Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Bedtime routine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 7:08 am

Who does it in your house? I've just realised that I always do it now. I spoke to oh about it tonight and he agreed he'll do it a couple of times a week otherwise I'm sure Jamie will play him up when I'm not here and I have a couple of parents evenings coming up where he'll have to do it. Just wondered what the norm was
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 7:13 am

we do halfsies, mr.mari usually does bath or shower and i do sleepy time (ho ho), just because that was fairer when i bf, but sometimes i will do bath etc too now Smile
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 7:45 am

I normally do it but when i am on lates till 10 OH does it. I am not really fussed

Char
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:16 am

We both do it, share the bath time or together, then one of us makes the bockey while the other does jarmies. Then at bedtime Ellie will go up first and hide and we both go up to find her (hides on her window sill) we both put her in her cot and cover her up etc.
Back to top Go down
xx maxi xx

xx maxi xx

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:06 am

i always do the bathtime, brushing teeth etc.. but oh when he's not working will read to jamie and take him up to bed while i see to hollie, wen he is working i read jamie his books while hollie plays then when he's in bed il see to hollie Smile
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:02 am

We share it. We dont have set days or set things to do but, we just do what needs done depending who doing what Eg whoever going past bedroom near bedtime grabs pj's, either of us change her into pj's... if she needs a bath I run it & stuart strips her and generally both of us pop in and out to have a play with her (always one of us in room btw!). Usually one of us sits with her for last few mins of bath while the other nips & lays out changing mat/towel etc and then I lift her out and get her dryed while stu tidies toys.
Either of us tuck her in. Stuart has read to her before but usually thats my job. I enjoy it but.

It works for us. Id hate to do it 100% of the time, when pg I used to sometimes go to bed before Caitlin and was happy lying listening to daddy and Caitlin spending time together. Also when I was working Caitlin had to stay at my mums once or twice a week & I think it was good for her that she was used to it not being me putting her to bed every night anyway.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:21 pm

For the first 18 months we bathed Libby together then I ALWAYS put her to bed (she was BF for 13 months) - Simon had never done it. Then she went in her big bed and we bathed/read story together.

Its become the same with Dexter - he has a breastfeed before bed so I always put him down myself too.
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:02 pm

I do it mostly, OH generally prepares the bottles but I do bath, teeth, PJs, stories etc. OH tends to tidy up whilst I'm doing bedtime and will make dinner (if we are eating late) or make me a brew and put a film on for me coming downstairs. I would probably like it if he did bath time now and then but I feel because I'm a SAHM and he works long hours that in a way it's my 'job' Bedtime routine 517725so just get on with it. He has and does do it all if I go out though and they settle for him really well so it's not a problem.

xx
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:11 pm

We kinda share it. When OHs on earlies he does it a couple of evenings a week. He prefers to bath him as he says its easier,which is fine by me.

Whilst he's been off work over the hols I've made him do it every night seen as I'm still the one getting up with moo on a morning!

We do kinda do what Deb does though, where if one is washing/bathing etc the other is tidying and prepping the milk and stories. Prepping cups of tea etc.

Basically when work shifts allow, we tend to share. I think it's important for Oliver too to be able to settle easily for both.
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 1:37 am

gav tends to do it really but ill do it a few nights a week but it depends on whose upstairs or if one of us is cooking etc. if gav baths, teeth an puts him to bed ill get his bottle ready and go clear up downstairs while hes sorting it. we have no regular routine except mon, wed and fri im at bootcamp so gav will always do it then x
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 1:49 am

We don't have a set pattern, I'm usually out Wednesday and Thursday nights so Matt will do it then, she doesnt bath every night before bed, as she often has a shower in the mornings and usually gets her own pjs on and brushes her teeth herself so it's normally just a case of tucking her in and kiss goodnight x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:49 am

we've always shared bedtimes...one night i would do it, next night he does it...now we have two we swap over which child we do as we always want them to be comfortable with both of us putting them to bed as there have been times one has had to do both cos the other is away etc
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:54 am

I've probably made Adam sound bad. We share the build up. If he has a bath I tend to wash him and then Adam plays with him. Adam quite often gets him ready for bed. I just always seem to do the story, bottle, bed part which is where the battle is and he really doesn't like to settle for Adam. I think perhaps I might have to suggest set nights to make sure he does it occasionally
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:21 am

we are having a particularly sh*t time at the moment even getting elijah to bed with 2+ hours of screaming per night - however he never ever goes to sleep with mr.mari now, even though he used to be able to walk/rock him to sleep. another hurdle to get over!!!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 pm

When Adams home Ill do her tea and bottle and he'll give them to her. I usually put her pjs on as its just quicker and he doesnt really 'get' her clothes lol I alwyas put her to bed as the control freak in me needs to physicaly see that her alarm is on. She normally goes straight off though apart form the occasional popping her dummy in
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Ours isvariable. Bath nights are my non work nights usually so its dinner then after dinner its bathtime. Usually I will have a bath with the girls so I get in with them then Neil usually buggers off Rolling Eyes so I have to bellow to get him back once we are done, he then dries the girls while i throw some jammies on and we dress one each-i usually get Awen cos shes harder work. Then its milk with tv, I usually give Awen her milk unless I say otherwise cos Im gving C a cuddle and they 'take it in turns' to pick so its Trapdoor/button moon if its C's night and ITNG on Awen's nights then I put them to bed.

On my work nights its dinner then I give them a quick wash and we dress one each-again I usually end up with wrigglebutt. Once they are settled with milk I get dressed for work and go while Neil is getting them in bed
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:14 pm

mariheartselijah wrote:
we are having a particularly sh*t time at the moment even getting elijah to bed with 2+ hours of screaming per night - however he never ever goes to sleep with mr.mari now, even though he used to be able to walk/rock him to sleep. another hurdle to get over!!!

Poor you. It does feel like as soon as one thing gets sorted another goes wrong
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:47 am

I do it Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday as I work 9-5 those days so that's my time with her when I'm home.
OH does it Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday (unless he is nightshift) as I work half day Wednesday and don't work SAturday/Sunday Smile
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:16 am

We share the bedtime routine in as much as i do dinner and then usually bath then we have stories all together.

BUT I do the waiting it out for her to go to sleep bit because when OH has taken it over, has done different form me and has disrupted the whole getting her back into getting herself to sleep thing.

getting there though. Not sure what will do when new bubs comes along, probs be me OR him rather than together, will see when the time comes though

Mandy xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Bedtime routine _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime routine   Bedtime routine Empty

Back to top Go down

Bedtime routine

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Bedtime routine Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Bedtime routine Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Bedtime routine Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Bedtime routine Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Bedtime routine Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Bedtime routine Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Bedtime routine Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Bedtime routine Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Bedtime routine Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Bedtime routine Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Bedtime routine Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Bedtime routine Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Bedtime routine Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Bedtime routine Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Bedtime routine Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words