Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

When did your babys name stick?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 _
PostSubject: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:14 am

First topic message reminder :

I still catch myself repeating 'Joshua, josshhhhuaaa, josh' & thinking hmmmm does this suit you scratch .... Then sometimes when he wearing wee trendy things from H&M I think 'awww you really do look like a wee Alfie'. (At no point have I gazed into his eyes and thought 'oooh you do look like Bruce after all' Laughing

With Caitlin I can remember her being 6/7 weeks old and Id still sit and call her megan occasionally just to see if it suited her (how crazy was I Laughing ) Megan was my fave name but knew Stu preferred Caitlin so went with it. Now I cant imagine Caitlin being anything else! blushlove I love the name and it 100% suits her.

When did your babynames stick? Did you have any regrets/take a while to get used to them having 'a name' rather than being able to chop and change names like you could when pg? Maybe I seem to take so long to get used to my kids names as I never seem to decide until moments after they born and seem to feel the need to name them instantly. Maybe people who pick names in pg dont have these feelings of nuttiness. Laughing
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:43 am

Think it depends where you are Lisa. We have one form in our school that has 5 Isabelles in (although all spell it a different way) and there's another couple in the year. If I had a girl she would be Isabelle if it wasn't for oh's stupid surname. I think its a lovely name
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:50 am

Gosh that is a lot!!
There are only 190 (or so) kids in each school year in the whole town so i suppose that makes a big difference, only 80 girls per year chances are less here than big cities
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:54 am

i do agree with that lisa, and i think when elijah was just very small he was just 'the baby' or little boy or similar, i don't recall being formal enough to ask elijah thomas to please please stop crying Laughing (though its possible haha), but definitly since he was sitting up and more of a person than a little squishy entity
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:59 am

We only have 4 form entry so 120 girls each year. Its a very middle class school though and you get a lot of the names associated with that so we have lots of Isabelles, Sophies, Elizabeths, Charlottes, Victorias and Eleanors, etc
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:01 am

Sorry was away feeding and changing Alfie Wink Laughing

mariheartselijah wrote:
Quote :
In the end as I lay exhausted covered in blood he whispered I could name him whatever I wanted
ahh the romance When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 270211

you have until hes 16 to name him whatever you want actually Smile

LOL. I told him when I was pg that he would end up saying that but he swore he wouldnt. Amazing what seeing someone you love in pain does to a panicked male Laughing

I def wont change his name, knowing me id be on here monaing 3 weeks later that he looked like a Joshua after all! Doh

I agree with Lisa but about it being weird naming a newborn. Suppose we do have 6 weeks to do it but I hated the idea of being in limbo any longer with it. Frig knows we spent so long talking about it when I was pg I just wanted it sorted! Also its one of the 1st things people ask so you do feel pressured to announce a name asap!
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:03 am

I think most people grow into their name though. Its not often you look at an adult and think they look like someone else (if you see what I mean)
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:05 am

Yeh I know what you mean .. its a bit like people with glasses .. they just look right with them on..and its not til they take them off that they have something missing

Not the same at all but I dunno why I thought of that Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:10 am

Lol Lise you wont believe the arguments me and adam had trying to name Ollie because of the Christopher. Its after my stepdad and I insisted that it had to be his middle name, cos hes always been so awesome to me but Adam didnt really get it. So he wanted to a middle name with less sylables so it would be easier for a first name.
Im loving a piratey Arrrwen. Im sitting here on my own now though and prounouncing awen loads of different ways. Oh the rock and roll things I do on a saturday night Laughing
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:04 pm

LOL! Ok..how would you ladies say Makynlee? Lise..no cheating! We were chatting about this earlier, and I have met ppl, actually quite a few, that just don't look like their names..if that makes sense. Often wondered if they were in that federal witness protection program under an assumed identity. With babies..and I found this with my son..it took forever for his name to stick..Matthew Reide...he probably grew into it by the age of 2, when he started to resemble a boy..yeah... I gave birth to a girly man scratch . The girls..well..I had a few names picked out for each..and would decide when I looked at them..and they sorta named themselves. I love original names..nothing too weird..like Rainbow or Moonbeam, but something that once you hear it...you think..wow..that's hard to forget. Just recently read somewhere that some parents had their child taken away from them due to them naming him Adolf Hitler No ..crazy stuff. x Drunk
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:20 pm

I always say it in my head 'Ma-kin-lee. Think iv asked you before how to pronounce it but & you told me it was after a mountain- or am I talking utter crazy sleep deprived nonsense scratch ???

Maybe boys do take longer to grow into a name, particularly traditional/adult type names... though is Joshua traditional??? Recently iv thought he looks a bit like a Gareth (hate the name, no offence to anyone who has/knows one). He had the cold recently and quite red/pufffy, plus he piled the weight on & when he having a fugly day I just think 'yikes, you look like a Gareth' Laughing
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:49 pm

With caitlin I have always said if I had a girl she would be called Caitlin but Ian loved the name Ella so we double barrelled it to Caitlin-Ella and alesha was alesha-Mae from the 20 week scan
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:07 pm

I'd pronounce it the same way as Snoopy does.

I always hate it when I get the registers for a new year trying to work out how to pronounce the names. We have a fair few Chinese girls and loads of Asian and Nigerian girls. The Nigerian ones in particular are a mouthful and really long (and all seem to start Oni something so I guess that's traditional) but fortunately they then all use a shorter name
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:16 pm

I don't call finlay by his name cos I don't think it suits him Sad but I don't know what else I would call him so...finlay it is.
Tyler was always a tyler though Smile
Back to top Go down
meandmyboys

meandmyboys

About Me!
My Name: sam
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:27 pm

dylan and tyler were always dylan and tyler but finlay was aiden to start even after he was born we kept looking at him and thinking he didnt look like aiden so went with finlay witch he suits down to a tee
its funny he just didnt look like an aiden lol x
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Noah was Noah from about 25 weeks. I do like Alfie, but always thought it would get shortened down to Alf, but i have a colleague called Alfie and no one shortens it.

Char
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Imogen was always Imogen, i think we briefly considered Sophia and Emilie but were pretty stuck on Imogen right away. She looked like an Imogen straight away but maybe thats cause we were so sure that was her name. There was a time about 2wks after she was born that I really liked Millie (from Emilie) and thought omg I've named her wrong she looks just like a Millie but I know Immi is perfect for her.

As for Joshua I still look and wonder if I should have called him Oliver. I think he suits either. I think it's cause I was so unsure on names for ages. It was a long process for us! Also i've talked to about 10 other people in this town that have named their newborns Joshua so thats annoying and makes me think I should have chosen something else. But no I love the name and from the moment Immi first saw him she's called him Joshie so it has stuck. He is our little Joshie
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:13 pm

Paige n Trent have always been paige.n Trent. Perry always loved the name.paige so i had no say on the matter. So he.had no say.in Trent. i remember thou when i had Trent i used to look at him n be like Aww your too cute to be a Trent!
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:42 pm

with makynlee ( sp ) ,, i used to say it maakin-lee until jen posted a vd on facebook and i now say it makinlee quite fast ,,, crap or is it the other way around ,,

my oldest was Kieran pretty much soon after founf oud he was a boy ,Scott was named at birth ,Danielle was named at about 28 weeks after much debating:)
I am now 24 weeks and so far this one has a possibility of 2 names but i would be shocked if i did not have a firm name by 30 weeks Smile
my middle child , i wanted to name him Matthew ( Matty ) but looking at hiim now he does not suit it although he prob wouldnt suit Scott now had i have named him Matthew Smile
for a few months i Looked at Danielle and wondered if we chose right , yes i did , it just suits her Smile
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:23 am

olliesmammy wrote:
Lol Lise you wont believe the arguments me and adam had trying to name Ollie because of the Christopher. Its after my stepdad and I insisted that it had to be his middle name, cos hes always been so awesome to me but Adam didnt really get it. So he wanted to a middle name with less sylables so it would be easier for a first name.
Im loving a piratey Arrrwen. Im sitting here on my own now though and prounouncing awen loads of different ways. Oh the rock and roll things I do on a saturday night Laughing

Lol you dilbert
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:43 am

hannah was a name we both liked since I was 6 weeks gone. but obv we looked for different names but always came back to hannah.

we decided on a boys name about 3 minutes before she was born.

one of the other names we liked was emma and just after she was born I kept saying to my oh I dont know I think she looks like an emma. my sister also thought she looked like an emma.

but now I couldnt even imagine her being called emma. Although out of hannah and emma I have heard of less babies being called emma so that would have been nice too. emma will be on my list for the next baby
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:58 am

braden was braden since about 15 weeks preg so it never occured to us it could be anything different, i still love it, and i like that when he is older he can just be 'brad' if he isnt a fan...

as for dita raine, it took us a lot longer to name her but it was before she was born and everybody called her that in my belly anyway so it was just natural that she was dita. I think she suits it too.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Libby was Libby 2 years before she was conceived Laughing Foolishly we looked at names when we started TTC thinking it would happen quickly.... anyway we found it and loved it so it stuck.

With Dexter we found out at the 20 week scan that we were having a boy and had briefly discussed names but Simon refused to properly until we knew. So that day I said I want to sort out a name because I like to use the name while pregnant, the only other boys name I quite liked was Travis but Simon wasnt keen so we both decided on Dexter.

I've never regretted their names and think they both suit them, I couldnt imagine calling either of them something else xx
Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:57 am

I never knew sex either of my 2. So we chose a few for each. With Hannah we had always likes Olivia Rose for a girl but when she was born she didn't look like an Olivia and luckily 2 weeks before she was born we were thinkin of a second girls name Hannah. And I suits her down to the ground couldn't imagine her as anything else! Lol it does remind me though of when she was born loads of clothes at the time had "Tilly" th rabbit on and once I called her Tilly (also name of 1 of our dogs) and everyone just looked at me and I was like nooo it's the stupid clothes fault lol.
Joseph was the boys name we like and about the only one we agreed on. We wanted another "traditional" bible name so it was Joseph or I quite liked Rachel for a girl. And I'd we have anymore we will continue down the bible name route (no idea why we aren't overly religious) sometimes I look at Joseph and wonder is he a Joseph really....but could nt imagine him as anything else either. Xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your babys name stick?   When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

When did your babys name stick?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
When did your babys name stick? - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words