Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

i know i've posted this before

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

i know i've posted this before _
PostSubject: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:37 am

but where do you buy your baby's shoes from? i can't find the old post :/

can't find any i like really on next and clarks have just put their prices up again, at the rate of needing a new pair of shoes every 4-6 weeks just now we could do with finding somewhere cheaper, but i still want good quality non-synthetic shoes!

am i asking too much, should i just fork out at clarks again?
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:17 am

What about mothercare?
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:14 am

why do i keep forgetting about mothercare???!! going to have a look now thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:16 am

Try here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cheeky-Little-Rascals/Boys-Squeaky-Shoes-/_i.html?_fsub=2712733015&_sid=993613375&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I got Izzy some white leather sandals and they are lovely!!! Very soft and comfy and half the price of clarkes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:49 am

amazing! thanks lisa
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:18 am

I was going to say squeaky shoes too, I've now decided not to fork out on clarks anymore!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:21 am

I take the squeaks out tho lol
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:24 am

hahaha i was just looking at them and hoping you could un-squeak them!! they are lovely Very Happy

if either of you have bought them, what are they like for width? elijah has f's with-wise from clarks so i guess that's about average?
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:43 am

I get Imogen's from Tesco. They do really lovely shoes (I can only say that for girls tho!) and they fit her really well and for £8 they're really good value.
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:00 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
hahaha i was just looking at them and hoping you could un-squeak them!! they are lovely Very Happy

if either of you have bought them, what are they like for width? elijah has f's with-wise from clarks so i guess that's about average?

They are generous, Izzy is an F and they are perfect, I got her a 5 a while back, they didn't fit her at first so I think they are maybe a tad bigger than Clarkes and she still fits in them and she is a 6 now, maybe even a 6.5

I am about to order some more, its a shame though, the boys shoes range is better than the girls shoe range, and its too cold for sandals now!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:01 am

Other shops on ebay do those same ones, maybe more colours etc, just search squeaky shoes
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:03 am

Lisa wrote:
mariheartselijah wrote:

They are generous, Izzy is an F and they are perfect, I got her a 5 a while back, they didn't fit her at first so I think they are maybe a tad bigger than Clarkes and she still fits in them and she is a 6 now, maybe even a 6.5

I am about to order some more, and will get a 6 (cos the 5s are still fitting), its a shame though, the boys shoes range is better than the girls shoe range, and its too cold for sandals now!
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:12 am

Are they trying to sell you a full size bigger or only half a size bigger than the previous pair? I've heard Clarks are very keen to tell you that you need a new pair and sometimes only move you up half a size at a time.

Sounds like you are getting through them very quickly - we had Clarks 3.5 and 4.5 (cruisers) then Startrite 5 and 6 and just (at nearly 2 1/2) got 7s - so we've only bought 5 pairs of "proper" shoes. I don't think his feet are particularly small for his age.

I wasn't impressed by Clarks quality so I pay slightly more for Startrite from an independent shop - £34 the other day. (The sizes are slightly different, hence the jump of only half a size from 4.5 to 5.)
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:14 am

I don't bother if they say half size now, its stupid, the shoes are supposed to fit for a whole size of growth...but yeh they got me at first and I bought sizes in between!
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:14 am

Do you have a Clarks outlet near you? I got andrew's last pair for £22! Andrew has really wide feet so heonly fits in Clarks, vans or wider next shoes.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:38 am

not really ros - they are snidey and we have no outlets up here (cry haha), but i think they are generally about right with the sizes, we only go in if we feel like he is getting tight..

we started at 3.5, then 4, then got sandals as it was hot and they were 4.5 (slightly different fitting as the 4s still fit fine), then he went into 5 and those shoes got absolutely soaked in the floods - i left them in the bottom of the pram d'oh so had to buy yet another pair (slightly cheaper sandals again) so he could go out! now his 5's are getting quite tight, so i would probably go for a 6.....but what is that, 5 pairs of shoes in 8 months, i suppose not awful but clarks are so cheeky sticking a fiver on all of their prices in the past month, wtf?

such a shame cos some of his shoes have been lovely Laughing and hes only been walking 8 months, i hope he slows down a bit now as he's just outgrown some wellies too.....i want to get him some warm boots for winter but at this rate i will need four pairs in different sizes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:33 am

How do you know they've put them up £5 ... the last ones I bought for Izzy from there are still the same price at £28, that was way over a month ago ..and they don't look like they are more for others scratch
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 am

welllllllllll cos when we bought the first couple of pairs they were 26-28, and now everything seems to be 30-36, for very similar styles?! also having realised that we may be buying more frequently than expected it does seem more of a waste scratch
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:04 am

Ohh, maybe they've only added it to certain ones then...naughty if they have £5 is a big jump!

Well you can get 2 pairs of Squeakers for less than one Clarkes pair!

Also for playing Izzy has trainers, doesn't matter if they get wet or scratched...I get them from Sports Soccer (or whatever its called!) usually £10-15 for a pair of adidas, rebok, or character ones, and they are fine, just have to try lots on as the sizing is often way out to Clarkes sizes!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:07 am

i am still managing to cling onto making elijah only wear wellies or 'proper' shoes for now but im sure i will give in and put him in trainers eventually Laughing

yeah i hadn't realised about the prices til today and it was the last straw!!
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:44 pm

I don't think they've stuck a fiver on all the prices but I think that as you get bigger sizes there is more choice and a lot more of those are at slightly more than £28. "Beetlefun" look ok though and they are £28? (If you go online you can search by size.)

For wellies try charity & 2nd hand shops (or netmums). I get as many as possible at NCT sales, although the next size up I found in Matalan for £2.50 in the sale, but there were a lot of mismatched pairs in there so check the sizes on both soles.

Ros
Back to top Go down
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Like Michelle I go for Tesco or Asda shoes as they are really good value and really pretty x lol. TK Maxx have nice ones but it is like a jumble sale in there Laughing
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi Hun, i have just brought noah some winter boots for the winter from h&m, i have a pair of nike trainers which are cheap enough and one pair of clarks shoes that were on sale.
I do like next shoes but the size 4 are really big and there 3s are soft sole so not really good.

Char
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: i know i've posted this before   i know i've posted this before Empty

Back to top Go down

i know i've posted this before

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
i know i've posted this before Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
i know i've posted this before Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
i know i've posted this before Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
i know i've posted this before Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
i know i've posted this before Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
i know i've posted this before Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
i know i've posted this before Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
i know i've posted this before Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
i know i've posted this before Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
i know i've posted this before Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
i know i've posted this before Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
i know i've posted this before Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
i know i've posted this before Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
i know i've posted this before Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
i know i've posted this before Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words