Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

has anyone had an awful pregnancy...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

has anyone had an awful pregnancy... _
PostSubject: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:53 am

and then had a good one? having followed mario's posts and now susan's too (aww) i am suddenly getting cold feet about ttc later in the year - i had an actual flashback yesterday where i had heartburn/sore tummy and thought ohhhh f*cking hell, i remember this!

so...is it possible to have a vile one and then a nice easy one? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:16 am

I think so, no 2 are the same, I really dont think anyone can say for sure that good follows good, or good follows bad etc

I have always said though that I will have the pregnancy from hell next time, as I didnt know for 4 months (so that cant have been at all bad can it hahah) and then apart from SPD and coccyx pain I was fine...I'll also have the labour and birth from hell, cos I had an easy time of it...and then to top it off I will give birth to The Devil Child that wont eat, wont sleep, bites my boobs, shits for england and oh yeh...weighs 10lbs at birth Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:17 am

hmmmm maybe you should be more afraid than me then by that token lisa Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:20 am

LOL thanfully I am never broody, cos that would be hard to be broody and worry!
I do want another, but no desperate need for one if that makes sense
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:41 am

Id like to give you a reassuring answer mari but i went from shit preg to shit preg and am so scared of ever getting preg again ive asked them to cut my tubes during the c section!

On the up side i had a terrible preg followed by a lovely easy kid, shes no angel dont get me wrong but i think i have a pretty easy going, easy to look after happy little girl so im hoping for more of same-karmic rewards and all that
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:07 am

I had a bad 1st pregnancy, always at the hospital having bp checked etc etc, got pre eclampsia and spent nearly 3 weeks in hospital. Got infection after my c section and still had high bp afterwards as well.With Lewis I had no problems at all, no high bp no complications after c section x
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:11 am

Is it possible to have a nice pregnancy??? scratch

I wouldn't say I had terrible pgs - but I still hated it. My hormones were completely hay wire and I became a different person, I got very massive very quick with both and had massive water retention, had terrible heart burn with both, complete exhaustion for the first 12 weeks, could hardly walk for hip pain and BH for the last 2-3 months of each and just generally felt cack apart from maybe 2-3 weeks around 13-16 weeks - pretty much a normal pg? No? Laughing

The only difference I had was no sickness with Hannah so I suppose my second pg was marginally better than my first Very Happy

xx

p.s. have another hun - I loved having one but I adore having two has anyone had an awful pregnancy... 270211 even though they do fight like cat and dog now Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:23 am

Quote :
p.s. have another hun - I loved having one but I adore having two has anyone had an awful pregnancy... 270211
fancy being my surrogate Wink oh wait...i think pixel already has that job!

i just had such a vivid flashback of feeling so awful for 4 months that i couldn't move....then ok for a few weeks then heartburn/nausea/high bp/swelling/hip and back pain arrrrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i wonder if it's harder the second time knowing what you are in for? or easier because you know what to expect......or harder because you have another little squishy to take care of.....or easier because you have some idea of what you are doing.......or just *different* Laughing

i suppose my labour and recover were the best they could be, 2.5 hour labour (induced), home within 24hours, no stitches or infections...and a lovely little baby who after 9 months has nearly got the hang of sleeping (but only wants to play play giggle and play) so i have definitely been blessed in some respects Very Happy

maybe it is all karmic......hm mario i can't imagine taking that decision, so i obviously can't hate pregnancy that much! Laughing and amanda how did you decide to brave it again after the first time??? Shocked
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:37 am

I think my 2nd was just 'different' tbh. Yes it was hard work when all you wanted to do was sleep and you had to be up at the crack of dawn with a crawler/toddler/runner/climber/stunt kid Rolling Eyes but I remember being completely stressed out in my 1st pg by the unknown element which you don't have as much in your 2nd.

Everybody said to me that near the end I would get a dread type feeling when I remembered what labour was like but I was the opposite. I just wanted the pg done - I couldn't care less about labour - yes it blummin hurts and is the hardest days work you'll do in your life (we all know that)but it marks the end of a 9 month long crap fest so bring it on! Laughing

I felt much more relaxed about everything 2nd time round and more prepared so tbh it was a much more pleasant experiance mentally. I have also been 100% more chilled and relaxed with Hannah than I was with Thomas too and I don't know if it's just a coincidence but I have been rewarded with one of the easiest, happiest, most laid back babies I know. Compared to her brother at the same age she is a dream child.

And no I don't fancy being a surrogate - there is a reason Paul is going to book his vasectomy on Wednesday hun Wink

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:39 am

Quote :
9 month long crap fest
hahaha Smile perhaps we should write a 'bandas real ladies guide to pregnancy' Very Happy

ohhh the vasectomy! dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn how exciting (is that the right word? haha)
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:55 am

my pregnancy with Ollie was awful! I had hyperemisis and was basically sick around 20 times a day all the way through, even while on sickness meds. I swore I'd never get pg ever again Laughing

I'm only 20 weeks right now so I don't know whats going to happen but even with the worries I've got this time the actual pregnancy is a million times better
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 6:20 am

Aw sorry if I'm putting you off hun!

I had an absolutely great pregnancy with Libby - from 34 weeks I did have very high blood pressure which meant I ended up in hossie BUT I felt fantastic and still relished every minute of it.

I think this time I'm so much bigger, he is such a violent wriggly bum and I've been ridiculously uncomfortable for weeks now.

Sooo, you never know you might get lucky and have a dream of a pregnancy next time Very Happy xxx
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 6:42 am

Tbh Mari I wanted 2 and didn't have the time to wait due to my age, I got pregnant the first month we tried after H. I didn't have any morning sickness with either. I did get acid reflux with Lewis which I didn't with Harrison but 2nd pregnancy deff better. X
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:21 am

I had a text book pregnancy with no problems according to my notes, I felt mildly nauseous up to 13 weeks then a bit achy towards the end but not a lot else physically.

However...

Mentally it was the worst experience of my life. From about 28 weeks Wil took over my mind and I couldn't think clearly and I hated it.

I then had the opposite birth to what I planned because Wil fancied making a big entrance with lights and instruments rather than water and calm as I wanted.

I then had the OH from hell for 13 weeks once Wil arrived

Fortunately Wil is amazing, sleeps well, eats well and has the ability to stop a room when he walks in.

Needless to stay mum of one suits me just fine thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:34 am

tbh i had two awful pregnancies, to the point i couldnt keep water down
but my mum had two really bad ones where she was in hospital everyday on a drip as she couldnt keep anything down, then with her third she didnt have any symptoms whatsoever x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:09 am

oooh maybe i have to have 2 grim ones and then i can have a lovely easy one then Laughing Very Happy i suppose mine wasn't the worst, i didn't puke loads i just felt sooooooooo poorly for soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long Laughing it was relentless!
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:22 am

i had a pretty awful pregnancy with alfie. i had no morning sicknes thank god but i did have spd from about 16 weeks. i ended up on the sick from work at 24 weeks and was on crutches and practically bed bound by the end of it. i could hardly walk which turned me into a practical recluse.

worst thing is theyve told me that itll happen against next time - and prob affect me sooner this time.kinda puts me off having another one but i cant wait! x
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:37 am

I'm willing to suffer the SPD for you so I can get another 10 months off work!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:35 pm

i think we have a plan Very Happy mwahahaha
Back to top Go down
pecan

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:57 pm

my first 3 pregnancys were great then with my son i had the worst pregnancy ever i willed the due date to come quickly every waking hour then when i fell with Ava i was worried it would be much the same but nope it was a walk in the park i enjoyed every moment
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:01 am

My pregnancies were fine on the whole, the only problem I had was a little spd with Charlie, both births were easy peasy as well! I think I carry boys well, I reckon if I have a girl I'll be by the toilet all day and sitter big time!

I can wait to have another baby! I'd love 10 if I could lol x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:28 am

hmmmm i wonder if it is a boy/girl thing - my friend was really sick all the way through with her son but only sick once or twice with her daughter..hm!
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:34 am

Hmmm not sure about the boy girl thing, in theory both pregnancies have gone brilliantly and exactly the same I just think this time I've got Libby and want to do stuff with her but cant and it is so blinking frustrating! In fact my blood pressure had soared by this time with Libby but at my last mw appointment was really low at 104/60.

Please dont let it put you off though, I cannot wait to see my two 'babies' together and I know it will all be worth it in the end. xx
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:51 am

so far with this one paiges one is good lol. but only saying that as i had morning sickness with this one and in alot of pain so far with this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: has anyone had an awful pregnancy...   has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Empty

Back to top Go down

has anyone had an awful pregnancy...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
has anyone had an awful pregnancy... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words