Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

If money were no object...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

If money were no object... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

what would you ladies wish for or want for Christmas? Or for your loved ones? Always wanted a partridge in a pear tree..I guess if I was rich..I could have several! Laughing I know Christmas time can put a huge dent in the finances, and from reading a lot of your threads..am very proud that you all manage to provide such a lovely Christmas for your families..and on budget. Hard to do. So if you could do or have anything ..what would it be? xxx
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:49 pm

So you would buy yourself a house?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:54 pm

Oh I would def wish for Kayleigh and Kenty's wishes to come true!!

But if I won the lottery: Both give up our jobs and maybe start a new venture (not sure what though!) we would pay the mortgage off on this bungalow and keep it in trust for SD, buy a nice big house for us somewhere different, pay the parents mortgages off and buy a new car each. We'd try and save a bit for the childrens future.

Basically have a completely different life! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:27 am

I thought this was a christmas present thread not a what would you do if you won the lottery thread Sure if I wont the lotto Id leave nursing and set up my own business and a house but this is asking what presents you would buy people for crimbo. Houses are a bit of a dificult fecker to gift wrap, wouldnt be my idea of an xmas present just something every day id do with money if it were no object leaving xmas for stuff you actually 'present' to people.

So I stand by the fact Im content with my lot. The fact I have the day off work and get to spend it with my husband, kids and parents is all Id have this year, seeing D/O on the rota next to my name for xmas day is the best present i could have asked for and im like a kid in a sweetshop with excitement which is why i answered how I did.
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:55 am

Money is the root of all evil, it wouldn't make me or my family any happier than we are now, it would make things easier but would also end up causing rifts and making people uncomfortable if I were to splash cash on friends and family and they couldn't afford to return it. I don't need much more than I already have, I'm just not a particularly materialistic person Rolling Eyes

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:33 am

Quote :
So you would buy yourself a house?!
for christmas???? no i wouldn't, i don't think baby jesus would approve and like mario says, they are impossible to wrap. it also wouldnt fit under my twig.
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:27 am

I don't really see why there is a difference, someone gives you £10m to spend for xmas or someone gives you £10m any other time of the year .. why would it being xmas make any difference to what you used it for?

The only reason I say this is cos I know of a family who said exactly this...well she did ... money would never change them, they were happy and didn't really need much more .. hmmmm how wrong were they when they did actually have the money to be able to even think about what they could use it for! Im not saying it made them bad people or anything like that in the slightest but they certainly had no problems spending!

Just think its funny how people moan about not having enough to money to buy/afford this that and whatnot but then when asked if you were given money what would you get - they say nothing! Then why moan?
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:48 am

Oy vey! LOL! Didn't want this to become a money debate! I think money isn't the root of all evil, but enhances who you already are. If you are a loving..compassionate and generous person..money just extends that aspect..same goes for those ppl who are selfish..greedy and generally arseholes..just expands that aspect of their personalities. Am extremely proud of the answers, how your hearts are so open, and generous..thinking of others first, and putting your needs/wants last. Kenty and Kayleigh..absolutely beautiful wishes, put things in perspective. And the other ladies who put their loved ones first..or are thrilled with what they already have or have given, makes the meaning of Christmas clearer. I have seen houses bought as presents..complete with a giant red bow across the doorway...again..a home isn't a home, no matter how grand it is, without the warm loving occupants in it. My wish..if I had an unlimited budget..was to have my kids on Christmas morning do a treasure hunt..clue unwrap for a trip to Disney World..after seeing Steph's fb vid of the little girl unwrapping her surprise Disney vacation..that totally sparked this thread post. I just wish for all of you ladies, that you get everything you wish for..whether it be for your loved ones..or yourself. xxx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:46 am

Lisa wrote:
Just think its funny how people moan about not having enough to money to buy/afford this that and whatnot but then when asked if you were given money what would you get - they say nothing! Then why moan?

I do see your point but i think thats speaking in general terms and in more specific terms the ladies ive seen saying they cant think of anything on this thread i dont think ive ever seen them moan they want money to buy this or that.

Speaking only for myself Id love to win the lotto to clear my debts and have mentioned working to clear them but when I budget for my wages I cant say I feel deprived or moaned Im not buying x y or z. Ive had a reward chart for losing weight and its taken me ages to take the rewards cos I tend to want very little. Ive asked for some new socks for xmas as I cant think of much else I want or need Laughing

I did go away and think about it though (see how dull i find beebies and loading the dishwasher) and if money were no object I agree with jen, a nice family holiday to spend the festive period somewhere special would be nice i reckon
Back to top Go down
jessicar1990

jessicar1990

About Me!
My Name: Jessica

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:17 am

If my mum said to me... Jess, Iv just won the euromillions... what do you want for christmas... itd be a house... furnished if possible haha! as my stuff is pretty cruddy.
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:19 pm

The things I want/need right now money can't buy. I'm not the sort of person that longs for winning lottery tickets and big handouts, I prefer to earn my money and appreciate it, hence why I would love to go back to work sometime soon. Is it so difficult for people to believe that I'm happy with what I've got and don't believe a big wedge of cash would make me or anyone around me particularly happy? [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

My kids want for nothing and we will be spending Christmas with our loved ones exchanging gifts we've worked hard for and sacrificed and budgeted to buy each other. We've taken time out of busy lives to put thought and effort into choosing something within budget that we think each other will enjoy. That means so much more than chucking a huge wedge of cash at whatever someone wants. If money were no object it would take all the joy and personal touches out of Christmas so nope - I don't want it Neutral

xx
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:26 am

Umm for me i would diffo want a bigger car as mine is a 4 seater with 3 doors. I would like a Kindle lol

Thats it for me really lol as in christmas.

If i won the lottery that would be a diffo story.

Char
Back to top Go down
helz456

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:35 am

well I'm not being funny I work my butt off and so does my OH so if I had a big wadge of money, dont really care where it came from I would be delighted!! Its bloody hard sometimes, when you have 3 kids, ranging from a demanding 17 year old to 14 and nearly 3 year old. We should, on paper be well off, but live in our overdraft all the time!!! I'm not saying we dont have a nice life but there are limits and I know money would deffo make it easier as it takes the pressure off! Yes I do earn my money and feel a sense of pride that me and my oh support our family but I would have absolutely no problem with giving my family a big wadge of cash! It wouldn't make me feel less of a person as I know for all of my working life I have paid into society etc so would not feel like I didn't deserve it? Hey ho each to their own but money does make things a damn sight easier in my eyes! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:00 am

Well to all of you that don't want anything and are happy with what you have please feel free to pass any wodges of cash my way if you get any!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:29 am

BabyMilly wrote:
Well to all of you that don't want anything and are happy with what you have please feel free to pass any wodges of cash my way if you get any!

Get in the queue... I posted my car and house request first! Very Happy x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:44 am

Laura wrote:
BabyMilly wrote:

Get in the queue... I posted my car and house request first! Very Happy x

Lol Laura! I love your car and house Smile
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:47 am

Quote :
Just think its funny how people moan about not having enough to money to
buy/afford this that and whatnot but then when asked if you were given
money what would you get - they say nothing! Then why moan?

how rude!!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:49 am

why is it rude?!

I'm just saying when people moan about things...then given the opportunity (in theory) to change that - they say they don't need to.

If someone was 100% not needing/wanting anything in life (that money could buy) then they'd never moan about such things!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:00 am

helz456 wrote:
well I'm not being funny I work my butt off and so does my OH so if I had a big wadge of money, dont really care where it came from I would be delighted!! Its bloody hard sometimes, when you have 3 kids, ranging from a demanding 17 year old to 14 and nearly 3 year old. We should, on paper be well off, but live in our overdraft all the time!!! I'm not saying we dont have a nice life but there are limits and I know money would deffo make it easier as it takes the pressure off! Yes I do earn my money and feel a sense of pride that me and my oh support our family but I would have absolutely no problem with giving my family a big wadge of cash! It wouldn't make me feel less of a person as I know for all of my working life I have paid into society etc so would not feel like I didn't deserve it? Hey ho each to their own but money does make things a damn sight easier in my eyes! Rolling Eyes

Thats a lot of exclamation points in this and the last few posts. Calm down people or the points will go on strike for overwork
Back to top Go down
helz456

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:01 am

I always do that!!! Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:03 am

Mario, these points maybe against striking!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:05 am

SCABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <---thats a picket line right these
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:33 am

If money were no object for Christmas/won the lottery I would pay off my mums mortgage, buy my brothers and sisters a house each, a nice 4 bed house for me, a holiday to Hawaii, and a trip for Chloe to Lapland to see santa.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 am

Monkeychopsjellyfish wrote:
SCABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <---thats a picket line right these
Smile
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 5:09 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image] If money were no object I'd buy all the money in the world, burn it, and we would all have to use ducks and rabbits to use as currency and it would make the world a better place cos they just so frikken cute
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:09 am

awww jen did you see the video? oh my god I have tears in my eyes thinking about it again. it was so cute.

anyway Id love a big family holiday. couldnt be just us 3 though would have to be a BIG family holiday. I dont care if its disneyland or a cottage in the middle of nowhere.

but what I have instead is....a whole WEEK off to play with my darling little girl and all her new toys WOOHOO.
and Ive asked my oh for a cupcake carrier and my mum for the new vet nursing manual (very sad I know) and Im happy with that!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: If money were no object...   If money were no object... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If money were no object...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Christmas :: 2011 Archive-
Latest topics
» Spotting
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
If money were no object... - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words