Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Booking Family Holidays

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Booking Family Holidays _
PostSubject: Booking Family Holidays   Booking Family Holidays EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:41 am

Oh my life... its like a minefield out there!! Shocked

We are hoping that Aimee will be taken off her meds next week (fingers crossed) and we have decided that its about time we had a family holiday abroad - so next year we should be able to get her insured and we can all go to Spain/Portugal (somewhere close).

My mum and step dad are coming with us as two toddlers and a baby may be a bit too much for just the two of us to handle, lol!

Its so confusing though!

All inclusive v self catering
Villas v Hotels
Car Hire (with 3 car seats Rolling Eyes) v Airport Transfers

I think my head is going to explode!

If anybody has any good tips from going this year I would be glad to hear them xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Booking Family Holidays   Booking Family Holidays EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:07 am

sounds like a nightmare!!! i would probably just stay within the uk and head down to cornwall or somewhere rather than trying to sort out passports etc for 3 babies!!!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Booking Family Holidays   Booking Family Holidays EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:33 am

We did that this year and the weather was so naff and it rained on and off the whole time. Crying or Very sad x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Booking Family Holidays   Booking Family Holidays EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:47 am

I would say as a first family holiday and with 3 kids Id go for all inclusive resort that has enough to entertain you all and you don't really need to leave the resort or complex...

that way you don't need to worry about extra costs and car hire etc.

Although over here most places do 7 seater cars for hire I see loads of Zafira hire car's around so it wouldn't be difficult to get one.
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Booking Family Holidays   Booking Family Holidays EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:53 am

Laura with a big family myself i know how you feel. I wouldnt go all inclusive as they are all so young so wouldnt get the benefit yet. They just dont do hotel rooms big enough for more than 2 kids unless of of the kids goes in with grandparents. so you would probs have to go in an apartment self catering or FB/HB in an apart/hotel.

If i could afford it a villa would be perfect for a large family and you can rent out 7 seaters also so your not stuck there.

It is a bit of a nightmare trying to book when you have a few kids but it is possible xx
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Booking Family Holidays   Booking Family Holidays EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:29 am

we were in apartments and we bought in weetabix, bread, cheese + chocolate spread. straight away our breakfasts were sorted. we did eat out for breakfast twice though.

bought a huge bottle of water for 1.50 euros and topped up bottles for hannah to carry with her as drinks were a fortune. we found drinks were half of our bill when we ate out.

try and get a place near the airport then transfers wont be so long. we were only 30 mins away so the bus was no bother.

x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Booking Family Holidays   Booking Family Holidays EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:00 am

Remember that under 2s are free so that keeps the price down as Lilly and baby will be free (even in all inclusive).

I found all inclusive great for Ellie this year as we could feed her when ever she was hungry rather than at set meal times. Also there's always fresh milk available. We went to a first choice holiday village in turkey this year and the rooms were great. There was a main bedroom and then sliding doors and a living area with a bed and allies cot (there was space for another cot). It was very child friendly and you hire sterilisers, baby baths etc.

We also went to Cyprus bed and breakfast which was great but expensive as we ate out all the time and if Ellie was having a nap at lunch time we had to wake her.

We've self catering loads if times as we have an apartment in Cyprus but I found this bloody hard work so we've rented it out for a couple of years as I can't face it (I'm a lazy cow though).

But I'm sure you'll cope with whatever you choose and it really is ok and I've never found it stressful. xx
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Booking Family Holidays   Booking Family Holidays EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:08 am

it depends on how much your wanting to spend and how much you will be getting out and about tbh

i usually prefer to go sc becasue it means i am not tied to meal times, but last year when ollie was only just 1 we wnt all inc as we wouldnt have been going out as much, it was great, drinks and ice cream for the kids on demand and no cooking or cleaning

we have gone hb this year so its kinda best of both as were not stuck at the hotle all day but have brekki and dinner done for us although the drinks do add up, also id have had to pay a lot more to go all inc cos ollie is included this year but whilst there young and free its probibly worth the all inc

dunno about car hire, depends if you want to go explore lol...i wouldnt dare drive abroad so stick to shuttles lol x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Booking Family Holidays   Booking Family Holidays Empty

Back to top Go down

Booking Family Holidays

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Booking Family Holidays Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words