Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Facebook is shite

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Edit MY profile

Facebook is shite  - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:22 am

First topic message reminder :

That's all!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:15 pm

It has been really quiet on here lately. I'm on fb but not the banda group so I tend to come here and I've noticed there's been no-one about
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:49 pm

I think the group should be deleted we didnt need it to begin with
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:51 pm

SemoandHaribo wrote:

I agree. Think it's caused more trouble than it's worth Crying or Very sad xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:55 pm

*Meg* wrote:
SemoandHaribo wrote:

I agree. Think it's caused more trouble than it's worth Crying or Very sad xx

Here here Smile !!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:59 pm

i disagree !!!

i think its handy for those who cant get on banda on their phones and need advice whilst out and about

i agree it has been used alot more recently than forum so maybe that should be reigned in a bit

Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:12 pm

The thing is we all say we shouldn't use it but then we all do use it, it's too convenient! And besides if it wasn't there I'm sure ppl would still chat more on fb than here as it's so much easier.
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Michelle have you got this version for your phone? xx

http://www.babiesandall.com/t13288-banda-mobile
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:23 pm

*Meg* wrote:
Michelle have you got this version for your phone? xx

http://www.babiesandall.com/t13288-banda-mobile

ermmmm i dunno lol , i generally use my laptop Smile , was talking about others , i have a blackberry and i can get on banda on my phone , its just tiny and annoying Smile xxx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 pm

ah ok xx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Fb group is emergency only again Wink
And stupidity (snoooy) doesn't count haha
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 pm

I think the thing is we all have very busy lives these days, spend all our time rushing around like idiots trying to juggle kids, house, work, cleaning, cooking etc and simply don't have the same amount of time on our hands as we used to. Fb is fast paced and everything is right there in front of you, you can click, read and comment in a matter of seconds as opposed to browsing through posts here and replying at your leisure. The majority of us BANDA ladies came together when we were ttc, pg or on mat leave and had a lot of time on our hands to sit and chat and reply. Times have changed - a large proportion of us now have more than one small, very demanding child or are juggling work and kids etc and simply don't have the time to dedicate to forums like we used to. I do try hard to keep up with what's going on here but I find myself reading then running off to separate fighting kids or stop a pot boiling over and am then too distracted to sit down and compose proper replies. Whereas fb is right there in front of me on my phone, the app is simple and fast compared to a forum app and I get push notifications if someone replies to me. It really is just a case that fb is more convenient to my lifestyle at the moment and whilst I find it sad that the forum does go through quiet phases I will always find a bit of time to try to catch up when I can - it's just not as often as it used to be.

I don't think that the fb group should be taken down. Why penalise the majority because a few don't want to join in? If more people posted here would we take the forum down because the fb group was quiet? The fact that this forum was here 'first' isn't a valid argument in our case as the vast majority of us once posted elsewhere and moved to here for our own convenience so would be a bit hypocritical of us to complain about 'change'.

At the end of the day we all love this forum and none of us would want it to die but I think there is a place for both. There have been a few posts in fb Banda lately that I have thought would be better placed in the forum as they required longer replies and more in depth advice which is much easier to post in a structured way on here than a small comment box on fb. However there are a lot of spur of the moment comments and posts that turn into long daft conversations that I feel are perfectly placed in fb and wouldn't work here. I think we should all try to think before we post as to where would be a better place, if you require in depth advice or your post is quite long then you will probably get more and better replies here in the forum, if it's a quick question/mini rant/daft post etc then fb is great for getting a good chat going.

I'm sure those that post more in fb don't mean to neglect the forum - it is just a matter of convenience and our time is at a premium these days. If anybody isn't on the fb group and is feeling 'left out' then come join in Very Happy

xx
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:18 am

I have to agree with Debs. I love Banda and get on whenever I can but im soooo busy atm I simply dont have much time to log in much anymore. In between Alfie, my new puppy, FCA and dojng my diploma im knackered on a night and end up in bed for 9pm.

There are some thibgs in the group which Zi should be kept to a group but for daft stuff i think its perfectly suitable for fb. I actuslly think ive got to know alot more people yhankd to the group because ive had time to talk to them whereas its harder on here to get to respond to everybodys posts.

Watever happens The clean eating fb group will be there ;-) x x
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:22 am

Debs speak sense Smile
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 1:13 am

Am easy whichever, still like the long posts and interesting stuff on Banda but also like he crack on Facebook, post where you want I say x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 1:24 am

we are all pretty busy at times but i think the question is, what's the point in having a forum if people can't be *rsed to use it?

anyway, i don't think pen was having a serious go at anyone and it wasn't meant to turn into a debate - do what you like!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:12 am

I love banda anyhooooooo :-)
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:18 am

Seems a whole lotta fuss over nothing to me. I think the forums just having a quiet patch. From what ive seen of the FB group they discuss bingo and sausages with one of two posts in between. Even if the one or two posts was moved it wouldnt be turning the forum into a bustling metropolis. Moving the sausage posts might but ppl would then moan the forum was full of useless non baby related chatter. I reckon give it time the chitter here will pick up again. This place just ebbs and flows. I do use it less than i used to but not cos i use FB any more just cos I dont have the time to do either as much. Drawing attention to the natural highs and lows of forum traffic simply started a debate i dont reckon ever needed to exist cos in 2 weeks time everyones gonna be in the lounge chatting over some bollocks again like this post never existed
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:25 am

Haha, as Mari said, this was never meant to be a debate post, it was just the result a very quiet night on Banda last night and a few comments in the shout box about fb. As far as I can see it was taken as a bit of fun and there are only a very few posters that seem to have taken in a bit too serious Smile

I love Banda and other forums too, I love the people that I chat with each day and who have become my friends through pregnancy and onwards.

If I'm been totally honest I don't give poop if you prefer fb to forums, and i dont think anyone needs to explain why they prefer fb Smile I do get it about about not having time to log on, I do have a life, job,real life friends etc. (would just hate Banda to die)!

xxxx

Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:54 am

Ha Ha as y'all know I'm not on FB (and don't plan to be) and been awol from banda too - I may fit my own little niche group - with just, er, me in it Laughing

I will update my filling post though, in the spirit of keeping banda going - well, that, and it is an enthralling topic - obviously Cool xx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:12 am

BabyMilly wrote:
I do have a life, job,real life friends etc. (would just hate Banda to die)!

xxxx

Are you sure Wink
X
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:38 am

Jade wrote:
BabyMilly wrote:
I do have a life, job,real life friends etc. (would just hate Banda to die)!

xxxx

Are you sure Wink
X

I don't want Banda to die - True
I have a life - lie!

Hahahaha Smile
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:50 am

Tehe
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 am

I wouldn't go as far as to say it was shite Laughing

I go on there every day..but at the end of the day im not just communicating with banda girls but my friends and family too.
I'm not part of the Banda fb group and I must admit there are times where I feel like i'm missing the joke scratch but hay-ho!! I'm really not fussed.

I don't come on here as much just cos I just get bored lol Laughing I'll be honest. I have a quick scan every now and then but theres really noting I have to add Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:54 pm

I find myself just being a "GEG" lol i look read then click off, mainly because i never have anything useful to say but i can't bare not to be involved Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 pm

I must admit I do go on FB alot more than I do here now because its alot easier on my phone but saying that I seem to have lost my phone to Libby so I'll probs be on here more often (like now Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Facebook is shite    Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Facebook is shite

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Facebook is shite  - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words