Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Girls vs Boys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 6:17 am

Do you think one sex is easier to look after/raise than the other?

Matt and I seemed to take to parenting fairly quickly and although I won't say it was easy and we're wonderful parents or anything like that, we've never had any real serious problems raising Imogen and I think we're doing a good job so far. BIL&SIL had a boy 6wks after we had Immi and have always said we took to parenting and found it simple because we had a girl. Now we've just had Josh, and they are expecting a girl in Jan and they've made a few comments about how they'll have the easy baby now and we'll see how hard boys are.

I really don't think it matters whether you have a boy or girl though. I think every baby is different and each come with their own struggles. I also think the way you are and subsquently how you parent has a lot to do with how you find parenting too. Matt and I have always been quite laid back when it comes to Imogen. We've never overly fussed about her and she's always been quite a laid back baby/toddler.

So what do you think, does sex matter?
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 6:21 am

i think a lot of what you say is right, i dont particularly think gender can have much to do with behaviour at this kind of age! elijah was quite hard work when he was tiny as he didnt sleep, had sore tummies etc etc but he is a very confident adventurous and outgoing toddler now (we are trying to teach him hugs, he can almost do this face Rolling Eyes) who has rarely been poorly. i think each child is an individual and while they are bound to pick up on our behaviour and traits they will always have their own ways and its nice to nurture that Smile
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 6:31 am

I see my bro and sil with their girls and love the fact I have boys lol although having a girl would be nice.

But I think that's down to their personalities, they both independent highly intelligent girlies and can be difficult, but wouldn't say it was a gender thing.

Rich is rich and was difficult due to other issues not because he's a boy and Lucas, well he's mr content, loves hugs and always smiling, but I think that's because of us and how we are with him

I truly think some ages can be difficult or phrases rather not gender.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:10 am

I think both Libby and Dexter so far have been almost identical in personalities upto now (as in the first 5 months of their lives), both clingy, both wont be put down but both very smiley/chatty and happy.

It's been fairly difficult with both though in that Libby had to wear a harness due to her hip when she was a baby and Dexter has this evil reflux that causes him so much pain and discomfort. Libby was and Dexter is very stubborn and will not take anything other than boobie, which put/puts alot of pressure on me.

Now though Libby is very outgoing, funny, clever, loving, gentle, is very well behaved when in public (thankfully!!), can talk for England and we are always getting compliments on how lovely she is, I dont think it's because she a girl - its just the way she is.

I dont think it's down to sex what gives a child/baby the personality at all, they are what they are.
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:23 am

I don't think it's down to gender either but my Mum tells me I was a nightmare when I was a baby and my brother was an angel...so who knows!!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:35 am

I don't think it has much to do with the sex, I think it's down to the individual kids. My mum always says that it's down to parenting and the vibes that patents give off, hence why my sisters babies/toddlers/teens were so much more well behaved than mine.

I think that gender does make a difference as they get older as males and females are very different and this becomes apparent as they get older. As mum of 3 there's no way I could say which is easier as there's are different sets of issues/problems/benefits of both.

As far as good behaviour goes my eldest daughter was an adorable little girl who was never naughty! BUT Paul and Ellie are little monkeys who wouldn't know good behaviour if jumped out and hit them on the nose. But these are the things that make my kids who they are and never change anything about them!!!! (actually that last bit is a big fat lie, there's loads I'd change)haha
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:52 am

my cousine had a girl who was a little brat to be perfectley honest, she used to say to me 'boys are horrible' even though leo was as good as gold...now she has a boy who is a lot better behaved than her first lol

ok that bit was kind of pointless but tbh when theyre little im not sure, you always hear things like boys are more loving ect, but i just think every childs different tbh, both mine are completley different, leo was so chilled and laid back, but also more clingy, where as oliver is and independent little soul with a bad attitude and a wind up merchent lol

i think you will notice the difference more when they hit their teens x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:57 am

Caitlin was difficult as a tiny baby, but that was the milk allergy not because she was a girl. She has never been a fantastic sleeper, though I suppose iv been lucky as from about 4 months she has been sleeping to 830-930am, but then bedtimes can be 9pm (she sitting beside me now watching peppa as we were out at Tesco) and until 18 months woke numerous times in the night.

I always thought that boys were meant to be easier as babys, just from friends experiences. They always said girls were smarter/knew what they wanted and played on you to get it... whereas baby boys were more laid back, docile little things. But that changes when they small children as boys become more boisterous.

I think thats prob a load of crap but. I really do believe children are born with their own wee personalities, and while we can mould them to an extent through being stressful or laid back parents, there is only so much we can do. I dont think all parents of badly behaved children are poor parents, nor do I think all kids that go to bed on time, eat well etc have fantastic parents either.

Basically its a mix of luck, genes and to an tiny extent parenting/perseverance - in the early years anyway!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:11 am

Well Amelias a nightmare so I dontbeieve boys are easier than girls. My mother always says shed have baby girls then teenage boys if she could choose gender lol
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:17 am

I have to say that Jamie can be difficult - his stubborn, knows exactly what he wants and will work to get it, doesn't sleep and when I was exclusively bf would feed every two hours - but actually on the whole is quite easy. His a very happy content little boy. Obviously I don't have a girl to compare him to but I wouldn't really say his been any harder work than you'd expect a baby to be
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:18 am

I wouldnt say that ones better than the other.

hannah was a difficult baby because she had bad colic and never slept - would that have anything to do with her being a girl?

I like to think that my second baby might be more chilled regardless of sex just simply because id be more relaxed? like you said your laid back so maybe thats why it was easy for you. obv if my second baby had problems like colic again then I wouldnt be expecting that but maybe id know how to deal with it better than I did before.
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:34 pm

I've always been told boys are a pain bit more loving lol. well of Trent thinks moaning and being a brat is loving then i give up lol.

Paige was a lovely baby. good as gold.. had her.moments yes bit was lovely.

I don't think it really matters on what u have to how thou behave. some of it is upbringing and the other bit is just how they are. x
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:45 pm

From working at a nursery I'd say that I found boys to be easier in some ways and girls easier in others. I found generally the boys were more content and found it easier to play and amuse themselves without causing drama. The girls were generally whingier. However come potty training time the girls were SO much easier then the boys and easier to engage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Girls vs Boys _
PostSubject: Re: Girls vs Boys   Girls vs Boys Empty

Back to top Go down

Girls vs Boys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Debates & Polls-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Girls vs Boys Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Girls vs Boys Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Girls vs Boys Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Girls vs Boys Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Girls vs Boys Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Girls vs Boys Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Girls vs Boys Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Girls vs Boys Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Girls vs Boys Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Girls vs Boys Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Girls vs Boys Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Girls vs Boys Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Girls vs Boys Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Girls vs Boys Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Girls vs Boys Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words