Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

and the worrying and questioning begins!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

and the worrying and questioning begins!  _
PostSubject: and the worrying and questioning begins!    and the worrying and questioning begins!  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Joshua breastfed at 3.30am/4am ish both sides, but hasn't wanted anymore since. Should I be worried? I've offered both boobs but he won't latch on and doesn't seem interested, just wants to sleep. Should I let him sleep or keep trying?
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: and the worrying and questioning begins!    and the worrying and questioning begins!  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 8:27 pm

I actually have Caitlins feeding chart for 1st 48hrs when we were in hospital Embarassed

Ok she was born at 14.49pm...

1st feed 16.00 = 1hr
2nd feed 2330 = 30min
3rd feed 0745am = 30min
4th feed 1245pm = 25 min
5th feed 420pm = 15min
6th feed 630pm = refused to latch
7th feed 930pm = 45 min

So in the 1st 24 hrs she didnt feed much. The MWs told me off a bit for letting her go from 1130pm to 745am the 1st night... but she didnt wake up and I was exhausted. Anyway she sure as heck made up for it the next night...

215 am = 40min
315am=5-10min
420am = 1hr
545am=25min
635am= 15min
730am=15min
8am = 10 min

I eneded up in tears to MWs begging for a btl but they told me it was Caitlin stimulating my milk or something.

Id offer him every 2-3 hrs but if he doing wet nappies I wouldnt worry too much. As long as he feeds a cpl of times today I think its ok, your milk is prob not in yet so its only the cpl teaspoons of colostrum that he can get. If he completly refuses to latch/feed by afternoon then maybe ring MW.

Big congrats again! x
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: and the worrying and questioning begins!    and the worrying and questioning begins!  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Sounds fine hun, the first day they use their reserves from being inside. I can pretty much guarantee that this time tomorrow you'll be wishing for a break as he'll be latched ALOT to bring your milk in.

Huge congratulations again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: and the worrying and questioning begins!    and the worrying and questioning begins!  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 8:59 pm

I would just keep offering the breast as often as possible. Like snoopy said it's just the colostrum at the moment and its supprising how little they live off for those 1st few days but its really high in energy etc but the more you offer the breast the quicker he'll stimulate the milk to produce. If he's sleeping too much and your worried, strip him down to feed. Jaundice can cause baby to sleep a lot so my tip is when feeding, sit next to a window for the day light or take him out for a wee walk.

Just keep offering the breast.
I remember my 1st night with Oliver and I just kept putting him on but he never took much (was only there for 10mins at a time) but seemed really unsettled. I kept thinking I was doing it wrong, but we persisted and 3 days later my milk came in full force!

It's quite common for breastfed babies to lose their birth weight due to just taking the colostrum but it's perfectly normal Wink he'll put it all back on in no time.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: and the worrying and questioning begins!    and the worrying and questioning begins!  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:05 pm

heya, congratulations again Very Happy just a quickie to say i was told to wake elijah every 2 hours and keep him awake to feed at first Smile
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: and the worrying and questioning begins!    and the worrying and questioning begins!  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Jamie went more than five hours without feeding the first night (and slept that whole time). I asked the midwife if I should wake him up and she said no and that he'll take what he wants. He hardly fed at all the first day but then the second 24 hours (and pretty much the next four or five months) was almost premanently attached. I would guess that he needs to recover from birth and then he'll feed
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: and the worrying and questioning begins!    and the worrying and questioning begins!  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:17 pm

Oh and Caitlin was 8lb 1oz when born and 3 days later was 7lb 3oz so she dropped a bit more than they liked but within 1-2 weeks she was back on track. So dont be worrying if he loses weight, your milk is still working! Smile
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: and the worrying and questioning begins!    and the worrying and questioning begins!  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Thanks ladies! knew i could count on you. It's crazy how much I'm already worrying and convincing myself I've forgotten everything, altho I know Immi barely fed the first day or two. She was a more little and often rather than long and not often.

Anyways Matt cuddled him and attempted to wake him a bit whilst I typed this post and then I kept offering the breast after and soon enough he latched on. Fed for about 10-15mins on each side so i'm pleased with that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: and the worrying and questioning begins!    and the worrying and questioning begins!  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:56 pm

Izzy wasn't overly interested in getting fed either..and she is still here and didnt starve! The first night I slept from about 10pm til 8am and she didnt wake for milk, the MWs never woke me in the night but the scary Matron MW told me off in the morning...but hey if they wanna sleep!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: and the worrying and questioning begins!    and the worrying and questioning begins!  Empty

Back to top Go down

and the worrying and questioning begins!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
and the worrying and questioning begins!  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words