Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Wish me luck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptySat May 28, 2011 9:10 am

Well we are finally getting somewhere with this potty training malarky. Thomas is now completely dry in the day when at home, I've managed finally to get him to wear pants and he hasn't had an accident in them for ages. We have wees and poos on the potty now all day and he tells me or just goes and does it himself then brings me it. cheers

So my next step is going out with no nappy affraid which is planned for tomorrow Wish me luck 548646

We're starting small and are taking him to feed the ducks, I've spoken to him about it and explained that he wont be having his nappy on and he can use the big boy toilet like daddy if he needs to. I've promised him an icecream and daddy has brought the ducks a whole special loaf home from work for the occasion (best fed ducks around here ya know Wink). So he's excited and looking forward to it Very Happy

So I'll let you know how we get on tomorrow ladies Wish me luck 548646

xx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptySat May 28, 2011 9:21 am

Good luck! sounds like he's doing really well. I'm only just thinking about this potty training thing and it's scaring me!
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:40 am

Good luck Debs, it sounds like Thomas is doing fab. I'm not looking forward to potty training but I'm guessing once you get into it, it isn't that bad xx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptySun May 29, 2011 1:25 am

Good luck/how did it go?!

I hadnt really thought about how much of a pain it must be organising pee stops etc for long journeys!

Hope Thomas enjoyed the ducks anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:12 am

Thanks ladies.

Well in went ok :/

We went out and fed the ducks, then decided to get lunch in the little cafe in the park. Thomas was fine but then told me he needed a wee. I took him to the toilets and he refused to go so we went back to lunch. Repeat this 7 times with both me and OH trying to take him and he still refused to go and said he didn't need it by the time we got into the cubicle. We went back to see the ducks and then decided to go home. This was about 1 1/2 hours later and no accidents so that was good BUT we then got stuck in diverted traffic on the way home and he wet himself Sad poor Thomas.

So all in all he was great tbh - we are gonna have to tackle the public toilet issue and I think I will get potty to keep in the car but I was really pleased with him. I know he had an accident but it wasn't his fault we were stuck in traffic on country lanes for 1/2 an hour.

Will take him out again tomorrow see how he goes.

xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:20 am

Well done Thomas!Smile

as the mummy of a little boy it was a regular thing for Paul to pee in a bottle and even the odd sandwich bag and once a crisp bag!!!!

It's not that easy with a girly though!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:23 am

Can I just add to that and I mean when we were in the car NOT peeing in crisp bags at home etc Smile
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:21 am

Lol Pen - I got ya Wink

Thanks hun, tbh he isn't a fan of toilets at all at the moment but he doesn't want to wear nappies either so I think it's gonna be a case of taking a potty everywhere with us until he decides he's happy with toilets. Will be a pain for a while but easier than nappy changes I guess. I'm so proud of him he seems to have come on leaps and bounds recently, gave up his dummy, dropped his naps and now seem's ready to lose the nappies cheers

OH took him out today to his office and to pick up a treadmill but he didn't know how long he would be and it was a lot of motorway driving so I popped a nappy on him but he came home 2 hours later and legged it to his potty, yanked his nappy off and did a huge wee and a poo. When I checked his nappy was bone dry Wish me luck 270211 bless him he must've been busting. So that's it now - no more nappies in the day, he doesn't have a nap now either so that's not a problem. Just the nights to sort now and we will be nappy free Very Happy

xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:38 am

wow well done thomas. could he and c discuss potties and toilets ad come to some middle ground
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:43 am

Haha yeah that would be good hun, although when Thomas first started like C he wouldn't entertain the potty at all. I tried hard to keep up with the constant toilet trips but having Hannah the crazy baby around I couldn't keep leaving her every 30 minutes to go upstairs with Thomas so I really encouraged the potty. Probably made a rod for my own back tbh. He doesn't mind using our toilet as he has his seat and he's comfortable with it but he doesn't seem enamoured at all with public toilets - I dont know if it's the actual toilet he doesnt like or the confinement of the cubical and the door shutting etc? Just gonna take one day at a time and see how he goes and gonna get one of those folding toilet seat thingies to try.

Sounds like C is doing fab hun - good luck to you both!

xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:49 am

Ta. At least i can leave awen as shes still immobile-well she can get around the floor a little but nowt major. Im more concerned with having to keep breaking off bfing to sort it as shes still feeding 2 hrly

anyway how long have you been doing the potty training to get ton this point?
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:07 am

Well I was hoping you wouldn't ask that hun because it might scare you Wish me luck 548646

Thomas first asked to use his potty in December Shocked and he started really well with his wees but it's poos that have always been an issue for him. He had one or two at the start and all was going fine then for some odd reason he started to freak out about doing his poos and would get really upset about it and even started to hold them in. I have no idea what triggered it at all and just resigned myself to riding it out and letting him guide me. He has been brilliant with wees for months now but because of the poo issue he was still having to have nappies on most days which set him back a bit. Then a couple weeks back he had a bad tummy and was pooing a lot and this just coincided with him developing an obsession with being naked Rolling Eyes so I found myself in a position where I had a child that wont keep clothes and nappies on but had a runny bum pale We had a fair few accidents that week and there was a lot of poo around so I think in a weird way it got him used to seeing poo and the feeling of needing to go quickly and he had no choice but to use the potty when he was quick enough. That was like a turning point and since he's been fine doing his poos in his potty and he's now at the point where he hates having a nappy on at all and can't stand the feeling of being wet so it's all good signs.

Obviously this isn't a typical example and I have no idea why he suddenly started freaking over poos as I've been very careful not to give any negative reactions to poos etc but I'm glad that's over. I think girls are generally a bit quicker than boys and C seems very switched on for her age so she will probably be well away by this time next week hopefully. I don't have any advice where the bf in concerned hun I'm afraid but once C gets used to the potty training thing she will be able to start waiting a minute or so to go so hopefully she is ready and will get to that stage quickly for you.

Let us know how it goes hun

xx
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:10 am

Oooh good luck hun! Well done Thomas though!! x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:18 am

Thanks Debs. Fingers crossed since we started using toilet instead of potty shes not bothered by wee or poo-though we may have to stop phoning neil every single time she goes cos as excited as she is to tell daddy i dont think he fancies several I did a wee wee calls a day. Im actually glad you say its taken a while as i head a lot about people doing it in 3 days or whatever and im kinda prepared as C is still only just 2 to be in for a longish haul

Is your hubby good at sticking to it? Cos im back for KIT days now and 1st one is thursday and neils got both for 1st time on his own and im a bit worried how he will go with it and not sure he wont just put a nappy on her for easiness and if that would set her back or not? I suppose i could cancel this weeks KIT and tack it on the end of another week if need be, we are skint hence why im doing em but id rather be there for C if i need to be so opinions on that welcome too

Sorry ive jacked your thread xxx
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:30 am

Lol @ the daddy phone calls hun - we did similar at the start and you soon get tired of it Laughing

I know what you mean about hearing stories too hun - I heard loads of people who got it over with in a week etc and I've been through phases of stressing that I'm doing it wrong somehow but he was, like C, only just gone 2 when he first asked and I knew he wasn't fully ready at that point but I couldn't refuse because he asked. So it has been a long haul to get here if I'm honest with a few set backs along the way - like holidays to nannas etc but we got there.

OH has been crap at sticking to it hun, he doesn't seem to even hear Thomas aksing for the potty tbh Mad drives me nuts! Luckily (or maybe not) he doesn't often have the kids on his own so not been too much of a problem. The odd time I've had a lie in I came down to Thomas still in a nappy which made me mad but tbh now that Thomas is fully ready he wont allow OH to ignore him and will take his own nappy off and throw it at him if he does Laughing. I don't think it will set her back though hun if she is ready she will let daddy know and if you're out and about she'll have to have her nappy for a little while yet anyway. It's up to you hun - see how she goes in the next day or so and if she makes huge progress then maybe cancel you KIT day but otherwise give Mr Mario a kick up the bum and leave sticky not reminders all over the house so he can't say "I forgot" Rolling Eyes

xx
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:41 am

well done Debs and Thomas, I think I can safely say Chloe is toilet trained now. Its our 2nd time of trying and she's done it in around 3 weeks and we're at the point where we've had a sucessful shopping trip, soft play and long car journey this week an have been out all day today and no accidents, going to wait a while before we think about nights x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:49 am

thanks hon. Up stairs feeding Awen now so excuse typing Im one handed on phone. I asked him if he would stick to it and got i quote...i will try. So will see how she does Mon and Tue then make a decision. At least being kit and not a real shift i do have the option of cancelling but i also think he needs to learn the hard bits too. Play it by ear i guess. Anyway off T9 bed now but big Congrats to Thomas again. Keep us updated on how he is getting on as will be following your posts to keep me hopeful lol x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Wish me luck _
PostSubject: Re: Wish me luck   Wish me luck Empty

Back to top Go down

Wish me luck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk :: Potty Training-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Wish me luck Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Wish me luck Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Wish me luck Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Wish me luck Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Wish me luck Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Wish me luck Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Wish me luck Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Wish me luck Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Wish me luck Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Wish me luck Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Wish me luck Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Wish me luck Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Wish me luck Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Wish me luck Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Wish me luck Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words