Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

did i mark him when i caught him or

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

did i mark him when i caught him or _
PostSubject: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:55 am

Rowan#'s top was wet after he just washed his hands. so we took his top off (we are teaching him to take his top off himself)

Then i noticed some marks on his arm. he has shown me it but wont let me touch it. i've asked if it hurts and he just walks off.

I think its from me. we were walking up the stairs to our flat when he decided to turn round and jump and i caught him just in time on the arm. it dont look like a bruise though. but its the arm i caught him on.

i'm really worried it might be something more sinister. he wont let me put a tumbler on him.

I think i gripped him too hard when i grabbed him to stop him from falling down the concrete stairs.

i feel so bad. that i've marked his arm

ok he just let me do the tumbler its not disappearing!!! he's been fine though eating well being him normal self.

they are like bloods spots.

I'm really worried now !

What should i do? if he is starting to become ill i dont want to leave it but what if its from when i grabbed his arm to stop him from falling?

please help
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:58 am

Hun, try a cold compress, will bring out the mark so you can see if its finger prints, also call .hs direct, explain how you just did, you did the right thing catching him. But if you worried which clearly you are its with a call
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:15 am

with meningitis it's usually a combination of symptoms, not just one. I believe that meningitis is usually only suspected if the rash is accompanied by a fever as well, so if he's fine otherwise it's unlikely. Just keep an eye on him and try not to worry, if it's the spot you caught him on you may have just pinched the skin a bit. You sound like you're having a bit of a bad day xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:18 am

Just think - he'd have more than a bit of a mark if you hadn't caught him, don't feel bad for marking him hun xxx
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:23 am

it's in the area i caught him. his lower arm and top of his wrist. i nearly didnt catch him and it scared the life out of me.

he asked for cream on it. when i was putting it on was moving his arm when i touched it as if it hurt. he's sitting in the bath at the moment. i'm sitting in here with him and he's splashing and singing away.

I really must have grabbed him hard for it to mark. i know it would have been a hell of a lot worse if he actually fell.

i feel so stupid though he wanted to be picked up to go up the stairs but i just couldnt i had all our bags and he was walking in front of me. argh i'm so frigging stupid
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:24 am

forgot to mention i stripped him off and have checked hmim all over and there is nothing else anywhere else on him.
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:38 am

Ur not studid hun u did what any mum wud do and protected ur child from what cud have been a nasty fall
Just keep an eye on the rash and if it gets worse get him checked out x
Back to top Go down
xxKatxx

xxKatxx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:53 am

it's better that you did catch him even if it's made a mark! we have stone steps on the end of our block and I've fell down them before, it's done enough damage to me I'd hate to think what it could to LO's!
don't beat yourself up about marking him, but just keep an eye on it Smile
xxx
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:31 am

sounds like where you caught him. like mandy said you need 2 or 3 symptoms I think before they look into it like the high temp.
keep an eye though, aw dont feel bad though!! xx
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:42 am

You're not stupid at all huni, your mummy instincts saved him. A little mark on his arm is going to hurt alot less than a fall down the stairs.

MJ thought I was going to cross the road the other day and I wasn't. I grabbed her arm harder than I realised and yanked her back as a truck was coming and bathing her that night she had a thumb print bruise on the top of her arm!! I felt bad but hubby said a bruise is better than the kid ending up more hurt and in hospital.

Rowan will be okay Smile xx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:16 am

I agree with the ladies, you did what any other mother would do - i know I would. It could have been alot worse if he had fallen Shocked dont beat yourself up about it xx
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:24 am

goo job you caught him cos that could have been a nasty fall Shocked
i took oliver to the docs cos he was coverd in a rash that looked like the early stages of menigitus rash(didnt dissapear under a tumbler) but she said if it was meningitus, by the time the rash came out he would be really ill...id say its where you caught him x
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:47 am

Thank you all for reassuring me. It's started to go down now and he's still his duper hyper self though now in bed soundo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: did i mark him when i caught him or   did i mark him when i caught him or Empty

Back to top Go down

did i mark him when i caught him or

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
did i mark him when i caught him or Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words