Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Money saving tips...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage

Edit MY profile

Money saving tips... _
PostSubject: Money saving tips...   Money saving tips... EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:19 am

Has anyone got any tips on saving money?
Anything at all! We always seem to save and then something happens, like something goes wrong with the car or something big needs paying for.
We've just transfered MIL a grand to look after so we dont keep dipping in to it Rolling Eyes
What about ISA'a or saving accounts? Or tricks to cut down a food shop, electric bills....anything helpful please share Smile
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Money saving tips... _
PostSubject: Re: Money saving tips...   Money saving tips... EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:29 am

You name it my OH does it. I will post some ideas tomorrow when he is not nagging me to get off here. For now check this out
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Money saving tips... _
PostSubject: Re: Money saving tips...   Money saving tips... EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:31 am

Ive saved £10 a month by dropping my mobile contract by one tarriff level and cancelling the insurance (as its covered elsewhere)

Electric
- switch everything off at the plug
- buy energy saving lightbulbs
- if you tumble dry then hang for a while first and finish in drier

Do food shopping online, the £3.50 it costs to deliver is nothing compared to what I spend in store on stuff we dont need!

Ring Sky and say you are leaving (if near contract end) and they might offer you a good deal, same with broadband and mobile!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Money saving tips... _
PostSubject: Re: Money saving tips...   Money saving tips... EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:37 am

Drop one brand level and you can save £1000 year on food shopping (according to money saving expert). Obviously there are some things you may prefer eg coca cola, or heinz ketchup... but generally tesco ham is cheaper than a brand, tesco loo roll cheaper than andrex, tesco choc biscuits 1/3 of the price of mc vities, same with cereals. I dont mean buy value, just own brand. Most things you cant tell the difference!
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

Money saving tips... _
PostSubject: Re: Money saving tips...   Money saving tips... EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:39 am

ive done everything that Lisa has mentioned and it has made a BIG difference xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Money saving tips... _
PostSubject: Re: Money saving tips...   Money saving tips... EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:42 am

I also wanted to drop our sky to £21.50 from the full package, cos we pay £52 a month now, but just dropping movies and sports comes down to just over £20 - BUT he says he wants to keep them, well he does pay for it so cant moan too much Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Money saving tips... _
PostSubject: Re: Money saving tips...   Money saving tips... EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 am

just get rid of your telly - no stupid bills and less electricity Laughing for us using a weekly meal planner and letting hubby do the food shopping (boo Laughing) saves us heaps
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Money saving tips... _
PostSubject: Re: Money saving tips...   Money saving tips... EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:02 pm

I have a standing order to transfer 150 a month into a savings accoutn and I can only make two withdrawals a year withotu getting charged. I've sort of "forgotten" about it... I'm glad it's there now though that's my baby fund Wink
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

Money saving tips... _
PostSubject: Re: Money saving tips...   Money saving tips... EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 pm

You could become a member of costco,andd buy things in bulk like nappies, wipes.

I do monthly shops and put milk and bread in freezer. i think it saves us a bit of money. But some people say costs more.

I get £167 of child benefit and tax credit (wont from april tho) i put £50 of that in noahs savings a month. Which will help for christmas and b'days, holidays. Also any money i get for noah off fam + friends i put straight into his saving account.

I am also in a 10 year savings scheme, i have been saving in it for 3 years now. Its only £21 a month, so when i am 30 i will get it all i think its about £3,700 i will get. I cant touch it until then.

Char
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Money saving tips... _
PostSubject: Re: Money saving tips...   Money saving tips... EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:21 am

We got sent one of those 'smart meters' from Npower for swapping to online billing (its a meter that shows household usage of elec, at exactly that minute and tells you what youve 'spent/accrued' in the last 7 days etc)

It doesnt half make you think where we waste money......if you leave just one light on the little meter goes up by 2p an hour...it doesnt sound a lot, but thats just one light....so you can imagine lots of light left on for ages per day over weeks and months turns into big money!

The drier, kettle, oven & dishwasher make it fly up.....so use these items economically.

I absolutely agree with online shopping if you do it right, the delivery is nowt compared to browsing a store.

See if your household could be entitled to cavity or loft insulation.....supposedly a lot of government funding in this atm if you have kids under 2, or have over 60's in your home with you.

Drop a brand, or go to Aldi......I LOVE Aldi, and can hand on heart say a lot of their products are WAY better than the main supermarkets, and the quality of meats/veggies/cheese/milk etc are fabulous for the money, so even if you just buy your basics their.

No car journeys unless essential.....fuel is a major cost in our house , could you do more walking??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Money saving tips... _
PostSubject: Re: Money saving tips...   Money saving tips... Empty

Back to top Go down

Money saving tips...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Money saving tips... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Money saving tips... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Money saving tips... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Money saving tips... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Money saving tips... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Money saving tips... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Money saving tips... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Money saving tips... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Money saving tips... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Money saving tips... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Money saving tips... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Money saving tips... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Money saving tips... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Money saving tips... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Money saving tips... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words