Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Apnoea monitor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Apnoea monitor _
PostSubject: Apnoea monitor   Apnoea monitor EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:27 am

Not sure what to do. As ive mentioned before because of Awens reflux she sleeps on her tummy and to make it as safe as possible she wears a SNUZA apnoea monitor. Theres been a couple false alarms when OH attaches it as he doesnt do the nappy up securely enough but by and large im comforted by her wearing it.

But shes been rolling for a week or so now, she goes consistently front to back and started going back to front now (so now i put her on tummy at base of cot and find her at top on her back turned anything up to 180 degrees) and I know the 6 month drop in SIDS risk guidlines are because by 6 months lots more babies roll which is why the risk drops.

So being as how she can roll theoretically her risk of SIDS has decreased and i dunno whether to stop using her alarm. Ive stopped using it for daytime naps as she never sleeps as deep or as long anyway but im undecided about night, on the one hand it would be easier cause i havent gotta faff about putting it under clothes and fitting it right on the nappy and by morning it marks her skin where she lies on it and no more 4am false alarms and knowing she can move as well as she does her SIDS risk is probably way down but......

Im just not sure, I dont think it helps shes still less than 12lb so is dinky still and i worry that even though shes moving well you ust never know do you and then i get the whole paranoia that if something did happen Id never forgive myself for stopping her wearing the thing. At this point though i dunno what my cut off is to feel comfortable about it-6 months? 14lb? Rolling more consistently?

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Apnoea monitor _
PostSubject: Re: Apnoea monitor   Apnoea monitor EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:02 am

I've stopped using Amelias snuza because shes so small we were having alot of false alarms where it was losing contact and I ended up dreading putting it on her. In all honesty I'd put the snuza on ebay and get an angelcare. I can't fault mine and only paid £35 for it (just the pad and alarm not the actual monitor bit) I got £60 for her snuza on ebay so nearly what I paid for it. x
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Apnoea monitor _
PostSubject: Re: Apnoea monitor   Apnoea monitor EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:06 am

I have to admit I'm not entirely sure how the snuza monitor works, is it similar enough to a breathing sensor monitor that you'd feel comfortable switching to that instead?

i had one from Milo for birth (it's the angelcare baby sound and sensor monitor) and I was really happy with it, even when he started rolling around the range it picked up on seemed wide enough that we only had a couple of false alarms.

If it helps about the "paranoia", i used Milo's until he was 1 and a bit Embarassed so i'm tempted to say do whatever helps you sleep well at night!
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Apnoea monitor _
PostSubject: Re: Apnoea monitor   Apnoea monitor EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:51 pm

If you got these doubts, then keep using it chick xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Apnoea monitor _
PostSubject: Re: Apnoea monitor   Apnoea monitor EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks guys. Id considered an angel care but im not sure how big the mat is. If awen wakes in the night she will usually commando crawl up the cot looking for her dummy or her blanky to suck on to nod off again so i think unless its a big mat she would be off it all the time

I think for now i will keep using it, the false alarms only happen when OH doesnt do her nappy up properly so it loses contact and the skin marking fades really quick so i guess its a small tradeoff for me being able to sleep without panicking. Daft really since generations of us slept on our tummies but they make such a big thing out of it now that if something happened while she was sleeping on her belly id feel like it was my fault so maybe ill allow myself to be guided by my paranoia for now lol. Like Meg said if im feeling doubtful i may as well or im only gonna be up all night listening to her. Ive stopped using it for naps so once a day putting it on isnt that much hassle
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Apnoea monitor _
PostSubject: Re: Apnoea monitor   Apnoea monitor EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:24 am

Nope ive put a bid in on a mat. Ive no idea what it is OH does but every time he puts the damn thing on her it goes off. Never seems to for me. Anyways ive looked at a couple and the Nanny or Baby Sense seem to cover more of the cot so i think might be ok even with her crawling. Am aiming to spend what you did Kayleigh then will stick the snuza on the bay. Just not comfortable letting her sleep without anything
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Apnoea monitor _
PostSubject: Re: Apnoea monitor   Apnoea monitor Empty

Back to top Go down

Apnoea monitor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Apnoea monitor Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Apnoea monitor Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Apnoea monitor Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Apnoea monitor Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Apnoea monitor Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Apnoea monitor Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Apnoea monitor Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Apnoea monitor Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Apnoea monitor Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Apnoea monitor Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Apnoea monitor Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Apnoea monitor Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Apnoea monitor Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Apnoea monitor Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Apnoea monitor Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words