Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

holidays when pregnant?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Jayne,Riley&Lana

Jayne,Riley&Lana

Edit MY profile

holidays when pregnant?  _
PostSubject: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:28 am

im really wanting to go on holiday abroad this year to cyprus but im due in july so we where thinking of going in april but we have a few things on in april so we cant go till the end which i will be 30week ive checked and has long has im ok i can fly upto 36week but dont know wot to do, my last pregnancy was fine i had no problems exept my iron and he was born late, would u go or has anyone been while pregnant? thanx in advance xx
Back to top Go down
Jayne,Riley&Lana

Jayne,Riley&Lana

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:29 am

also ive had no problems in this pregnancy so far not even morning sickness everything has been same has b4 upto now xx
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:34 am

If your not sure then I'd ask your drs advise. I was on holiday when I got pregnant, went to Paris just before I was 10 weeks and went to Mallorca when I was 18 weeks for a week. I did have problems in my pregnancy. I had bleeding until I was 13 weeks and when I was in Mallorca had such bad cramps I couldn't move (which was probably because my mil insisted on dragging us around all day in the heat when I wasn't supposed to be standing for long). In that instant I phoned the hospital at home (from the number on the nights) and followed their advice. I would check with your airline as well because some will not let you fly past 28 weeks
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:39 am

In theory if you feel fit and healthy, you check with the airline, your holiday insurance and your Dr then I dont see a problem.

I however would hate to go on hol when pg, particularly heavily pg. Id hate the heat, be wary of the food, find it odd not being able to have a little drink, buying mat clothes for holiday would be expensive.... Im generally a miserable cow when pg but and dont get much enjoyment out of anything so im prob the wrong person to give an opinion Laughing !
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 am

I went to Cyprus when i was having Ellie and flew home at 26 weeks. I'm sure my insurance was only valid til 28 weeks. Also I had to have a letter from my me signed by the go sayind i was fit to fly. Coming home, the cabin actually asked to see the letter and went off with my letter (scary moment). I wasnt even big it was just that the crew noticed when they were checking the seatbelts.

All airlines are different, so check before you book. xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:42 am

Meant to say, I totally enjoyed the holiday and being pg made no difference Smile
Back to top Go down
Jayne,Riley&Lana

Jayne,Riley&Lana

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:33 am

ive checked with most airlines that we probably will go with and they say u can fly upto 36week if only 1 baby but after 28 week u need a letter to say u r well, i was just thinking if im like when i was pregnant the 1st time id be fine has i had no problems (except iron) and to be honest u wouldn't even have known i was pregnant, im a big girl anyway had no bump that was noticeable and never changed sizes in clothes plus ive already got plenty of holiday clothes that will be fine has they r floaty dresses so have room id rather go before the baby is born than after though cause then theres the hassle of taking everything for baby plus i will then have 2 to look after, this holiday would be with my mum so she will be there to help with Riley if need be its not with my oh (has he doesn't do much but play with Riley lol) im just unsure whether to go at 30week really but its the only time i can go unless i wait untill the end of the year but then Riley will also be in nursery properly by then + a baby sorry for going on i dont know wot to do though i really wont a break and love going abroad plus we have found some cheap ones to cyprus Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:24 pm

I went to england on holiday at 26 weeks, shopping and.seeing take that Smile I was fine and coming to cyprus you will be able to have a nice relaxing break in the nice weather. It won't be to hot either and if anything were to happen the drs here are fantastic x
Go for it hun x
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 pm

I went to ireland for a week (flew) i was 32 weeks but looked 20 weeks so they never even asked to see a note of anything. I would enjoy yourself wont be a while till you go on ur next one.

Char
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

You can fly up to 36 weeks but what I think babymilly meant is for your holiday insurance you'll find it hard to get insured past 28 weeks. It took me ages to fine mine and could not get ny higher then 28 weeks,mluckily for me we landed back in the uk the day I turned 28 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Jayne,Riley&Lana

Jayne,Riley&Lana

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:35 am

hi ive found this insurance it sounds ok to me but im not sure im not very good at reading the small print, does this sound like they insure u upto full term?

http://www.essentialtravel.co.uk/travelinsurance/pregnant-travel-insurance.asp
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am

It looks great to me. When I travelled I was using my usual travel insurance which I get free with my bank. I'd definitely go for it, I really enjoyed my pregnant hols and was never too shy to flaunt my bump in my bikini Smile
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:59 am

As long as they cover you and baby if you had the baby whilst out there and that they would ly you and the baby home then it's great. I know it's not likely to happen but I couldn't go knowing I didn't have that insurance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: holidays when pregnant?    holidays when pregnant?  Empty

Back to top Go down

holidays when pregnant?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
holidays when pregnant?  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words