Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Random assortment of Q's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Random assortment of Q's _
PostSubject: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:29 am

1) is it safe to have had dental x-rays when breastfeeding (not at the same time obv Wink )
2) Is it not standard to have a lead vest / apron these days anyway?! (didn't have one)
3) would you have a) a free metal filling or b) pay £100+ for a white one? (effectively two - inside edge and biting part of the same molar)
4) are there any precautions having a filling when BF?! (over thinking...)
5) would anyone like to have my filling done instead of myself?
6) Would you take pregnacare that went out of date at the end of october?! Thought I could do with the extra vitamins and all, but just seen the date!
7) long time no lurk, hope you're all dandy Smile

Cheers me dears, apologies for the randomness! xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:51 am

1) not sure tbh, cant see any issues though
2) yes that's normal, I've had tons all over myself lol and never worn one
3) pay extra!!!
4) cant think of any as its only local anaesthetic if they need it
5) no way
6) yeh whats the worst that can happen eh!
7) yeh where you been lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 6:49 am

LOL..xrays and any dental work is safe in the second trimester. Everyone should wear the lead vest, eventho the amount of radiation is extremely low, it's just a good precaution. As for the out if date vitamins, don't see any problems with them if it's just a couple months expired, but if dated from back in the 90's..may want to chuck them out. xxx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 7:28 am

1) is it safe to have had dental x-rays when breastfeeding (not at the same time obv )
Yes once bubs is out dont worry
2) Is it not standard to have a lead vest / apron these days anyway?! (didn't have one)
Its a teeny amount of radiation. To put it in perspective you get more on a sunny day
3) would you have a) a free metal filling or b) pay £100+ for a white one? (effectively two - inside edge and biting part of the same molar)
Im a cheap ass so no i wouldnt
4) are there any precautions having a filling when BF?! (over thinking...)
Cant think of any
5) would anyone like to have my filling done instead of myself?
Im having root canal-swap you?
6) Would you take pregnacare that went out of date at the end of october?!
The efficacy dereases over time but in cpl months it wont make that much diff

Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:11 am

its fine to have toothy stuff when bf - just so you know if you go for the cheapy filling (and god, £100? you can get it lots cheaper if you shop around), you can always get it replaced no bother when you have more pennies, i had a couple of mine replaced.
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 7:18 pm

whats wrong with the good old nhs fillings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:53 pm

NHS fillings look fecking awful thats why Katie Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:59 pm

NHS fillings look fecking awful thats why Katie Laughing
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 1:02 am

K, so am over worrying re:breastfeeding then - all will be right on that score.
'Lise root canal sounds bloody awful Shocked so no swapsies!

Mari it's £50-ish for white filling but because it's two 'faces' of the tooth it's double?! I dunno, dodgy polish dentist so it's hard to be sure. He may be a vet in disguise.

Jen, you 'avin a larf?! What you mentioning second trimesters for huh huh Suspect I'm having a break after popping my two out - this festive season is the fourth in a row I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding - a glass of something strong won't even see me through the trip to the dentist! (No doubt by the time I can have a drink again it will be half a glass of wine and I'm yours Wink )

Unfortunatley I think needs must and penny-wise I'm gonna have to go for the fecking awful nhs ones Sad Will look like a bond villain with a mouth full of metal No

But - I'm sure they are contentious anyway, with mercury content?! Although reading up on tintertet briefly, it seems white ones can chip out easier, silver last longer... so it seems it's vanity v's practicality.

Have been awol for a bit Lisa, times are a bit shit but sparkly Christmas to distract me for now - well that and a filling quandary Laughing Plus little miss's first birthday in a few weeks - what the actual F is that about?! 2010 whizzed past!!!!! xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 1:18 am

i do think healthwise the white ones are better, but it is easy enough to get them replaced plus you can change dentists whenever you want so look into it Laughing

Quote :
Plus little miss's first birthday in a few weeks - what the actual F is that about?! 2010 whizzed past!!!!!
that is absolutely mental?!! thanks for the card btw got it today Very Happy but have lost your address boo!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 1:18 am

I have 2 nhs ones, when I was 16 I had a dodgy fecking dentist who I swear did fillings for no reason as my private dentist said there were no reasons on my xrays and records for the 2 I have! Shocked

They are horrible, thankfully right at the back!
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 1:34 am

Tell me about it Mari, madness indeed. I'm too young to have a nearly one and nearly three year old ..... ha ha that makes absolutely no sense!!! Laughing
(but I'm avoiding saying that my birthday is even closer as I'm in denial of going over that particular hill Shocked )

Thing is Lisa, if anything, I think I need more than he's letting on? He seems to be focussing on the one tooth - it's where I had a filling a few years ago that's fallen out (ummm a white one. Does that decide it for me?!)

I had two teeth taken out for no reason, along with a brace when I was younger. That was a bugger. Swear
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:22 am

I had 4 corner teeth taken out in error when I was 11 .. he was supposed to take out 4 babies!

It wasn't discovered til I was 14, cos I had a 4 gaps and my mum asked the dentist (same guy) why that was and he tried to make out my adult teeth had never grown and various other excuses! Luckily my mum kept all our teeth and they did tests and checked records etc and proved he was bullshitting as we had the 4 teeth he pulled! The local authority tried to cover it up every way they could (even kept sending records for other people) but the truth came out in the end and I ended up with £10,000 compensation.. I could have got more I reckon cos the insurance company bit our hand off...don't think the solicitor knew what he was doing when he asked for that much! Should have gone in much higher and negotiated! Fool! Laughing

Shockingly he carried on as an NHS child dentist til he retired!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 4:03 am

ooh thats a bit mental lisa, how weird!!! also, umm why did your mum keep your teeth? just wondering...

oooooooooooh grace when exactly is your bday? are you all excited about it? did i text you back?! god i think i have early onset dementia.

oh yeah, back to teeth comparison, i had 2 out for braces and then 2 wisdom teeth and im ignoring my other wisdom teeth because im pretty sure they are growing inside my ears Smile
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 1:36 am

Oh my word Lisa - that sounds awful!!!

It's looking like the horrid metal mercury laden ones for me.

Can't justify the price of the white ones - and by all accounts they can fall out easier? Also the thought of doing them again later in white as/when I can afford to is an idea.

The tumble drier died a few weeks ago (well, the tumble drier element of our combination washer/drier) so the radiators full of damp clothes might need addressing first if we get any spare pennies, rather than my vanity.

Humph. Hate dentists (thinking not as much as you Lisa... Wink )

But don't have any direct comparisons so just hoping the metal is straight forward, and I don't sit with my mouth wedged open for half an hour, having the drilling and the works - then get home and look in the mirror and instantly regret it! xx
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:27 am

but who sees them really? who walks round with their mouth wide open?

i have a mouth full of NHS ones and i doubt anyone can see them

if id paid £50 for a filling id make damn sure every person i set eyes on noticed them Shocked
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:01 am

Right, I know you've been waiting for an update (guffaw) so -

Went to dentist yesterday, had silver filling - no needles just a bit of drilling and really quite quick. When he came to do it, he said there wasn't as much as expected - so 1) it didn't take too long 2) you can't see much at all in the way of nasty dark silver in my mouth and 3) I could have ended up paying £100+ for white but not needing to (as I doubt he would have been so honest or thrifty if I was paying) and 4) I do like my numbers, don't I?!

(On a related note, I hate the process of 'scaling' - you know where they basically drill all your teeth to de-plaque?! They're not even that bad but - UURGH - just horrid, I even tried to move my head away at one point?! Like, where am I going to move to - I'm pinned in a chair Rolling Eyes )

Anyway, all done - hopefully no more teeth dramas for a while xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Random assortment of Q's   Random assortment of Q's Empty

Back to top Go down

Random assortment of Q's

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Random assortment of Q's Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words