Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

milk milk milk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

milk milk milk  _
PostSubject: milk milk milk    milk milk milk  EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:01 pm

hmmm so this is how things are currently:

elijah is bf first thing in the morning, sometimes at morning nap, usually at afternoon nap, then at bedtime (and generally during the night but this isn't for food it's just comfort - will deal with that another day?!).

he also has cows milk on his cereal, on my cereal which he eats and has at least 2 yogurts and a piece of cheese a day.

during the day if he isn't sleepy or he's busy he is happy to have a snack and water instead of bf, its really just when he is very tired, but he does actually feed in those cases.

so im thinking of saying a permanent bye bye to the daytime feeds (keeping first thing and last thing feeds as i have tried cutting them and it wasn't good). should i be replacing his water at snacktime with milk? or formula? or is he big enough now to go without.

he has never tried drinking cows milk but is fine with it...i dont really want to try formula now he is so old, but does he need it??? he eats pretty much everything when he isn't poorly, loads of fruit veg rice lentils pasta bread etc....what would you do? leave him with snacks, try cows milk or go with formula for naptimes?!
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

milk milk milk  _
PostSubject: Re: milk milk milk    milk milk milk  EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:06 pm

I think he'll be fine without the daytime feeds now. Stephen just has cows milk now when he gets up in the morning and before he goes to bed. You could give him a drink of cows milk during the day if you wanted but if he's having 2 feeds a day and dairy stuff he'll probably be fine without it xx
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

milk milk milk  _
PostSubject: Re: milk milk milk    milk milk milk  EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:28 pm

He'll be fine with water or dilute juice hun, although if you want to give him milk and he'll take it then it wouldn't hurt to give him milk either - it's up to you. Hannah is on two bottles of cows milk a day (first and last thing) and just water (sometimes juice as a treat) during the day and has been for a good month or so. She has only had two milk feeds a day since 10 months but, like Eli, eats anything and everything and gets a good diet (more than can be said for her brother milk milk milk  548646) so I don't worry about her.

xx
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

milk milk milk  _
PostSubject: Re: milk milk milk    milk milk milk  EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:59 am

Noah is just down to two a day morning and night. He has plenty of food and fluids throughout day. Sometimes if his poorly will have am afternoon bottle x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

milk milk milk  _
PostSubject: Re: milk milk milk    milk milk milk  EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:12 am

At that age Caitlin got 2 btls a day morning and night.

I think if he's getting enough calcium - which it sounds he is through yoghurt's/cheese etc then I would go for the water during the day. Milk may fill him up too much and stop him eating so much at meals maybe? Is cows mik more filling than a BF? scratch
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

milk milk milk  _
PostSubject: Re: milk milk milk    milk milk milk  EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:43 am

interesting point snoops....but he can eat 5 rice cakes, and half a bag of whatever organix snacks i have in my bag at the time and drink water (has happened a few times when we were out) get home half an hour later and nom up insane amounts of lunch (seriously....the child eats more than us some mealtimes!) so not too worried, obviously if he suddenly stopped eating as much i would think again.

going to leave it a few more days cos he really isn't himself after the mmr and has had a few temps and things, the only prob with not bf through the day is it sends him to sleep - now what am i gonna do??!?!
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

milk milk milk  _
PostSubject: Re: milk milk milk    milk milk milk  EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:27 am

I would say he's fine with just water during the day too hun

From when I stopped BF Libby at 13 months she wouldnt have milk at all and would only drink weak squash - it wasnt til we introduced Nesquik at 20 months that she started to drink milk again.

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

milk milk milk  _
PostSubject: Re: milk milk milk    milk milk milk  EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:51 am

i tried him with a bit of cows milk at teatime in his cup and he sat with a cup of water in one hand and a cup of milk in the other alternating and looking puzzled haha he then drank all of the milk and most of the water....dunno if that means he likes it or if he was just thirsty Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

milk milk milk  _
PostSubject: Re: milk milk milk    milk milk milk  Empty

Back to top Go down

milk milk milk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
milk milk milk  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
milk milk milk  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
milk milk milk  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
milk milk milk  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
milk milk milk  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
milk milk milk  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
milk milk milk  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
milk milk milk  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
milk milk milk  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
milk milk milk  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
milk milk milk  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
milk milk milk  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
milk milk milk  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
milk milk milk  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
milk milk milk  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words