Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Overheard at weighing clinic today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Overheard at weighing clinic today   Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Woman 1: I had him by c section but it isnt taking the easy way out

Woman 2: Give natural childbirth a go then try telling me a csection isnt the easy way out

I nearly chewed my own tongue off keeping quiet...
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Overheard at weighing clinic today   Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Just noticing on marios status, do people actually think you can walk into a hospital and say 'oh I'd like a section please' and they'll give you one with absolutely no medical reason?

I had to fight bloody hard to get them to agree to an elective for me and in all fairness I had just about the worst birth possible with Ollie, he was dead and I was at deaths door, my family were called in to say goodbye to me. The only reason they agreed in the end was because I couldnt go over due and I couldnt be induced because of the risk of placental abruption. I think people hear the word elective and just decide that you must have chosen to have one Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Overheard at weighing clinic today   Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 pm

When I had my first consultant appointment there were some people in the waiting room chatting about how they were going to ask for one. Made me laugh because our hospital is really strict and they certainly wouldn't give one for no reason. Also, even before having one I couldn't believe they saw it as an easy route
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Overheard at weighing clinic today   Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:21 am

my friend had to have an emergency section and her own mum and OH tease her saying she took the easy way out. She beats herself up about it and I feel so sorry for her. When i was in labour I did ask for a C section but once i'd had Tyler and was almost instantly pain free again (apart from the uncomfortable stitches) I thought f*ck that Im never going to consider having a c section again. I think people say it's the easy option because at that one particular time it may be easier than delivering naturally but once you take into consideration the after care and the pain and all the things you can't do for so many weeks then it's really not the easy option at all.
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Overheard at weighing clinic today   Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:27 am

OMG I'm sure woman 2 is my SIL Evil or Very Mad

I got to 6 cms with Harry after being induced, to be examined and told he was breached and I would have to have an emergancy C section, was poked in the back about 6 times by the anaesthetist (my back was black for weeks after this) and a shock sent down my leg Sad ouch. During the op I had to fight the urge to be sick, when they pulled Harry out he went straight to nurses and then to my mum who let me give him a little kiss, then he went to Rob. They had to rush them both out because I lost 2 litres of blood at that point. Then once I was allowed home after 3 days I had to inject myself with fragmin, or get Rob to do it as I was too chicken! Then back in hospital on the same day with suspected blood clot, back out day 7.... severe infection in my wound day 11, it actually burst and blood was rushing down my legs, couldn't walk for days the pain was that bad, and had to have nurses out to dress the wound every couple of days, for about 2 months!

Easy way out my fecking arse!! x
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Overheard at weighing clinic today   Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:11 am

thats just stupid!! how is a section the easy way out, its a major oporation and you dont even get the time to recover afterwards as you hve a newborn baby to care for...however you look at it, the baby has to come out and it aint gonna be 'easy' at all...silly cowbag!! x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Overheard at weighing clinic today   Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:16 am

gemz wrote:
thats just stupid!! how is a section the easy way out, its a major oporation and you dont even get the time to recover afterwards as you hve a newborn baby to care for...however you look at it, the baby has to come out and it aint gonna be 'easy' at all...silly cowbag!! x

I agree Gemz, which ever way your baby comes out its not easy and every birth is different so how can people generalise which option is easier!! One things for sure, its much easier getting it in there than it is getting it out Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Overheard at weighing clinic today   Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Overheard at weighing clinic today

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Overheard at weighing clinic today - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words