Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

what would you do without english TV?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

what would you do without english TV? _
PostSubject: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Where we are in Cyprus it's VERY hard to get english TV. I had a sKY subscription from JErsey that I still pay for and had a massive dish put in our garden so we could receive the channles but SKY have recently changed the satellite that the broadcast on and we can't receive loads of channes in Cyprus anymore.
The only channel I can get at the moment is Channel 4 and E4. I can get all the sky living goo food discovery etc ones but only channel 4 out of the terrestrial/freeview stuff.
i'm contemplating getting rid completely... but the though of having NOTHING is scary. There's some things I can download on the internet to watch through my laptop on the telly but it seems like too much hassle.. what would you do?
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:53 pm

I would just download everything i don't watch much tv anyway so it wouldn't bother me.. Couldn't live without Eastenders though Razz
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:55 pm

I would probs download what i really wanted and get rid of tv. I don't watch much at all. I pay for sky but its cause Matt wanted it. I was fine without. I watch dvds and videos with Imogen
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:56 pm

I didn't think you could get everything on the laptop. I know my sister (she's in Singapore) can't get iplayer as she's not in Britain. TBH I mainly watch sport and as long as I can get that I'd be happy
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:02 pm

you can download a thing that gives you a different IP address, expat shield is a free one I'm using at the moment so I can get the on demand (iplayer 5 on demand itvplayer etc) and there is a site called filmon that is free live english TV. but with the time difference it's not that good but means Tyler can watch cbeebies again in the day (oh Mr Bloom how I've missed you)
I think I might bite the bullet and get rid... it's quite expensive and at the moment we barely watch it anyway just Tyler watches his kidddy programmes.
Back to top Go down
Panda

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:03 pm

We downloaded on speed so would watch online and used a hdmi lead x
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Jade wrote:
(oh Mr Bloom how I've missed you)

LOL his not been on for a while and think its only the weekends at the moment. I'm not sure if me or Jamie was more excited when it came back. Its one of the few things I don't mind watching unlike the rubbish like Justin's house
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Hotspot shield i use for American stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:20 pm

what's on speed?
Back to top Go down
Panda

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:23 pm

This was years ago mind, it speeds up ur internet to make it seem ur in the uk then u can use bbc iplayer etc x
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:33 pm

Claire wrote:
Couldn't live without Eastenders though Razz

I was like that but as it coincides with bedtime/dinnertime we ended up having to series-link record it, and then we got all involved in watching Dexter and realised we hadn't watched it for a few weeks and decided to sod it. I feel liberated!!

We got rid of Virgin a good while ago and went on to freeview. We got one of those boxes that allows us to record/pause live TV etc which was a bit of an outlay but the only thing we really valued about having Virgin - it's saved us a fortune and we in no way miss the channels we don't have. In fact we hardly notice!

Why don't you try going without for a couple of weeks and see how much you really miss it, before making the decision. It feels scary scrapping your TV stuff but if it's cost without benefit - what's the point?
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:44 pm

the only thing i'll really miss is the stupid stuff that's on like discovery or real time.. like gypsy brides us. extreme couponing cupcake wars lol but I think I can download them from a torrent site I've found once they have finished. tbh all I watch on the telly now is hollyoaks, which I can watch if my internet speed was better. And Tyler watches cartoonito but he can watch cbeebies on the internet if I hook my laptop up. SO I suppose we are goign without already. I'm going to see what I can get without my subscription by taking the card out as I may still be able to get some channels... then might upgrade my internet speed and hope fo the best. It is daunting though! I haven't watched eastenders for months because it went ages ago and I've just lost ITV so can't watch any soaps apart from the oaks haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what would you do without english TV?   what would you do without english TV? Empty

Back to top Go down

what would you do without english TV?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
what would you do without english TV? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words