Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Could really do with some input...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hopadom

hopadom

Edit MY profile

Could really do with some input... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Got a phone call from my eldest son's school this morning asking if I could go in to speak with a couple of his teachers but was not told why! I have met with them before as he had a few troubles in year 9...mainly with him being the class clown and constantly getting in trouble.

Anyway I'd been worrying myself silly wondering what he'd done and finally at 11.30 got to meet his teachers. Was told it was really bad news when I got there and I would need to sit down!! With my stomach in my mouth they told me...my 14 year old son has got his girlfriend pregnant!! Shocked pale Shocked

After all the talks we had about contraception, she is pregnant! I didn't even realise they were near that stage. I guess I should have really.

The school were fantastic and very supportive. They have to refer it now though to someone who for the life of me I can't remember, but basically it's child protection. As they are both under age.

I'm lost and confused at the moment. It's so much to take in. Apparently his GF wants to keep the baby, and Alex (my son) doesn't know quite what to do. I spoke to my OH when I got home and he thinks we need to steer them in the direction of a termination.

I fully understand why he says that and part of me agrees, but.....OMG.....OMFG!!!!!

I can't begin to explain the range of emotions I have gone through in the past few hours and really don't know what to think. All I do know is that I'll support them both whatever they decide.

Has anyone else got any experience with this situation? x
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:58 am

Oh my what a shock for you especially as u were never expecting it xx

Its a very hard one my sister fell pregnant at 15 was 16 when baby came but she went through with it and its not going well at the moment i wont say much as its quite personal to me but now she just wants the live of going drinking n being young etc

Ru able to talk to her parents? xx
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:58 am

wow !
i think you are handling this fantastically !
must have come as one massive shock
i hope all trns out for the best

is there a chance the girl is further on and maybe kept this a scared secret ?
do you know how her father is feeling at all ,,, girls daddies tend to be quite hot headed over this
x x x
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:14 am

I can only repeat what has been said above hun, just want to send some hugs

xx
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:17 am

I really don't know what to say. It must be such a shock but I'm sure things will work out one way or another xx
Back to top Go down
JOandCONNIE

JOandCONNIE

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:22 am

I'm sure you are so shocked.

Coming from someone who is from Northern Ireland - where abortions are not legal, I find it hard to comprehend your son's girlfriend having one (not being judgemental just not an option here).

Ultimately I suppose it's his GF's decision and you guys will just get swept along with it.

It must be so tough for you guys. Especially because they are SO young, it's so unlikely they are going to stay together.

Guess all you can do is be supportive hunnie, and keep telling your son that things are going to be ok regardless of what is decided.

Wish I had something more helpful to say Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Icon_cry xx
Back to top Go down
hopadom

hopadom

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:36 am

Just quickly wanted to say thank you so much for all your support ladies, it really means a lot to me as have no one to turn to except OH and we've been arguing this evening.

I will update you tomorrow as I'm rather emotional tonight. Guess my calmness wore off!!

Again, thank you x x x
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:56 am

Hey, just seen this and wanted to wish you luck whatever the outcome x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:04 am

What a shock! Hope you are ok, I would deffo try and speak to the girls family and try and figure out what they are thinking will happen. Good luck xx
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:04 am

Oh Jo, what a massive shock.

I don't really know what to say, all the advise the others have given is amazing. I hope you and oh are ok. as well as your son. he must be awfully confused also.

You have dealt with it amazingly even if you are emotional!

((((Big hugs ))))
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:13 am

Oh Hun, that's so shocking. I also a son in year 9 and can't even start to think about him in a sexual relationship!!!! My son is a child! I think you'll just have to be strong and support him in whatever they choose to do. I think if it was my son I would hope they'd choose a termination!

My best friend a school had her first baby at 14, it wasn't ideal but she did make a good mum and her son is lovely.

Hope you're ok!
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:38 am

oh my, what a huge shock, just want to wish you all the best and stay strong
my auntie had her 1st at 14, she has made a good mum, it didnt ruin her life just change it.but im sure others in similar situations would say they wish they waited(i know it wasnt planned but you get what i mean)i think once the initial shock has gone you need to all get together and talk...i wish you luck xx
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:09 pm

hi hun just wanted to check in with you this morning and se how you were feeling today xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:18 pm

wow im on early!! just for you Smile

thinking bout u and ur wee family and wanted to send u some love and hugs xx
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Crikey what a shock! I really can't offer you any more advice than the others have but just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and your family! And to send you more hugs and strength to get through this!

Xx
Back to top Go down
KatyandTheo

KatyandTheo

About Me!
My Name: Katy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:41 pm

wow, what a shock for you, I hope it all works out ok for you. Your son is so lucky to have such an understanding and supourtive mother
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:24 pm

oh Jo I've just seen this now. hope everything is ok, poor things (all of you!)

I can't imagine how you are all feeling it's such a shock isn't it.

I hope the girls family are as supportive as you seem to be and hope they don't push her into anything she might regret. I think as long as they both know that you support them whatever their decision then you'll be doing the best for them that you can.

x
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Hope your ok today hun x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Jo - I feel for you.

Your son needs you right now because he must be very scared.

Your son and his gf have got themselves into a very adult situation so I believe they should be treated and spoken to as adults (although I am sure they appear to be frightened little children right now). Ultimately they have to take responsibility for their own actions and decide their own futures, albeit with a lot of support from their parents.

I have a friend whose little boy has just turned 1 and she is 15. She is supported by her family and school and returned to school when Lucas was 4 months old and could go to the free creche at the local college. The child's father is long gone but she still has a relationship with his parents so they see their grandson.

Just be strong and accept all the emotions you feel right now and over the coming months.
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:10 am

Wow what a shock Shocked xx
Back to top Go down
meandmyboys

meandmyboys

About Me!
My Name: sam

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:41 am

Oh wow I don't really know what to say but I hope it all works out for you all

How are you feeling about it ? Question
Back to top Go down
hopadom

hopadom

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:30 am

Well...where do I start!

Firstly I'd just like to say a big thank you to you all for your support and advice. It means so much. Especially as I really need to turn to my mum right now for some support but she has a lot on her plate as my grandad is quite ill, and my Nanna is moving in with her and my Auntie alternately. But to be brutally honest I know she would be very, very disappointed and make me feel even worse than I do now! I just need a hug from her Crying or Very sad

It has been a very emotional couple of days.

Yesterday morning we got his dad round and told him, then all three of us basically told him the impact this will have on his life...for the rest of his life. He just sat and listened to it all like a closed shell, with his back to his dad and my oh. I should explain for those who don't already know, that since going to upper school he has turned in to 'Kevin the teenager' and has a massive attitude! Anyway, we spent the day together and he opened up considerably.

Basically his girlfriend wants to keep it but she wants what Alex wants. After what we told him yesterday he isn't sure anymore and thinks it maybe would be he wrong decision to keep it. I've spoken to her mum today and although she is against terminations she would support her daughter if she decided to have one and she said that she would rather she lived her life before being a mother. But at the moment his gf wants to keep the baby.

Her mum is trying to get one of the mechanical babies from school for her to experience what it might be like before making her decision, which I think is a good idea.

I'm off to speak to Alex soon to see how today went at school as were not telling our daughter at the moment so speak when she's not about.

My feelings on it now are still all over the place. My head says they should live their lives and be parents when they are adults and not still kids themselves. But my heart says that this is their child and my grandchild we're talking about!!!

x x x
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:36 am

awww hun what a bloody rollercoaster !! Glad things are being discussed honestly and openly. Sending you lots hugs xx
Back to top Go down
claireh77

claireh77

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:51 am

This must be so hard for you and i just wanted to say you seem to be handling it amazingly considering it's such an emotional subject when your not personally involved, so what it must be like being directly in the middle but not be able to just take control must be unbearable.
Keep staying so positive and strong. x
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:56 am

just seen this hun...it's great to see that everyone is being so level headed and reasonable

i hope the kids make the decision that is right for them....much love!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:57 am

the kids know ur there and are supporting them no matter what.

i hope everything is alright
been thinkin bout u x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Could really do with some input...   Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Could really do with some input...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Could really do with some input... - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words