Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? _
PostSubject: Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas?   Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:03 am

Dexter had a small raised red mark come up on his cheek when he was about 3 weeks old, I didnt think anything of it and wsnt worried about it.

We were at hospital on friday seeing a consultant about other things (he diagnosed Dexter with reflux) and he just happen to notice the red mark and told us what it is, he said it may grow in the next few months and darken then should disappear by the time Dexter is 2. Again didnt really think anything of it as the consultant was very blase about it.

Well I decided to google it ( Rolling Eyes ) and there has been some images where they've grown rather large and in some of the information it says they should disappear by the time they reach 10!! pale Sad

Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with them??

Thank you x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas?   Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:44 am

*Slaps susan with a sign saying STEER CLEAR OF GOOGLE*

Chatting to you now chick xxx
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas?   Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:54 am

Hiya,

Sophie has one behind here ear, it popped up around 6 months old and grew quickly for about 4 weeks and then seemed to stop growing and just sort of grow with her so it always sort of looks the same size. They thought it was a cyst but when they did an ultrasound on it they said it was a haemangioma.

Apparently it will stop growing by 2 and should be gone by 5 but some take longer.

Sophie's isn't red though as hers is deeper down sounds like dexters is near the surface being red. So sophie's is generally skin colored but occasionally is blue. It doesn't hurt her and nbody notices it because it is behind her ear.

The doctor at the hospital was very blasay about it too. The only reason to get rid of sophie's would be cosmetic and I wouldnt do that. I think with ones on the surface you have to watch out for infection as they bleed when knocked apparently but Sophie doesn't have one like that.

Don't google! It will be fine I'm sure!
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas?   Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:19 am

Sophia had a little one on the base of her spine which appeared a week or two after birth and grew a bit but then shurnk, faded and went by the time she was a year. It started off just as dots. Thought i had been doing her nappies too tight!

Mandy xx
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas?   Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:20 am

oh, and a friend has a little boy who has one on his cheek. He is two now. still there but a lot smaller and starting to fade. HAs caused him no problems.

MAndy xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas?   Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:32 pm

Thanks ladies.

It hasn't grown since it came up so I'm hoping it'll stay as small as it is now and wont take too long to disappear.

xx
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas?   Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:00 pm

My eldest nephew and my neice both had one hun, my nephews was on the inside of his leg and my neices was at the base of her spine.

Both of them had reduced dramatically by the time they were 6 months and now you can hardly see them.

Also a parent at the nursery I used to work at, her little boy had one on his forehead, they got him a passport when he was 6 months old and ended up having to replace the passport the next summer as it had gone xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas?   Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Anyone had any experience with haemangiomas? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words