Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

How do you know when your family is complete?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 _
PostSubject: How do you know when your family is complete?   How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 8:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Have been thinking about this a lot recently but Mara's post made me think to post here.

The last few days I have been so sick and tired & I keep saying to Stuart and a close friend that I am NEVER getting pg again. I am content with 2 children, I was an only child and have given Caitlin a sibbling so thats me done (fingers crossed this pg goes ok!). I dont care if its a girl or a boy - I have no strong 'need' to have a boy so the sex of this baby wont make a diff.

My friend is convinced i'l want to go again in 5-6 years time when im in my early 30's and these 2 are settled in school, particuarly if this one is another girl. Im not so sure. Iv also always wanted my family complete by the time im 30, I have nothing against older mothers, just for me personally I feel I want to get the dirty nappys, school runs etc over in one go and dont really fancy having a baby at 36 and having another 20 years ahead of me if that makes sense? My friend however thinks when im 50/60 id love having teenagers about the house and could end up lonely - im thinking grandkids will fill that gap!

Also financially im in a mess atm as havent started my career and cant imagine wanting to take a break from it again. Providing for 2 I think will be hard enought particularly when they are teenagers/have familys of their own in 20 years.

Obviously these are just my personal reasons. How did you know your family was complete or why have you decided you want the number of children you are planning?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when your family is complete?   How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:09 am

Quote :
Also i cant use any hormones anymore, i used to take the pill but now it sends me crazy
i had this too at about 27, i went entirely mental on the pill Laughing hmm i wonder if that will happen again.

ignore me ladies i am having an age crisis!!!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when your family is complete?   How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:50 am

Mari you are only 3 years older than me Laughing

Even the way you say " I had that too at about 27", ffs that was 2 years ago woman, you make it sound like a decade ago lol. Snap out of your age crisis Snap
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when your family is complete?   How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:51 am

umm i think two will be enuf for us. i am an only child and hate it so always said we'd give alfie a brothher or sister. gav is one of 4 lads and i would hate having so many kids - especially all boys. alttho i wud love a littole girl so if next turned out to be a boy we may try agai - just once more! id like to get all my baby making ver and done with by the time im 30 tho x
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when your family is complete?   How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:53 am

Um I have been an only child too an have always wanted big family. I would have loved a bro an sis, but my mom got sterilised at 24, she did regret tho but my mom an dad split up when I was two. Me an oh are going to try after we get married nxt year. Then wen he/she starts school we will try again. I will be about 29 then I can concentrate on my career. I think u will just no wen ur fam is complete, I think if ur asking urself then its not. Char x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when your family is complete?   How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:49 am

Well after the pregnancy and birth experience i had with C i said 1 was going to be eough for me but never really did anything definitive about it then once i put it behind me realised i really did want another and fell pg with Awen. But this time after the 2nd horrible pregnancy we decided even if we did want more children i couldnt do aother pregnancy like last time (and Jo A woulda kicked my ass if i had tried it) and Neil is 39 this year and said for him kids after 40 wasnt something he wanted to contemplate so i was sterilised during the section. The decision feels right and 2 feels good for us (though madly ive been broody in last 6 weeks) but were we to change our minds we would consider pursuing adoption
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when your family is complete?   How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:01 am

I have made a conscious decision to stop at 1. Wil is an amazing child and deserves 100% of the energy I have to give.

OH and I struggle with our relationship at times and in the first 13 weeks of Wil's life we came closer to splitting than ever (thanks for nursing me through it Lise). I don't want to risk that happening again because we wouldn't survive a second time.

I also intend to put Wil through private school to compliment his coached upbringing and I can only afford to do that properly for one child.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when your family is complete?   How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:22 am

James and I had always said 3. As most of you know, a couple of months ago, he got the wobbles and said he wasnt sure. He soon changed his mind though. This one wasnt planned (no ticker yet, its on my 'to do' list) to come so soon, but James is over the moon and now that it has sunk in, im delighted too. Neither of us care less what we have. Aimee and Lily are amazing and we would be happy with either, as long as its healthy. He is now talking about number 4. However, we had a talk yesterday and agreed that we will stop at 3, unless we both really want another within 2 years of having her/him. x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when your family is complete?   How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:30 am

i am revising my opinion on this, if my child doesnt start sleeping very soon my family is complete Neutral
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when your family is complete?   How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:43 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
i am revising my opinion on this, if my child doesnt start sleeping very soon my family is complete Neutral

Lol I say that pretty much every morning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you know when your family is complete?   How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you know when your family is complete?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
How do you know when your family is complete? - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words