Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Would I be an awful mummy...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Would I be an awful mummy... _
PostSubject: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 am

if I didnt buy the baby anything for Christmas? Im due 13th Dec so there is a small chance the baby wont be here, or it could be 4 wks old at xmas.

Part of me says NO dont buy anything, it will need nothing as it will have new baby gifts, family will prob buy it teddies/clothes etc, we have things like entertainment table/baby toys from when Caitlin was little that are like new so why waste £££ filling the house up.

The other part of me thinks YES I should buy it even a teddy (though this house is bloody full of teddys as it is!), what if it asks what Santa got it for its 1st xmas (I have pics of Caitlin being spoit rotten on her 1st xmas at 5mths)? Is caitlin at 2.5 gonna be old enough to question why Santa didnt leave her baby bro/sis presents? Or is she more likely to appreciate being spoilt herself considering the baby will have had loads of presenst just days/weeks before anyway. Do you think you need to treat them fairly from day one and as Im spending £100-£150 on Caitlin I should do the same for baby?

Dont think im gona know the sex either so its hard to buy something unisex and have put away incase baby arrives xmas eve...
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:04 am

I probably wouldn't buy anything. Maybe just call the practical things I need christmas presents for him/her.. new muslin cloths, bibs etc. I guess you could buy a nice little outfit, one of those sleepsuit/vest/bib/hat set things..? Then he/she can have it as a christmas day outfit or if he/she isn't born it'll be a nice leaving hospital outfit.
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:06 am

I would maybe buy a little outfit (useful) or a little teddy bear just in case, but definitely not more than that even if the baby is here! Although Caitlins the same age as sam and i know he wouldnt notice if only he got presents, he certainly doesnt understand and wont then either. But just for you self i would just do that x
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:08 am

id just get a little outfit or something else he/she will need anyway, leo was due just befor xmas and i just got him a few lil bits like some reindeen booties and a my first xmas vest, although they went to waste as he was 12 days late lol x
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:20 am

We didn't get Jamie anything (he was 5 days old). Don't really intend to get him much this year either. We did get him a first christmas card to look at when his older so you could always do that. My niece asked why santa hadn't come for him and we just said he didn't come to little babies. She was quite happy with that
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:22 am

An outfit is hard to buy in advance if I dont know sex, though i suppose a reindeer outfit is quite neutral, and cute lol. Could also get a my 1st xmas teddy/tree decoration aswell...

Cant believe the guilt of fairness is starting already!
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:32 am

i'd buy something, and def a card to go in his/her book (oohh for some reason i nearly wrote his book, maybe i'm just use to boys) anyway

and something to wear, like a first christmas outfit, you can get some cute ones which are very neutral, santa outfit,

and a teddy from caitlin, then you have to think 1 present could be from baby to caitlin, i wouldnt buy anything special just label one you already got, and a card for her too. just to help with bonding and acceptance.

i think if you dont do anything, i think you will regret it
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:38 am

Thats a brill idea about the baby and Caitlin exchanging gifts. Hadnt thought of that Doh Thanks.

Im actually getting excited thinking about Caitlin getting a 'Sister' card. I cant wait for xmas things to be in the shops Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:59 am

what about matching t-shirts,

i'm the big sister (for C)

i have the worlds best big sister (for baby, wont matter when born before or after xmas or gender then)

we looked at them on google, but getting richs size was problematic, they were all too young in picture or too old
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:06 am

Thats a great idea! I think I saw them on ebay before. Only thing is I wonder would if SMIL would think of something like that? Guess I could pre warn them thats are plan. x
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:07 am

had a look for you

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+Big-Sister+t-shirts?cmp=knc--g--uk--lib--apparel--search-b--Big+Sister_shirts&pid=3607873&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=Life+Basics+apparel+-+UK&utm_content=search-b&utm_term=Big+Sister-shirts&gclid=CPvf--LmwKoCFRJc4QodMW7A5g

http://www.cafepress.com/zoeysattic/2669466

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/big+sister+tshirts

http://direct.asda.com/george/kid-s-clothing/best-big-sister-printed-t-shirt/GEM69411,default,pd.html
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:11 am

I didn't buy anything for Thomas - he was due 13th, born 14th December.

Well when I say I didn't buy him anything, I actually bought him a cot, a pram, a whole wardrobe of clothes, teddys, bouncer, moses basket, bedding, etc etc etc so I don't feel at all guilty that I didn't put xmas paper round any of that, I was far too wrapped up in my new baby to worry about if my 11 day old would feel left out when we opened presents Laughing

xx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:27 am

Aw thanx for looking them up clare. Cant believe the asda one is only £2!

Debs I know you are right. Suppose now though im feeling guility that baby will be getting hand me down pram, moses basket, cot, bedding, etc so Im not having to spend as much as with Caitlin. We have bought new steriliser and btls, will be getting new mattress, a few snowsuits, long sleeved vests etc. Im trying not to buy too much neutral clothes so I suppose if I go on time I may get a chance to nip to Tesco/Next and buy a few outfits to lay out xmas morning.

I really hope I have an 12 day old by xmas and not an 12 day overdue bump!!!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:58 pm

i'll be wrapping things for thsi baby, but only things that were Tylers and just so there's some nice pictures of babies first Christmas with presents for him. but they will just be rattles and toys that I already have for Tyler and just for the sake of baby having some presents too lol. I want Tyler to help open them and understand about sharing more than anything Smile
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:20 pm

umm i think it's fine actually, although for photo purposes (when baby is older and sees caitlins 1st christmas pics haha) maybe a rattle or something and wrap it up for a piccie?
Back to top Go down
Lisa & Alfie

Lisa & Alfie

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:15 am

Alfie was due the 17th December, how frustrating is it not knowing if they'll even be there not on christmas day?!

He was born on the 6th though so i did go out and buy him presents. I just bought him stuff that would last him all year seen as though he wouldn't have a birthday inbetween so would be a full year before there was another chance for presents. He did get alot, but i guess it would be the same as any baby would get whenever they were born as everyone buys toys etc for their new babies.

I'd just wrap some of Caitlins old toys up and get a few bits that you'd have bought anyway, like clothes etc if baby comes before christmas xx
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:36 am

the sensible thing would be to not buy the baby anything, or maybe just some clothes a first rattle etc...

however, dita was 10 days old and she got a sackful =o| only purely because i thought of it as this way, she will neither have a birthday or xmas again til she is practically 1 yr old therefore she wont have many toys when she is 6+ months until 1, so i bought her things 6months+ n saved them til she was ready to play with them, cos i know i wiuld buy her things along the line but i know i wasnt gna buy her anything substantial because that would mean i would have to buy something substantial for braden too for no reason so it would cost me twice as much!
x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:43 am

I dont think I got Lily anything for Xmas, I put money in her bank.

She did get presents from all of the family though, so it wasnt a big deal. Aimee was too young to notice.

x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:57 am

Buy it a bottle of vodka and a box Roses!

If, after its born and these presents seem unsuitable, then you can have them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Would I be an awful mummy...   Would I be an awful mummy... Empty

Back to top Go down

Would I be an awful mummy...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Would I be an awful mummy... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words