Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

When did your babys name stick?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

When did your babys name stick? _
PostSubject: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:14 am

I still catch myself repeating 'Joshua, josshhhhuaaa, josh' & thinking hmmmm does this suit you scratch .... Then sometimes when he wearing wee trendy things from H&M I think 'awww you really do look like a wee Alfie'. (At no point have I gazed into his eyes and thought 'oooh you do look like Bruce after all' Laughing

With Caitlin I can remember her being 6/7 weeks old and Id still sit and call her megan occasionally just to see if it suited her (how crazy was I Laughing ) Megan was my fave name but knew Stu preferred Caitlin so went with it. Now I cant imagine Caitlin being anything else! blushlove I love the name and it 100% suits her.

When did your babynames stick? Did you have any regrets/take a while to get used to them having 'a name' rather than being able to chop and change names like you could when pg? Maybe I seem to take so long to get used to my kids names as I never seem to decide until moments after they born and seem to feel the need to name them instantly. Maybe people who pick names in pg dont have these feelings of nuttiness. Laughing
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:19 am

lily-ann was a lily-ann from the day after our 20week scan and i never for a second doubted it, even now i LOVE it and would never change it if i can, when playing i sing lilyannyizzylizzybeth(her full name is lily-ann elizabeth obviously) and it always makes me smile

lewis was a charlie up until his birth, but we looked at him at a few minutes one and decided he just didn't look like a charlie...so he became a lewis instead...tbh now i slightly regret his name as it's SO common and i hear a mum shouting for their 'lewis' at least 10times when i go to town, i just wish i'd picked something a little less common, although he does feel like a lewis
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:29 am

Hmm I called my bump Jamie all the way through my pregnancy even though we were having a surprise as I was convinced that we were having a boy. However, there were a few times after he was born that I thought he should have been a Lewis (which was one of my top names but oh didn't like it)
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:41 am

Both my girls were named by their 20 week scans and i never got the whole hmmmm this doesnt suit you feeling.

I sometimes do wonder if i shoulda made Awen an Arwen but thats more semantics than a change of name and woulda just made it easier for people to get their heads around as I try to pronounce it as accurately as possible for a non welsh person (Ah Wen) as does Caelyn (and often Awenny J J J)but Neil tends to call her Ar Win/Ar Wen. I have a feeling long term its gonna settle into Ar Wen anyway but on balance im glad I didnt alter it.

Make any sense at all???
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 am

LOL I'm lost. Do you pronounce it A-wen (which is how I've always said it in my head) or Arwen. I like to know so I can say the right thing
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:49 am

I never knew the sex of any of mine so didn't name them til they were born. Eleanor/Ellie hadn't even been considered during pregnancy as I liked Harriet or lucile/Lucy for a girl but after she was born the only names we though she looked line were Imogen or Eleanor.

The same with my others I chose their names after I met them and their Name stuck straight away xxx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:55 am

Its not A like the letter A liberty its Ah (like Ahh i see)-Wen. ONly like i say Neil tends to lapse into elvish often and call her Ar Wen. Tbh at speed they vary only a little
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:56 am

Cool. I will say it the right way in my head now. I don't like saying (or thinking as it actually is) names wrong because people at school used to get my first and last name wrong
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 am

I always say it as Ah-wen in my head.

I dont think we were ever going to get a boy name that we both 100% adored - our tastes are sooo dif. Joshua was what I wanted for Caitlin if she was a boy so sort of came back to it once I realised that Stu was never going to agree to Oliver, Alfie or Reuben. In the end as I lay exhausted covered in blood he whispered I could name him whatever I wanted but I didnt want to call his child something I knew he hated.

My mum texted my aunt mins after he was born and said she'd heard us talking about naming him joshua but wasnt 100%... 10 mins later my twat of a cousin had it on FB thats what he was called & welcomed him to the world. Didnt really feel I could go back on it after that. Pretty sure I would have named him Joshua anyway but still have a lil doubt in my mind if Id had a day or 2 to think about it/wasnt f*cked on pethidine he may have been something else... who knows but, im sure in a few weeks he'll 100% be a Joshua and will be weird thinking about any other name Smile
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:05 am

(that only works if you don't have a scottish accent mario and then the 'r's are so overpronounced you can't get away with it Laughing)

Quote :
At no point have I gazed into his eyes and thought 'oooh you do look like Bruce after all
hahahaha ooooooooh you little brucey!!!

elijah was elijah from about 30 weeks pregnant, he just so totally is elijah Laughing we do call him elijah tom a lot of the time and often still use elijah thomas but rarely bother with eli which surprises us. elijah tom is my favourite (or thom if we want to go a bit radioheady Wink)

the only other name he could be is thomas so we would still be happy if he preferred to use that name when he's older (we gave him a get out clause Laughing) but i absolutely LOVE his name, its nearly as adorable as him, we are really struggling to find another boy or girl combo we both love as much.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:05 am

Snoops, joshua is a lovely name and Im sure it'll stick soon. I know when I had paul it took a while for it to sink in that I actually had a son as I was so sure that I'd just have girls.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:08 am

Im sure it will settle soon enough and if not you can change it hon its not the end of the world, i doubt hes answering to it yet

If im honest im not totally keen on caelyns middle name (by not totally keen i mean i loathe it), i conceded it to get my way on her first name. That said it does seem to suit her and it meant i got the name i wanted for her and its almsot never used so meh
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:08 am

Quote :
In the end as I lay exhausted covered in blood he whispered I could name him whatever I wanted
ahh the romance When did your babys name stick? 270211

you have until hes 16 to name him whatever you want actually Smile
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 am

I felt weird about mine for ages. I think it was cos they wee both such a shock we really hadnt decideed so they were named in a hurry. We didnt even have a shortlist with Amelia. I couldnt imagine them being anything else now though.

Lise, Ive just realised that the reason I dont find you girls names hard to pronounce/ spell is because Im welsh When did your babys name stick? 517725 It never occured ot me before but whn youve said t things about it Ive always thought to myself how many ways could it be pronounced hahaha Im such an idiot sometimes! x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:11 am

See now Mari thats my prob. I dont mind the odd rogue R but I dont want her ending up an Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrwen as I delibertaely chose the welsh. Still living in sunny swindon i should be fine. Its when im holidaying in the highlands i shall notice it lol. Still no beggar gets my or C's name right so im continuing a fine tradition
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:13 am

Lol Kayleigh Caelyns Irish but i do know what you mean. I LOVE hearing Meg say her (awens) name its lovely.

I love Ollies name its just so nice together, Ollie Christopher. And Amelia deffo suits hers.

Snoops FWIW I do think he looks like a josh hon xxx
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:17 am

OK how do you say Caelyn then because I always went Kay-lynn but now I'm thinking that may be wrong
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:22 am

Yup Cay/Kay-Lin but shes often called Caitlin or Kayleigh even when I prounounce it really clearly. Ive even heard Kay-Leen
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:23 am

Cool. Glad I had her name right at least. Now I'm wondering who else on the board I've been saying wrong.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:24 am

i would say aaaaaaaaahwin and kayl'n but i am a horror for rogue 'r's especially having pixel so closeby awen would certainly become arrrrrrrrrrrwen and a very piratey one at that
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:26 am

I love the idea of a piratey Arwen although I do have an image of you with an eyepatch and a parrot on one shoulder in my head now
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:30 am

Stephen was Stephen from when I was 12 Laughing as soon as I was pregnant I knew I was having a Stephen! I'm still not 100 % settled on Thomas but I'm sure it'll stick! xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:34 am

that's exactly what i look like, that wedding photo but with only one eye and a parrot Smile
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:37 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
that's exactly what i look like, that wedding photo but with only one eye and a parrot Smile

As the wedding photo is the one of you I've seen that's exactly what its like!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:39 am

We picked Isabelle some time after 22 weeks when we found out she was a girl, but we never called the bump Isabelle, and didn't really tell many people - just in case!

I think calling a new baby a name is odd anyway, dunno why, maybe cos they haven't formed a personality or you haven't formed a full relationship yet - I know I felt a bit odd calling her a proper name for a few days although it wasn't that Isabelle seemed wrong, more just felt strange her suddenly having a name!

I think she really suits her name and no I would never ever change it. Thankfully its not got too common, it did get more so in 2009/10 but I havent heard that many, and usually its Isabella anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? Empty

Back to top Go down

When did your babys name stick?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
When did your babys name stick? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words