Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

First Shoes....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

First Shoes.... _
PostSubject: First Shoes....   First Shoes.... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:12 pm

I am going to Clarks to get Flick's feet measured today.
Had a look on the site and it will be at least £26 for shoes for her.
Could I get her feet measured there and buy some shoes cheaper elsewhere or would I be better off getting some from Clarks? x
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

First Shoes.... _
PostSubject: Re: First Shoes....   First Shoes.... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:29 pm

When we bought Libby's first shoes we went to a little independant shop that sold Clarks shoes, they measured her feet and then took us straight to the sale rail and we got 2 pairs of shoes for her for £15!!!

We've since bought Adidas and Hush Puppies and at the moment she has DC's (trainers), Clarks (again what we bought from the little shoe shop - in Brantanos they were £28 and we got them for £11.50) and some Next boots so a mixture really.

I do think it pays to shop about and as long as they fit well it doesn't really matter where they come from xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

First Shoes.... _
PostSubject: Re: First Shoes....   First Shoes.... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:33 pm

I had Aimee's feet measured recently and didnt like any of the ones they had in the shop, so we just left.

I then ordered her some Chipmunks and also some Clarks from Ebay, which were much cheaper x
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

First Shoes.... _
PostSubject: Re: First Shoes....   First Shoes.... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:59 pm

As long as they fit and have enough growth room then it really doesn't matter where they come from! If you get her feet measured in Clarks and whilst your there ask what you need to look for size/growth wise so you can check at home to see if she needs new shoes they will tell you! Then you can go elsewhere and buy cheaper!!

I always get the boys feet measured in Clarks then go and buy elsewhere! Next are usually pretty good!

xxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

First Shoes.... _
PostSubject: Re: First Shoes....   First Shoes.... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:11 pm

I usually buy clarks (my mother always told me horror stories about your feet falling off of you put anything but clarks on their feet)lol! But on rare occasions (without my mother knowing) I bought great shoes from other shops but always found the sizes are different so just make sure she stands up and there's growing room but they don't slip as she's walking.

I bought ellies first shoes on Sunday it was lovely, they took a photo of her in her shoes!
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

First Shoes.... _
PostSubject: Re: First Shoes....   First Shoes.... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:16 pm

BabyMilly wrote:
I usually buy clarks (my mother always told me horror stories about your feet falling off of you put anything but clarks on their feet)lol! But on rare occasions (without my mother knowing) I bought great shoes from other shops but always found the sizes are different so just make sure she stands up and there's growing room but they don't slip as she's walking.

I bought ellies first shoes on Sunday it was lovely, they took a photo of her in her shoes!

They did that for Aron's first shoes in Clarks! The little monkey slept through the whole thing! The fitting the lot!!
xxx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

First Shoes.... _
PostSubject: Re: First Shoes....   First Shoes.... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Try brantano - they sell clarks shoes as well as other ranges.

I'm told clarks measure one size bigger?! (is that becuase their shoes are one size smaller?! scratch ) But at clarks bean was measured as a 6... then at brantano measured at a 4?! We went with a 5! But it's like your own shoes, different styles will fit differently even if they are the same size.

x
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

First Shoes.... _
PostSubject: Re: First Shoes....   First Shoes.... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:21 pm

GraceBean&Pip wrote:
Try brantano - they sell clarks shoes as well as other ranges.

I'm told clarks measure one size bigger?! (is that becuase their shoes are one size smaller?! scratch ) But at clarks bean was measured as a 6... then at brantano measured at a 4?! We went with a 5! But it's like your own shoes, different styles will fit differently even if they are the same size.

x

That is true, Libby's Clarks are a size 4 1/2, her trainers a 4 and her boots a 5 so I don't really listen to the measurements anymore, I just try them on her. x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

First Shoes.... _
PostSubject: Re: First Shoes....   First Shoes.... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:43 pm

We had callums feet measures bk in may he grew out of them by july havent been back yet x
hes more into wearing trainers now x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

First Shoes.... _
PostSubject: Re: First Shoes....   First Shoes.... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 6:44 am

Tbh i didn't think much of clarks measuring. I went in 3times in a week cause i couldn't decide and each day a diff person measured her differently. I ended up buying a pair but was never that happy with them. I was in tesco one day and saw a lovely pair for £8 and i'm so happy with them. So much better than the clarks ones.
Someone recommended the Start rite website so you could try getting some on there after measuring her.xx
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

First Shoes.... _
PostSubject: Re: First Shoes....   First Shoes.... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:44 am

I also had a mother who advises me that Lily will have severe feet deformity if anything other than Clarks so much as touches her feet. I do go in there and get measured and always get her one pair from there and then normally go Next, supermarkets etc to get her another pair for messing about in and so we have a spare if one pair gets wet etc.

To be fair i have wasted money on shoes from other shops as sometimes i have found they dont fit as well and then she pulls them off!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

First Shoes.... _
PostSubject: Re: First Shoes....   First Shoes.... Empty

Back to top Go down

First Shoes....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
First Shoes.... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
First Shoes.... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
First Shoes.... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
First Shoes.... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
First Shoes.... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
First Shoes.... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
First Shoes.... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
First Shoes.... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
First Shoes.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
First Shoes.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
First Shoes.... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
First Shoes.... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
First Shoes.... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
First Shoes.... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
First Shoes.... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words