Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Boiler help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jessicar1990

jessicar1990

About Me!
My Name: Jessica
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Boiler help _
PostSubject: Boiler help   Boiler help EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:31 am

Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone, or anyones hubbies know anything about boilers, and boiler fitting?

There were problems with the radiators last year, they were getting hot at the top but not at the bottom, Now everyone is saying bleed them, but thats only if they are hot at the bottom and not at the top! It seems that the problem is that they are sludged up (or so says google, and thats what my cousin, a plumber said last year).

I told the landlord this last year, and the boiler (a combi boiler) was pretty old and started getting really high pressure, so my cousin came to look at it and said the automated release valve was buggered and a new boiler was needed as it was really dangerous as could potentially explode.

Anyway, my cousin gave her a quote ( which i dont know) and she got someone else to do it, now the bloke she got to do it works for british gas, but i don't think he installed the boiler as a british gas worker, i think maybe he bought the boiler, and as hes a friend of hers, he fitted it for cheap.

This year, Iv turneed the heating on and the radiators are still doing the same, and now the new boiler ( which is probably nearly a yr old) keeps making odd noises. So I Told her about it, and about the radiators, and shes gonna come round friday to have a look.

Since talking to her i have googled the problem, and everywhere has said that the system needs a powerflush, to get all the sludge out, but that EVERY boiler manufacturer recommends a flush before installing the new boiler, otherwise the sludge will go through the new boiler and wreck it basically.

Now I also found a forum which said that any decent plumber will quote a price for a new boiler and fitting and the price will include a powerflush. So i'm guessing that her friend did it for cheap and didnt have the right equipent and kept the price down by not doing it.

I have read that by not doing the flush, he may have voided the boiler warranty.

What I wondered, Is have I got the above correct? And Does it need a powerflush? Should he have done it? And if it gets done now ( nearly a year later) will the boiler already be fooked???

To be honest, i don't really care, as its completely her own fault, but if she keeps having all these expenses, i can see my rent going up, and i cant afford it!!!
Back to top Go down
tattyT

tattyT

About Me!
My Name: tattyT
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Boiler help _
PostSubject: Re: Boiler help   Boiler help EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:46 am

we have the same problem with our rads yep they deffo need a flush through with some kind of chemicals but our plumber wouldnt do it as our pipes r so old and it would have corroded the pipes making it worse so our land lady said just water flush them and yes they should b chemically flushed b4 the new boiler was put in (thats what we r trying 4 b4 the weather really turns with the replacement of them pipe work) as for invalidating your boiler as it wasnt done b4 it was fitted im not 2 sure. Ur rent shouldnt go up as a result of her stupidity and trying to cut corners and do things on the cheap (as our is doin)

Hope u get it all sorted out hun XX
Back to top Go down
jessicar1990

jessicar1990

About Me!
My Name: Jessica
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Boiler help _
PostSubject: Re: Boiler help   Boiler help EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:59 am

I downloaded the Vaillant installation manual offline, for the new boiler, and it is highly recommended that a flush is done prior to fitting a new boiler, and that has to be in accordance to some regulation, which basically means it needs to be a powerflush. ( Maybe look into it, as it might not be in accordance to the regulation if your landlord is trying to cut corners??) We rent privately, and in our contract there is a clause that says she can increase rent 6 monthly if she need to, but only by government published rpi or something, and if i cant afford it i can terminate the contract... obviously i dont wanna terminate, but dunno if i could afford the extra rent!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Boiler help _
PostSubject: Re: Boiler help   Boiler help Empty

Back to top Go down

Boiler help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Boiler help Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Boiler help Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Boiler help Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Boiler help Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Boiler help Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Boiler help Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Boiler help Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Boiler help Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Boiler help Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Boiler help Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Boiler help Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Boiler help Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Boiler help Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Boiler help Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Boiler help Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words