Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED _
PostSubject: Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED   Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:48 am

Its been about a week or two now-closer to two tbh and shes been

-Crying most of day worse in afternoon

-Worse if put down. Only content being held (UPRIGHT) or bounced in bouncy chair or in car/buggy being walked/driven.

-Fights sleep though will have a long nap midday but rest of time gets overtired unless i hold her to go to sleep

-Urpy a lot sometimes 2 hours after feeds as well. sometimes milk sometimes clear fluids, worse if laid flat. Constantly in bibs/muslins though can vom clean off the end of a bib and over me

-Windy and difficult to burp though improved lately

-By end of day when v uncomfortable brigs knees up to chest a lot then thrusts em out suddenly like in pain very hard, enough to propel herself up my chest when she does it
-Difficult to settle at bedtime takes up to 2 hours some nights of giving dummy and shushing her every 10-15 mins sometimes more

So far ive tried:

-Front sleeping for naps. Seems to make a big diff, settles well on front even when awake and dozes off without as much fighting. Ive stopped using her bouncer or hammock for naps in day now and put her on her bfing pillow under her play arch wth her music and light show and she either falls asleep or lies with her hands under her chin watching us.

-Infacol. Helped a little bit with wind then i stopped it once she was burping better now trying it again. Cant miss a dose though or she gets gripy again

-Swaddling. Seemed to help settle her quicker at night though had to be v secure or broke out and houked at face, stopped working after a couple days thugh so went back to sleeping bags. Socks on hands too seem to help the houking and her getting her dummy out

-Left sided sleeping. Just made spitting her dummy out worse

-Head up positioning. Deffo helps in day only just started trying at night

-Music. Settles her a little when fractious

-Teething powder. Calms her a little when at most fractious

-Comforter. Has cloth in day and spotty dog at night near to hand which have slept with to make smell familiar, shes always got a mussie under her head at night anyway but now likes one to hang onto in day

-Colic vibration pad. Seemed to soothe her earlier but only as much as front lying.

Only other things i thought of to trywere:

-White noise machine at bedtime, hoover seems to help in day though doesnt help Caelyn!

-Daily baths

-Massage

Just wondering if anyone thought of anything else. The crying itself has improved since the infacol and as long a she is held is fairly content but if i put her down at al shes back to screaming and its a real hgh pitched siren like shrieking

I dont mind letting her nap on her front as it means i can actually put her down for 5 mins without her screaming cos otherwise it takes me 30 mins to load the dishwasher if shes in her bouncer cos i have to go back to her every 60 seconds or so to calm her down and i can eat my dinner in peace without having to havethe bouncy chair at my feet boucing her madly and shes still back sleeping at night. The last couple nights shes actually settled better with me only going to her every 20-25 mins for an hour whihc i think is me putting up blackout blinds. And ive ordered her a load of bandana bibs if shes gotta wear bibs so much they may as well be nice ones.

Any thoughts? Im gonna go to clinic on monday and see HV anyway

Last edited by marioandthestuntbubs on Wed May 11, 2011 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED   Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:00 am

Jamie had wind rather than colic (in the sense he struggled but was never bad enough he screamed) but we found that gripe water worked much better than infacol. Hope she improves soon
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED   Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:10 am

we had this a lot with elijah, he was an absolute terror at times and it was heartbreaking....only thing i can think is if you fancy trying some infant gaviscon i can chuck a few sachets into your parcel?

it worked (and still does at times) really well with elijah and i think he started it about 6 weeks+ just mix it with a bit of ebm or boiled water and syringe it in. fiddly but nearly instant relief for him. you're meant to give it after each feed but with on demand it gets a bit ridiculous so judge that yourself Laughing (be wary of constipation!)

sounds similar though and might be worth a shot, can't think of anything else we did except many many (and still many) long nights of holding him upright asleep while we sat watching tv Neutral Sleep
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED   Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:20 am

Well i took Awen to clinic yesterday and they weighed her and shes oly gaied 9oz in 3 weeks so her weight gai has slowed by 50% and shes dropped from the 9th to the 2nd centile. They said whilst shes still gaining to keep an eye on her weight for a while as shes on the small side for her age.

I discussed her symptoms and the HV said she thinks its reflux. TBH i thought it was but had tried to brush it off as me being neurotic cos i coudnt believe both my girls would end up with reflux but it does explain the spitting up so much, the thrusting legs, not liking to lay flat and not wantig to ever be put down. Shes gotte worse over last week anyway with bobbing on and off my breast and getting mad when she feeds and constant hiccups and when i lie her flat i can hear the acid coming up. She doesnt seem as bad as C was with it which is good but i cant believe they both have had it! Feel bad now i left it 3 weeks but i did try ad go to clinic last week.

Anway they said to see my gp which i was doing today so whe i went home i tried the gaviscon mari gave me as she had fed after the clinic but had screamed all the way home. She took 4 oz formula i a bottle with gav ad dropped off to sleep without a fight for the 1st time in weeks and when she woke up had aother feed then lay there smilig and cooing. Only time she got grumpy was when i laid her in her cot so i propped her up o pillows and she cheered right up

So saw my gp today who is a diamond and very good ad she thinks hv is right and awens got reflux so has put her on the gaviscon properly. Awens been bit grumpier today but it could take a few days for her sore belly to subside. HV is hopig once that happens she may feed for longer and put on more weight. Ive topped her up with formula 3 times since yesterday but am gonna go back to feeding her myself from tommorrow with 1 btl ebm as ive been doing til now so ive expressed when ive given formula to have some ready. And in the meantime ive gone back to all my old tricks i used to use with C like the head up sleeping, upright after feeds and pretty much generally, a dummy as much as she needs etc.

Glad its sorted though and hoping my monkey is in less pain soon as actually got a smile for the 1st time in days this mornig and ive missed my happy girl
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED   Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:27 am

Glad you've found out what it is and hope her tummy gets better soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED   Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Empty

Back to top Go down

Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Think Monkeychops has colic-UPDATED Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words