Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? _
PostSubject: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:33 am

Hey everyone,

Oh for a child that 'just' drinks her bottle!! lol x

Jess started on Avent bottles, but then got really colicky, so were now on Dr Browns!

Anyhow in the last couple of weeks she has become even more awful on the bottle.....shaking her head about, spitting out the milk, wont latch on properly (or therefore stay latched on), crying, screaming, pushing teat out with tongue, arms flailing about..........you get the picture im sure!

So, 2 questions - What the hell do u think is the matter? Would MAM bottles help do u think, are they worth a try?

Dr thinks she could be silent reflux & colic, but gaviscon isnt really doing anything except bunging her up.

I belive MAM bottles have a different teat shape and are better tolerated by some babies - any experiences??

Thanks ladies

Lisa x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:39 am

ummmm I'm not massively experienced as we mixed feed (Elijah only gets maybe 4 bottles a week) and we started out with MAM bottles - he had lots of trouble with being sick and reflux and things although he seems to have nearly grown out of it (no thanks to gaviscon which I would agree, made Eli even more miserable cos he couldn't poo!).

I would say that during that period he was bottle feeding once or twice a day and never had any trouble either latching on, staying latched on or with wind/reflux afterwards (no more than he was having generally).

I like them cos they are easy to clean too haha I would say Elijah had no trouble at all with them, despite having some other tummy troubles, and still will drink from them happily (often with less wind than when he feeds from me - weird!) so worth a go I would think...

Also you can buy them individually from MAM online so maybe that will save pennies and give you a chance to try them?
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 am

i found dr brows bottles a pain in the jaksie! the teats were too soft and ben would chew at it, spit milk every where. the teat was as much use as a blown up condom !!! i use avent bottles with air flow teats and he seems fine but he does have some trouble working out what he is supposed to do in the first place. the closer to nature bottles he is great with but he gets very windy with them :/ i havent found a happy balance yet Sad

erm.. iv ran away with my self... i will watch this post too cause mam bottles are my next step too.
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:28 am

Laura.......'the teat was as much use as a blown up condom !!!'

2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Lol rofpmsl
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:41 am

Ive used mam bottles for both my boys and i think they are brilliant. The teat is much firmer than other bottles. It sounds tho Lisa that something else may be going on. I would go back to docs as if it is silent reflux and gaviscon isnt working they can give something else. Does she bring wind up fine? What milk you using? X
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:46 am

Yeah she gets wind up no problem! We started on Aptamil, then when she was colicky we tried the 'colic' version but she was awful on that.........so now were on a prescription one...Enfamil AR....an anti-reflux one.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:51 am

MaM bottles are bloody fantastic! I started on those tommee tipee ones and hated them and tried mam just because the writing was clear on the bottles. I can't recommend them enough. Also they're indistructable (or it seems that way).
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:21 am

we were using aptamil for Elijah's bottles and thought it was fine - til we tried hipp organic cos I wanted to try an organic one (the only one!) and good god, what a difference! the sickyness and wind (both ends) settled after he had a bottle - could be coincidence that he hit 3 months around the same time tho.

babymilly - i love that they are so easy to clean and they are soooo cute too haha Smile
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Lisa, My sister is going through exactly the same with her 11 week old she has aparently silent reflux she wont really eat, wont really wind or anything the one thing they have found that has helped a little is comfort milk as its a bit thicker so therefore settles in the gut a bit better the gaviscon isnt working for her and she has even had medicated drops which didnt work she has got an appintment with peadiatrition (sp) tomorrow so i will endevour to try and let you know what he said.

She had the MAM, Dr Brown and Avent too the ones she found best for Olivia are Tommee Tippee anti Colic ones
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:10 am

Right today ive sent out my OH for MAM bottles and WOW what a difference already!!

2 full bottles (5oz), hardly any thrashing about, and hardly any spitting out!!

Suzie, the milk were trying now is a thicker one so hopefully that will help (but i think half the problem was that she couldnt get the new milk out of the dr browns properly- bless her!)

So were on MAM bottles, thicker milk, gaviscon, and faster teats!! Fingers crossed xxxx

Thanks for your help everyone!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:22 am

Tayla was exactly the same, we used aptimal easy digest and dentinox...life savers!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:26 am

Quote :
So were on MAM bottles, thicker milk, gaviscon, and faster teats!!
It's like formula algebra 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??   2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Empty

Back to top Go down

2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
2 linked questions - MAM bottles - Bottle feeding?? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words