Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

first official day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: first official day   first official day EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:07 am

of giving up on the owld ciggies...only smoke at the max 2 a day, so no point really!! dont want to be a smoking bride in my wedding dress!! just getting to that time of the evening where i could sit outside and have a cuppa and share half a ciggie with adam...he is at work, and we attempted to give up the other day...i survived all day/evening without a one, and he had bought some at work Sad he promised today that he'd do it properly though...we'll see though...Smile
hopefully by the wedding i will be ciggies free Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:22 am

hope it goes well hun.

ive been an on off smoker for years but since having ellie I've only had 4 so I consider myself a non smoker now!

xx
Back to top Go down
Vicki

Vicki

About Me!
My Name: Vicki

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:33 am

fair play to you my lovely, stay strong you will do it xxxx
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:39 am

stay strong lou. 2 tabs a day isnt an addiction its a habit. just gotta find things to occupy ureself with so i dont think about them x
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:21 am

yeah deffo amy, more of a "i'm bored/i have nothing else to do" kinda habit!! Troubles gonna be when i have a drink of alcohol (next time i have alcohol will be my birthday) and i am an addictive smoker when drinking...usually a box of 20 on a night out...Sad
keep me strong ladies...it's getting to that time of day where i am bored/benji is getting on my nerves Razz Laughing lol and i feel like i need a tab!! :/ haven't had once since wednesday evening...so doing good so far!! Smile
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:52 am

Well done on none since wednesday. Just in your only on 2 a day it's pointless smoking for that small amount.

I've never been able to give up I was back to smoking 20 a day within days of having ollie and amelia. I've found now though since ony smoking outside and not in the car ive gone down to around 5ish a day. I can cope with that for now
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:35 am

How are you doing? Just wanted to say well done and i know what you are going through. Have you tried nicotine gum? Even just 1 or 2 pieces in evening when you fancy a smoke?

Im not talking about it too much on here, but im quit atm and on patches. Finding it so hard iv been in tears alot recently but my MW is fantastic! Nothing like the one on misbehaving mums lol, and for the 1st time im starting to feel this could be me smoke free forever. Getting support and not judgement from people really helps.

Well done, it must be hard for you without the incentive of being pg (thats whats keeping me going).

Kayleigh argh im sad to hear you are smoking again - not getting at you! I just mean I have it in my head that if I quit for months I wouldnt go back again ever - though I did after cutting down/eventually quitting with Caitlin so iv done it myself. Im itching for a fag now.... off to get an ice lolly lol!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:43 am

i found the inhalator was really good - although it does look like you are smoking a tampon applicator, which isn't always a great look, but it did help me the last 2 times haha
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:55 am

LOL at tampon applicator!!! Laughing Im never gona be able to look at mine the same.

I got an inhalator but threw it down in disgust as its not like smoking a cig. I was expecting smoke and a nice hit at the back of the throat lol - instead I got a taste like smelly feet - probably similar to what iv been smelling like the last 10 years, gross!

Might try and make friends with it again, patches are making me a tad dizzy but I thinks thats cause I had cut down so much the dose is a bit high. if I take them off but im climbing the walls.

I was going to say do you still have days you want a smoke Mari- but have just remembered you are another naughty pup who went back on them... starting to lose hope of this being a life change.... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 6:34 am

hehe smoking a tampon Laughing mari you have such a way with words you always make me giggle Wink
yeah day 3 now, i really was gagging for a ciggie today because i had a lager shandy in the garden, and it was lush and sunny and i was soooo desperate for a one- right now i could JUST have one Sad
struggling like, especially with dieting aswell, can't even give myself some sweets lol
anyhoo talking about it is making me worse Laughing
i'm hoping that it's also a life change for us aswell, and not just a big old waste of time, and making me cranky at the same time!!!! Smile
good luck girls xx
and kayliegh well done for cutting down Very Happy xxx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 9:18 am

I think you can do it snoops. I think if I'd brought AMelia straight home i wouldnt have started again. I know it sounds awful but I think if it werent for smoking again I'd have had a nervous breakdown after she was born. Just going outside for 5 mins while having a fag really helped to clear my head. I know its not exactly the healthy option but meh lol
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 6:49 pm

know what ya mean hun! we gotta have some vices with the lives we lead lol stressful as a mother!! Smile best thing ever giving up though Very Happy we save atleast a fiver a week Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
gemz599

gemz599

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:08 pm

I gave up first of jan 2010 was best thing i have done also haven't started again Very Happy have had the odd puff whilst drunk Embarassed but only to see if it would bother me used to smoke quite alot whilst drinking and it just made me feel Puke

I don't think i will start up again as oh still smoke's and it doesn't bother me one bit also went cold turkey too Very Happy

Good luck ladies xxx
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:16 pm

thanks hunni Very Happy this going cold turkey is hard work, but i have the will power, as im doing it along side dieting aswell Surprised hard, hard work...nothing to nibble on when needin a ciggie, so i just go outside and pretend LOL!
eeeek day 4 today!! xx
Back to top Go down
gemz599

gemz599

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:33 pm

Yea it deffo is hard work i think i found it easier as i had a good reason not to smoke don't no if i would of managed it not being pg Rolling Eyes

What about some fruit to nibble on ?

Well done hun keep it up Smile x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 6:21 am

Goodluck doing it hun xx
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:23 am

thanks another day of none smoking Very Happy not touched a ciggie for that long now Very Happy just worried i'll slip on my hen night...when lots of drink is involved i like to go out and have a ciggie...Sad not more of that now Sad ah well saving my lungs and shit Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:34 am

Well done on another day!

Thats my fear too - alcohol. Obviously being pregnant im safe from that temptation for another 5 months or so- but after that... eh? I cant imagine not having a drink and cig at the same time.

I thought I could be a social smoker after Caitlin, big mistake. If I knew I had some left in my handbag I ended up smoking them the next day... and then buying more.... I dont know how people can control themselves and do it on a night out.
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 am

yep, deffo gonna struggle on a night out...especially my hen night when friends will be smoking etc...and even harder when im on a diet too...i am under the 14 stone mark today though Very Happy yipee Very Happy Thanks snoops Very Happy
I'm sure if you really wanted to, you could find the strength, if i wasn't getting married we'd still be smoking, i just don't want to be a bride, in a lovely dress with a fag in my hand Laughing (vain, i know lol) but it seems to be working Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:28 am

Lou that was the reason i quit. I stopped 4th jan 2009 and was getting married in the Aug of that year so gave myself plenty of time to stop. I went cold turkey and haven't touched a tab since! Not even a puff when i've been drinking. And while i stopped i also lost 2 stone for my wedding so it is possible to quit when dieting and keep off them! It is hard when ya drinking-you just gotta remove yourself from temptation. On your hen night don't go outside. At least you'll smell nice and not freeze your bits off outside! I have every faith in u!x
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:24 am

Very Happy thanks amy Razz Laughing i do appreciate the faith you have in me Very Happy blushlove i haven't had a tab since, and tbh i'm missing my food more than anything...but i've lost 5lbs Very Happy i want to make myself proud more than anything, i have smoked on and off now since i was 18, and i HATE how it controlled me...nothing controls me, and i let those filthy things control me Sad eurgh! thanks again amy Very Happy day 6 today i do believe!!?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:48 am

oooh i have a well sexy pic of me with a fag in my mouth in my wedding dress Laughing i'll dig it out tomorrow hahaha
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:52 am

Well done Lou! x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:03 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
oooh i have a well sexy pic of me with a fag in my mouth in my wedding dress Laughing i'll dig it out tomorrow hahaha

Im dying to see it lol. I dont think there is any pictures of me smoking in the last 3 years. Even when I smoked on nights out after Caitlin I would have hid it from the camera as I didnt want SIL to know id started again and see on FB.

Iv my check up with smoking MW in the morning (can I say I feel like a tramp admitting that, but honestly its helped me so much & am glad I asked for support). Cant wait to blow in the wee machine and see all the green lights. She also lets me get a sneaky listen to babys HB. Heard it a few weeks ago at 14 + 4 I think blushlove

Your doing great Lou, especially losing weight too. Im eating rings round me and getting as fat as a fool No
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:15 am

hahaha i am about to make a post just for you snoops Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

first official day _
PostSubject: Re: first official day   first official day Empty

Back to top Go down

first official day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
first official day Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
first official day Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
first official day Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
first official day Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
first official day Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
first official day Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
first official day Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
first official day Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
first official day Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
first official day Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
first official day Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
first official day Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
first official day Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
first official day Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
first official day Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words