Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

am i being rude

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:03 am

evening all,

i apologise for any spelling errors i'm shattered but i need some advice on an fb thing.

i have a lot of friends from work, actually i'd call them colleagues certainly not friends.

and we are not allowed to post anything about work, or about our profession or for who we work for, because it could be taken as being disrepectful and basically cause me a huge issue at work.

now i cant even say if i have a good or bad day on there, because one of so called colleagues will report it, they done it to one of the others and caused a load of probs.

but i'm fed up of the big brother thing and if i'm completely honest i've had enough...

so do i delete them all, block them from seeing my wall or what??
if i do this, this will of course be an issue, but i'd rather be able to talk about bubs openly i dont want to talk abotu work,

for example before pg, a while ago i put on that i had a great night and was pi$$ed, this is bring my profession into disrepute and i was told not to do it again...

but on the other hand when i have scan and i announce pg and birth i know a few of them would be interested in that.

i'm hoping i'm making myself clear, so i delete and become billy no mates lol or do i just conitue not being quite myself and double checking everything i write

any advice will be gratefully received
thanks xxx
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:05 am

i hid people from work cos i don't really want them knowing what i get up to outside of work
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:05 am

Did you know you can block any post you make from certain people...therefore if you blocked any you dont want them to read, they will still think they see your whole wall!

All you do is click the padlock button and select a group to hide from, so just put all collegues in a group!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
loola_hoop

loola_hoop

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:07 am

hmm tough one :S erm, i really dont know, could you just delete some of them? and keep the ones that arent pathetic enough to report you for writing if youhave had a bad day or not? xXx
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:11 am

thanks lisa i didnt know that, i've seen it, but think i'll do that.

i dont know all this thought over something as silly as FB. drives me nuts
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:23 am

ohh i would be actually annoyed that you couldnt be yourself on your own personal webpage/space!!! It should be left at work!!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:30 am

I know exactly what you mean. Even though I dont have a job yet I know the codes of conduct from placements etc and friends that are working in similar situations. Most of them only accept people who they are friendly with outside work and trust not to be a tattle tale over petty things like a night out or saying work is doing their nut in.....

I think its very hard not to be able to vent on FB. Obviously we have common sense not to blurt out names or scenario's, its a bit patronising Rolling Eyes . Either do what Lisa says or block them. If they mention it just say you did a major clearout as you never use it anymore and only keeping it for family to see pics of kids etc.

The person who reports things sounds like a twat imo....
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:52 pm

I would delete them and do it so you don't even come up on a search. That way you can tell them you have deleted it totally and they will never know you haven't. Be careful withblocking certain posts... It would worry me that something will go wring and it wouldn't work. X
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Oh this makes me so mad. I was reported for a joke i put on fb after a bad day at work and ended up going through formal disciplinary hearing and got 12 months warning I am still working off. Now I don't put anything but endless updates about C or really cryptic stuff and wiped 80% of my friends list off, I am slowly re adding as I decide I can trust people.

Its getting ridiculous as what you say in your own home doesnt affect going in everyday and giving good care to people when they need it and i work hard and dont see why i should be penalised for having my own area to vent and its getting like a facist state when they are even pulling people up for saying they have been out on the lash. Next they will be wanting frilly sleeves and hats back and for us all to live in nurses homes and never get married or have kids just live 'for the profession'. *$%£, this is why its just a job to me these days not a career, i only go to work cos it pays my bills, when i walk out that door its gone and if i could sweep the streets for the same money i'd walk in a heartbeat. Thats why the bloody nhs is losing good people in droves, idiots.

Sorry rant over clare and sorry for 'jacking i just get where you are coming from. I would delete the ones you definately don't trust saves putting em on block and keep the ones you do, also check every single one of your privacy settings and tighten them up so only people on your friends list ie ppl you trust can see what you have written, its amazing how open your page is if you don't check, i periodically check mine now cos fb actually reset mine which is how i didnt realise my status was readable before my disciplinary
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:51 pm

i would delete them - if you want to go out and get drunk then thats your choice, your work shouldnt be able to dictate what you do outside of it and if you have tell tales reporting everything back then they wouldnt be the kind of people i'd want on my fb anyway!

i completely understand about ot being able to talk about work - my last job i had to sign a form saying i wouldnt speak of the work place.
x
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:54 pm

i have one for work .. and one for my general freinds and family x
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Its so stupid. I have to be careful what I put. I cant mention work etc , people have got in trouble from work for silly things they have put (work related). But other than that I put what I want within reason x
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:18 pm

i dont have people i work with on FB cos i figure if they want to stay in touch they have my mob number and can do it that way.

too many people just use FB to be nosey!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Hehe, I am desperate to put something on my fb about what I found out at my work today... but the poop would really hit the fan if I did!

x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:40 pm

This is one of the reasons I'm not on facebook Smile Too much of a headache figuring out how to edit myself, who to add, who to ignore as it felt inappropriate to have them on there etc.... Rolling Eyes More hassle than it's worth. Oh, that and I would waste aloooot of time on there I'm sure! Laughing
It must be a headache for management but honestly; Mario that is shocking!! x
Back to top Go down
tigger

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:06 am

I would personally block them so they can't see your wall rather than delete them. I have just hidden certain people's posts from my news feed (my bro-in-law and his wife) as their status's comments just wind me right up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

am i being rude _
PostSubject: Re: am i being rude   am i being rude Empty

Back to top Go down

am i being rude

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
am i being rude Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
am i being rude Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
am i being rude Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
am i being rude Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
am i being rude Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
am i being rude Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
am i being rude Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
am i being rude Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
am i being rude Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
am i being rude Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
am i being rude Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
am i being rude Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
am i being rude Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
am i being rude Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
am i being rude Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words