Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! _
PostSubject: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:03 am

But what does thrush feel like? Embarassed Embarassed
Have never had it... at present I feel like I need to wee - a LOT - even when I've recently been - and in the past hour or two have got a bloody annoying itch that's just inside and to one side Embarassed No
Had a shower but it didn't help any - just went rinse/feel itch/need to pee/rinse/feel itch/need to pee URGH

Wondering if thrush - or cystitis maybe? No pain on peeing, just feel like I have a full bladder most of the time. Dr tested wee last week and it showed it had blood in Shocked but then the sample she sent to lab came back 'normal' scratch

Apologies for such a lovely topic Embarassed but how on earth did I get it (if it is it) and how do I get rid of it? Neutral

Last edited by GraceBean&Pip on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:08 am

Yeast infection feels like a burning itch and stings to pee. Also could experience some..discharge that resembles cottage cheese if left untreated. You can buy over the counter treatments for it. You probably had some protein in your urine sample at the doc's appt. which is normal during pregnancy and if you recently ate some meat can sway the tests a little. They would defo alert you if you had a urinary tract infection, Canesta, Monistat creams are easy to find. Just don't take the oral tablet if pregnant. xxx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 am

She tested for protein too but said that was normal (It was one of those fancy-ass dip sticks with all the test windows on) scratch

I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! 981624 < @ 'cottage cheese'! Just read that on baby centre a min ago too, yak. None of that... yet?!?

Hubby wonders if sex might help Rolling Eyes cheers, yeah, I'm well up for it. (Poor thing - he is immensly patient!)

Would it deff. sting / burn to pee then? x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:14 am

Sex will make it worse..plus..LMAO..you could pass it on to OH! You could lather on the cream downstairs and put some on OH and treat it by having sexy time..killing two birds with one stone! xxx Laughing
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:14 am

It could be thrush hun its quite common when your pregnant i had it. You can use cream and pessary which you can get from chemist but not the tablet but if you havent had it before they recommend you see your doctor to make sure it is and get the stuff free x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:16 am

Or..now this is if you are desperate..if you happen to have some plain yogurt..you can use that to treat it. Flora and fawna levels always change during pregnancy because of hormones. I also drank a lot of cranberry juice during pregnancy..just to keep myself from getting UTI's.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:17 am

Cud still be a water infection. If you had a trace of blood might have been the very start of a brewing infection, worth a recheck
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:20 am

i had that felling when i was pg.. the constand feeling that i needed a wee and i would go and it would be a dribble but i was desperate to go Sad the feeling is really horrible an di couldnt go anywhere Sad

i hada water infection go back to docs x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:24 am

I certainly do have yoghurt Jen Very Happy - never thought I'd have to be browsing my fridge for things to put on my bits though Shocked may get hubby to apply as some sort of compromise (lucky fella Wink )

May need the GP again then - will she have to examine or just go by symptoms you reckon? (or can I just get stuff from pharmacy on that 'minor ailments' scheme? They'd prob recommend GP first wouldn't they...)
But it's "just" feeling the pretty-much constant need to wee and this one itch though - like an ingrowing hair or similar Embarassed I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! 548646
Would it / should it itch all over or in a different spot? xx
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:27 am

if you had thrush you would be very itchy in most places down there..i would say what your describing is a uti as it the same as i had i had to literally hol dmy self for the sensation to wase b4 the antibiotics kicked in its horrible .. do go to the docs asap they will test your wee again and should give u tabs straights away x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:32 am

UTI's you would have pee's that hurt..burning and hardly anything comes out. Pregnancy also gives the pressure on the bladder. If unsure..do go and get it rechecked. xxx
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:37 am

mine didnt sting or hurt just had the sensation to go and a full bladder 24 /7 its was horrible Sad
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:43 am

never had thrush myself but i am familiar with the blood in urine ,,,, every sample i gave the docs/ m/w had blood in it and every time they sent it off it came back clear
they just put it down to my pregnancy and these things happen x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:36 am

Just to update... (I know, I'm a thrill a minute Laughing )

... I found that drinking more water (2-3 glasses) and ocean spray cranberry juice (mixed with lemonade, gone a bit flat) instead of other drinks, really really helped. Cleared up in a day or two.

I think it was more of a lingering thing from when I'd had that bad episode overnight with contraction-type pains, then doc found bloood in urine... but the extra fluids and trying NOT to give in to the constant urge (trying to go longer between loo visits) helped to clear things out, infection and/or irritation.

I've also just bought some femfresh http://www.femfresh.co.uk/natural-balance-intimate-wash.php
As I found that regular shower gel could start to niggle / bring back a similar sensation! So hopefully that will help too.

Now you can all sleep easy knowing that Wink thought it may be of use to others xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:56 am

Now you see i can finally get a peaceful nights sleep grace Razz
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:16 am

I cant believe that some lucky ladies have never had thrush! Shocked

I think im prone to it. I get it nearly every time i get an anti biotic and would say on average I get it 4-5 times a year pg or not. Its ficking annoying. I wear big cotton granny pants too so its not that im sweaty down there (tmi lol).

Pharmacist told me to start eating those pro biotic drinks but iv never bothered as just thought it was something women got. Maybe I should try them.
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:16 am

So glad you have found a cure to your feminine odour and itch! xxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:40 am

glad u got a cure Smile
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:48 am

I've never had thrush before, I asked my mum what it was and she said imagine a million fleas biting your bits down there, the burning itch is immense Shocked I'm so glad I've never experienced this.

My daughter had thrush in her mouth when she was newborn, the dr said that was normal as I was using latex teats and to use the silicone (clear) ones instead, I've used the clear ones from the start with Drew and he's never had it Very Happy He said it was something do do with using latex teats but I can't remember exactly what was said as it was 5 years ago xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!   I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
I'm sorry to have to ask this... *update* a bit past-due! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???