all wet, bless him Sad
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 am

i know its a pain in the bum and a bit embarrassing but im actually gna carry na potty around with me for incase. This is what my friend did and it was very effective.
Bradens driving me mad with potty training at the minute, he isnt ready but he just looks way wrong changing his nappy and im actually embarrassed doing it in public now!
x
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:57 am

leo was a bit older, nearer to 3, he just didnt seem ready befor then tbh

try smearing the pullups with sudocrem that way her will feel the wetness so may start to tell you befor he needs to go xx
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:00 am

He's been doing so well up to now. When we go out we are using pull-ups and at home we have grundies on.
He's been to MIL/FIL's tonight and I sent along his potty too and he's still been using it even though he's got his pull-ups on Very Happy

Niccsy- My friends LO has a carry potty, one of these...
Potty training and Training pants Q's My_carry_potty
It works well for her, but I don't really like the idea of just popping the potty down mid-street and letting my LO wee Suspect
Besides, they are kind of on the small side and Moo's got long legs, so there's no way he'd be able to pee comfortably.

I've just ordered one of these..
Potty training and Training pants Q's Bebelephant_cushie_traveler
..for when we're out and about.
We did go shopping today and he held it, as soon as we walked through the door he was saying 'wee-wee's - quick, quick!!' lol
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:57 am

oooo where did you get that from? Braden has decided he wont use a potty and he is straight on the toilet so that would be great
x
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:21 am

I won it on ebay for £3.00 but you can get them in mothercare for £10

There's this one on ebay at the mo..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TODDLER-POTTY-TRAINING-CUSHIE-TRAVELER-PORTABLE-SEAT-/280625026805?pt=UK_Baby_Potty_Training&hash=item41568e16f5#ht_500wt_1156
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:33 am

ah ty!
we dont have a mothercare so it wud be an extra fiver delivery makes it quite expensive lol!
might just stick with the normal one and buy a couple for peoples houses and hope for the best when out lol
x
Back to top Go down
XLeanneX

XLeanneX

About Me!
My Name: is Leanne
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:56 am

Jack has gone straight on to the toilet to, its a godsend! We have this seat.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Disney-Pixar-Story-Training-Toilet/dp/B004JWRQO8

As for being out, i use pull ups but call them pants and remind him to tell me if he needs to go still. If he still thinks its a nappy then i think it'll be a case of bite the bullet and hope for the best wiht pants on. As the weather gets warmer it'll be easier (less layers) also just take some spare clothes just in case.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:05 am

Thanks Leanne Smile I think we've cracked it now and he's in undies full time and no accidents.
Is Jack still in nappies at nap and bed time? I've just posted in 'Toilet training' section as I'm having a bit of trouble with Oliver taking his off when he's done a wee when he's been asleep - not sure how to tackle this one as his nappies are still fairly wet on a morning but he can have dry nappies after naps scratch
Back to top Go down
XLeanneX

XLeanneX

About Me!
My Name: is Leanne
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 am

Im actually very surprised at this but Jack has been dry at night for the past two weeks! Weve only been properly potty training for a month. Tonight is the first night ive kept his nappy off for bed so fingers crossed!

Nap times i leave his nappy off too. I only put a pull up on now if i know im gonna be out for a long time and that there wont be to many toilets at hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Potty training and Training pants Q's   Potty training and Training pants Q's Empty

Back to top Go down

Potty training and Training pants Q's

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk :: Potty Training-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Potty training and Training pants Q's Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words