Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

double buggy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Tyler will be 2 years and 2 months when no. 2 comes along and I can't decide whether to get a double buggy or not.
At the moment Tyler will walk but he gets tired easily and if we don't take his pram needs carrying.

The chances are that I won't be on my own with the two of them very often but if and when I am I won't be able to take them out without a double... I doubt Tyler would use a buggy board.

so, do I just wait and see or get a double? If I get a double does anyone ahve any recommendations?

I want one... but mum and OH dont think I should... think if Im not on my own we can use a lightweight pushchair for Tyler and our original pram for new baby.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Well Libby was 2 years 4 months when Dexter was born and we havent got a double.

I think it depends really - Libby is great at holding our hands and our pram is easy enough to push with just one hand, also we got her used to not using a pushchair from when I was about 20 weeks pregnant so she can now walk a good 2 miles before getting tired.

Personally I wouldn't bother xx
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:52 pm

we are getting one there will be two years between paige and little man

main reasons are, i don't drive so i walk every where, and tend to be out for quite a few hours.
Paige is a very good+walker and is happy to walk but still needs a nap in the day. Ill
prob be on my own most of the time so if she+does get sleepy at least i+won't have to carry her. Some times paige is really slow+at walking and if Im in a rush and not got the+push chair im cursing lol.

We are gettin the graco quatto tour duo which from kiddie care is just over 200
so not too bad for the short time we will be using it. Im keeping my old pram thou for walking days with paige lol
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:55 pm

I was wondering about this as we'll have a similar age gap.. Milo is really good at walking a long way, but when he gets tired he'll just throw himself on the floor and game over! And I don't know what I'd do if he suddenly decided to head off in the opposite direction! Laughing I've kept my old buggy with has a newborn seat, and I'm going to try using a buggy board, but just in case I'm going to take my baby sling out too so if Milo acts up I can fling him in that and strap him onto my back, and keep the little one in the buggy. And if thats a disaster, fit the toddler seat in the buggy for Milo, and keep the little one in the sling.
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Iv got one, and must say its been an utter life saver!!!!
Lillie is so small she cant go on a buggy board as her arms would be killing her lol plus she still gets tired when out and about walking. Plus I can strap her down when out shopping or in car parks so worried she'l run out.

I um and ah for ages about mine, but soooo glad I did!! dont get me wrong she does walk most of the time but when needed I can put her in, when shes not in doubles up as a shopping trolly for shopping bags haha xxxx
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:26 pm

I obvously havent got two but i would definately go for having a double just incase even if you just get a cheapie so you have one callum loves walking but does get tired and falls to the floor cudnt imagine him holding on nicely at the age x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:37 pm

em which doubel have you got?

see Tyler will be at nursery in the mornings but I'm hoping to keep him there only 4 days a week so I can spend one day a week with him too so unless we do nOTHING on fridays I won't be able to go out.

that quatro is a really good price might have a looksy Smile
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Aimee was 22 months when Lily was born. I knew I wouldnt be going anywhere until she was at least 2 because of the winter. I did get a double buggy, but have used it twice, and Aimee wont sit in it. She normally walks. What about a buggypod
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_95826_10001
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Iv seen those buggy pods looked quite good, but I didnt like them side by side. watched far too many people struggle to get through door ways and aisles.

I got icandy pear. quite £££ but worth it I think, mind I got mine off ebay.

http://icandyuk.com/products_detail.php?id=pear_stroller
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:50 pm

I didnt want one, and still dont think I really need it. Caitlin will be 2 years 4 months when LO arrives and it will be depths of Winter so will probably be even older before we are venturing out on long trips.
I drive everywhere and apart from going to visit people, tesco, nipping to boots etc I cant see us being out and about for long periods - and Caitlin already walks from Car to front door/trolley/10 min round a shop etc (though we have reigns!!!)

Anyway my mum apparently knew best and 2-3 weeks ago bought a double off ebay. Its something similar to this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Maclaren-Twin-Techno-Buggy-ex-condition-/230622032957?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item35b224f43d#ht_500wt_1156

Im not so keen on it because it doesnt fit through doors, but I suppose it may be useful for days out next spring/summer. Even at almost 3 I suppose there will be times Caitlin wants a nap or we are walking far in a country park or something.

I wouldnt say its essential but if you could get one cheap/2nd hand to keep spare then id say go for it. Day to day I think i'l be putting the baby in Caitlin's old travel system and for day trips or when Im on my own with them use the double. (Im actually warming to the idea of the double now thinking about how I would cope walking to the dr's for LO's jabs if Caitlin threw a tantrum and launched herself on the ground - sometimes strapping them in has its advantages lol!)
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:58 pm

^^ exactly why I got it really, Lillie is the throwing her self on the floor in a tantrum queen!!! can pick her up and strap her in!!! lol
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:22 pm

I got a double and didn't think I would use it tbh but it's been a godsend. There is no way I would manage to go anywhere alone with both kids without it. Just trips to the docs, shopping centres, corner shop, park etc are a nightmare if you have a toddler who is refusing to walk. Trying to steer a single one handed whilst keeping hold of a toddlers hand/reign is not good if you want to walk any faster than a snail. Also a double is great for just getting out for some fresh air and a bit of a power walk to lose those extra couple of baby weight lbs.

I would say that if you're in two minds then just get a cheap/2nd hand one so it's always there 'just in case' because if there comes a day where you've GOT to be somewhere and toddler decides they aint walking then you're not going Laughing

xx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:23 pm

well see this baby will be a winter baby but its only the winter when we can actually go out (and our winter is like english summer lol) my mums wants us all to go to america in april too so baby will be 5 months Tyler will 2 yrs 7 months so will NOT be able to walk all day in a theme park, this is where they say just buy a cheap buggy for him but that wont be the ONLY time I need to take them both out...
Tyler throws himself on the floor too and doesn't hold my hand when he walks we use reigns but using reigns and pushing my travel system won't be easy...

em i love the i candy but I cant justify the price when I will probably only need it a handful of times.

they have cheap Graco for 128 on kiddicare so might just get that. I wil probably get 100 quid back for it over here anyway when I dont need it anymore so... hmmmmm Smile
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:28 pm

I am in the same situation, Thomas will be 2 and 2 months when baby is due. He is not very good at walking but thought a double would be a waste of money as may only be used for a few months.
I love the idea of icandy pear or similar as they convert to a single so not a complete waste of money.
I have spent weeks thinking about what to do for the best and still do not know x
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:33 pm

yeah its alot, but I got mine off ebay so was 1/2 the price. but still alot (did lie to OH exactly how much whoops)

but that was I like about mine, it goes into a single also so somedays when we've poped out I dont have to get all bits I can just put in single.
plus it folds down quite small was another factor for me as boot isnt that big.

I liked the P&Ts and the britax dual. But when I went to buy the dual really it was cms too big for my boot lol
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:11 am

I've got a double and it's great. H can walk but he gets tired so likes a rest in the pram. Why not see if you can get a second hand one off eBay. I've got a cosatto double it's fab x
Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:15 am

Ive got a Phil & teds and got it as soon as I found out I was preg with J, as you can use them as a single buggy as well. We obv used that once it came and then just added the 2nd seat once J was born. I obv didnt have much choice as Hannah was only 15 + 1/2 months when J came along but id still of got one if I knew she wasnt very good at walking. P&Ts arent too expensive if you can shop around, kiddicare always got them on good offer&if you find cheaper elsewhere they refund you the difference (price match etc)
P&T folds so flat, its smaller than the graco travel system I had for Hannah. Its easy to get up/down once youve worked it out. Really rhobust and is slightly heavier but if thats the only downside then I can live with it. Its not a problem when pushing just when carrying in or out car, bus etc. when folded.

xx
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:34 am

I've just seen the bugaboo donkey! I know it'll cost about £2million but it's making want another baby so I can have two to push about in it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

double buggy _
PostSubject: Re: double buggy   double buggy Empty

Back to top Go down

double buggy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
double buggy Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
double buggy Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
double buggy Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
double buggy Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
double buggy Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
double buggy Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
double buggy Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
double buggy Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
double buggy Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
double buggy Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
double buggy Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
double buggy Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
double buggy Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
double buggy Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
double buggy Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words