Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

How do you entertain your family in the winter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

How do you entertain your family in the winter? _
PostSubject: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:04 pm

OH rang from work to ask if when he got back at lunchtime did I want to go for a walk around the local lake/forrest park and maybe get lunch in the village. Its now started to rain and quite chilly/windy. I know I should wrap us all up and get on with it but I HATE the cold.

I would like to get out of the house as a family this afternoon but the only things I can think of cost money eg shopping Smile or taking Caitlin to local soft play & getting lunch there.

What do you do with LO's in the winter, or even with OH?
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:07 pm

do you have a local diy store that has displays of all its chrimbo stuff ? ,, ours is quite fab x x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:12 pm

How about a family swim? We're going in a couple of weeks hopefully. Local pools usually have timetables on the net. Our big local garden centre has its Christmas section open too - and it has a cafe, children's books, toys etc - bean loves belting it round in there! (everything at toddler height though!) x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:13 pm

You just reminded me that a massive dobbies garden centre opened a couple miles away Smile . Might try there for a nosey... though i'l probably end up spending money and have heard it can be quite pricey.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:01 am

^ our local dobbies has chickens and fish which might be quite interesting for caitlin, think of it as a cheap petting zoo haha
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:12 am

Ha! I ended up gong shopping at The Outlet (factory price retail park thing) Quite good, got Caitlin a Gap zip up hoody, a Gap fleece jumper & bottoms all for £22. They had 40% off otherwise would have been £40. I bought the tops in age 3, gonna get 2 winters outta these, they look a lil big but 'cosy' Laughing . I think Gap tops are small fitting anyway.... and im a tad tight Wink

I knew Id end up going shopping, will def try that dobbies place some day soon. x
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:30 am

i still take mine out for walks and bike rides and to the parks x
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:50 am

snoopy21 wrote:
Ha! I ended up gong shopping at The Outlet (factory price retail park thing) Quite good, got Caitlin a Gap zip up hoody, a Gap fleece jumper & bottoms all for £22. They had 40% off otherwise would have been £40. I bought the tops in age 3, gonna get 2 winters outta these, they look a lil big but 'cosy' Laughing . I think Gap tops are small fitting anyway.... and im a tad tight Wink

I knew Id end up going shopping, will def try that dobbies place some day soon. x

i found that with gap too. paige has a halloween top which is a age 4!!! n it fits her fine, okie the hood is a bit big, and the sleeves are slightly bit big.. but yea tight with sizes zz
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:28 am

If it's not raining we wrap up warm and go for a walk. If it's raining we do the garden centre thing or we go looking at show houses and pretend we're going to buy a house.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:33 am

We do things, like the petting zoos, local farm shops, garden centres, soft play, swimming, mad runs round the park, going to mummy friend houses.

Think weathers gunna be naff here tomorrow, so have invited some friends and babies round for an arty crafty session (with paints Shocked )..what was I thinking?
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 am

i always use to go to my nans, she loved seeing us and didnt mind watching the childrens tv lol
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:46 pm

Last year we just use to wrap up warm and go for walks just as its starting to get dark nicer near christmas go looking for christmas lights xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: How do you entertain your family in the winter?   How do you entertain your family in the winter? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you entertain your family in the winter?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
How do you entertain your family in the winter? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words