Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Jo Frost

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just watching her parental guidance on E4 I think it is, is anybody else watching it, can't beleive how much this lad is kicking off about food!! We would've got a tap on the hand or bum and sent to bed if we ever played up with food... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
J1

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:01 am

we are the same with Alice, she isnt allowed anything other than fruit or raisins if she doesnt eat her tea, the trouble is she will eat fruit all day long and would rather have it than the meal Shocked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:03 am

[/quote] Jo f-ing asseptible frost has probably not ever found herslef nearly in tears trying to get her toddler to eat just one mouthful of the meal she spent an hour making then been up innight with aforementioned and now hungry toddler. Ive now gotten to point with c where she is allowed yoghurt or raisins if she dont eat but nothing else. Id say fruit only but SHE WONT F*CKING EAT IT!!![/quote]

Hehe that made me laugh 'Jo f-ing asseptible frost'. It does my nut in all the words that she says weirdly! I have to agree, it's all very well telling parents what a bad job they're doing but she's never actually had to do it herself now has she!? Bit of empathy wouldn't go amiss!
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:13 am

Debs wrote:
I really wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

Sorry I take that back - I would wish it on Jo Frost - smug bint that she is! Gah!

xx
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:19 am

Is this the nanny? The lady that comes into the home for a couple of days to "set everything right with the world?" I hate that show! For several reasons, here is a lady who has never had kids..yet..is an expert on them. It's very easy for anyone to step into your home..judge..create a game plan and then feck off. Where is the follow up shows? Would be interesting to see where these families are today. Kids are smart...very very smart. And if it's not one thing..it will be another. Around the age of 2..these little manipulative gorgeous monsters will do anything to get your goat. They use what they can control, ie: food..toilet..sleep patterns..and even their screechy temper tantrums. It's simply a matter of power and control, and if they see a weakness or crack in the fortress..they will do like any one being constantly told what to do...rebel! Remember they are mini versions of us, and want what we are having. Remember..JO Frost is a paid actor now..who makes millions on what we already know how to do. Just keep trucking and do what works for you. Everyone is an expert in someone else's life! xxx
Back to top Go down
xx maxi xx

xx maxi xx

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:30 am

Jamie will be a good eater for weeks and then turn into the most fussy eater ever and will refuse everything. Most seem to be in the same boat after reading this so i can only think its an age thing, an age when there gaining independence and they are tasting what its like to be in control. At least i hope so and live in hope the fussyness will stop by the time he starts school Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:44 am

I hope no one mis-understood my post on this thread as what I was trying to say was that i will be trying my utmost hardest (if that's even proper English) to not have a fussy eater, but that's not to say thaty little one won't be. I know how hard and frustrating it can get when trying to get a child to eat at work, but there we can pass it to another person and let them try whereas at home you can't.

Sorry if anyone took my message the wrong way XX
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 am

Aw siob dont worry about it. All you can ever do is your best. I think all most of us were saying is sometimes things aint cut and dried, kidslike to chuck a few banana skins in (scuse the pun) no matter what you do
#
Thats the nice thing about banda, even if wedont disagree theres always room for healthy debate and exchanges of opinions and sometimes i think everyone gains simething
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 am

Aw Siobhan, what we are trying to say is we all had good intentions in the beginning and in an ideal world our LO's would eat the healthiest of food and lots of it but in reality they are little people with their own minds and no matter what you do they have different ideas.

I certainly didn't take anything the wrong way Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:05 am

Siobhan don't feel like that, I was over the moon when ava ate all her fruit and veggies, we all want the best for our lil ones and will face the challenges as they come to us. I know where you're coming from as i had the same diet as you growing up and my hubbys was even worse!
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:06 am

Chloe is generally a good eater. I was a terribly fussy eater as a child, I refused to eat most things except junk food, I still remember my mum leaving me sat in the dining room for what felt like hours, and not letting me leave the table until I'd eaten something. I was the same throughout my life until I left school and learnt to cook, then I became interested in food and started trying more, I'll eat anything now!

I hope Chloe stays the way she is, because she really will eat anything. (She must take after her Dad!)

Back to Jo Frost though, I hate everything she stands for, we never had naughty steps, naughty corners, reward charts or anything like that, we simply knew that if we didn't behave we'd be in lots of trouble! I think it's a load of old tosh
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:13 am

Do use tim out or naughty corner but thats not to do with her, i need the sane time sometimes. I think some of her stuff is ok but to be fair most of it is common sense stuff shes repackaged as her own
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:24 am

Mario love that - common sense she's repackaged as her own Laughing

Stuart tried time out with Caitlin at tea time and i had to intervene. She was throwing her dinner about so he started by turning her highchair away from the table after telling her no. This resulted in screaming, he would then turn her back and she would throw more. I told him I was happy to get her a youghurt but he wanted to see it through Rolling Eyes . I left the table & went into living room. Could then hear loud screams, pauses, hysterical screams, pause, wailing etc... turned out he had been putting her in cot for 1min, then back to highchair were she would scream - then back to cot were she would scream again.... (we live in a bugalow)

In the end I had to tell him it wasnt working & Caitlin was shaking & sniffing and definitely not going to sit and eat. I ended up showing her a youghurt and she calmed and let me put her in chair. Stuart wanted to show her that she needs to sit at table and eat nicely but at 15mths I dont think she capable of understanding why she was being put in and out of cot.

Sorry iv gone on a bit - again Embarassed
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:27 am

this thread has made me depressed, its given me a glimpse of the future and it don't look pretty!
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:32 am

Hannah is a great eater thank god. but occasionally she will play up and not eat properly and that one random day where she does this its so worrying. I think I honestly would cry every single day if she was a fussy eater. I dont know how you ladies with fussy eaters do it.

I likejo frost Embarassed but totally see what you mean. It is common sense ive never once thought oh I will do that because I already do, my own way. I like some of her ideas like the dummy fairy. x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:37 am

if a child refuses to eat, the more of a song and dance u make about it the more of a fuss the child will make. im a mum of 3 fussy eaters. started off with all the best intentions, brill wee eaters till they turn a year and then... skitso temper tantrums at meal times. i have kinda chucked the towel in and if alasdair chooses to eat his toast and nutella rather than his home cooked meal, i let him. he would rather sit with a huge plate of fruits than a meal Sad iv resorted to feed on demand with him. i have nibbles out all day, finger foods. especially pasta, i know he likes that. he wanders back and forth all day. iv faught all the sit down meal battles under the sun and believe me, u wont win. if anything it makes the kid even more determined to chuck the plate on the floor. taylor is 10 now and megan 8. i played the "u WILL eat this" game and still to this day, i never win that war.
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:46 am

I only posted cos I was shocked that they were letting a 7 year old dictate what happens at a dinner table. There have been times when I've been in tears cos Harry won't eat a meal I made for him and it took me ages to cook, I'm not saying that because your toddler doesn't eat what you give them that you're a bad mum. I'm saying that when children get to the age of 5 they shouldn't be given the option of having a plate of Haribo at a wedding just to keep them quiet. If they are that hungry they will eat what is given to them. No matter how fussy Harry can be I don't give in and give him crap and I never will (by crap I mean sweets chocolate and crisps etc)
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:44 pm

No i do agree with that semo and ive bought c pudding for afters before now and then refused to give it to herbecause she wont eat her main so she has had raisins instead or yoghurt as those are the only options she gets if she doesnt eat her dinner and thats only so shes not up hungry in the night. And yes i do think its a bit different when a 7 year ol does that to a 1-2 year old who is simply trying to assert themselves. I dont think anyone was jumping on anyone else just giving different sides from thosewho have good eaters and those who dont.

I was a horrendously fussy eater as a child as was my youngest sister and we are both better these days, i still have certain foods like berries or sweetcorn i cnt abide but by and large i eat well. My middle sis ate anything you put in front of her and these days lives on pot noodle and pizza and i doubt has eaen a vegentable since she left home. Weird how we grew out of being fussy and she grew into it.

If anything im probably too rabid about getting fruit and veg into her and sometimes by end of day let her have something like bread or something heay because ive finally acheived a decent amount of veg/fruit. I think food is something most parents fret about and when they stop doing that they find something else to worry about and so on. People like Beelzebub Frost play on those worries and fears for the good of their own careers.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:20 pm

I completely agree Semo, I would never let Libby dictate what we have for dinner and I have never resorted to giving her crisps or chocolate, usually if she won't eat her dinner she gets fruit, thats it, however in the past we have given her peanut butter on toast purely for calorific value, but this would be after her not eating a decent meal for days.

Like Mario said I certainly wasn't jumping on anyones comments, I was purely giving another perspective, food is the one thing with Libby that I have always been concerned about - even from as early as 4 months when she stopped gaining weight. It's just a sore subject with me.

Smile xx
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:51 pm

I suppose I was jumping on peoples comments personally but I stand by my statements. I just think it's very easy to judge people when you haven't been in the position yourself. I do disagree with Semo's (not a personal attack hun - just my opinion) comment about keeping kids quiet. I am getting married next year and have a LOT of kids coming. I am extremely concious of the fact that weddings drag on and kids get bored so will be providing sweets and treats to keep them occupied. If it was a choice between my child completely disturbing somebody's special day and interupting the expensive meal and the speaches or giving them a bag of haribos to keep them quiet them absolutely I would! If my child associates weddings with sweets - so what?? It's not as if I would do it at home and we don't go to many weddings/christenings. If I sacrifice my childs 5 a day for the sake of 80 other peoples comfort and enjoyment then OMG yes I would!

xx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:08 pm

I have always been a fussy eater, I'm geting better now simply because I understand that I need fruit/veg so I force myself to eat it, I don't like it thouh and don't think I ever will! SOme food I simply can't eat because of the texture or smell!
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:19 am

I hate to say it but once at school it only gets worse in my experience. Well from age 4 anyway.
The kids see what others are doing and then bam they don't like something. Tommy use to eat literally anything I put down! He was a brilliant little eater, then he went to school and they did lunches, next thing I know he stopped eating all veg, went off potatoes and chicken etc all because the other kids at school didn't like it! Drove me insane!
I agree it's completely different with a very young child because their understanding is limited, so in your cases absolutely I'd do as you all have a give what I know they would eat but also have something different there as well so that the option in there!
Because tommy was much older I did tell him he's not having anything else, he did go to bed hungry a couple of times. I stand by what I did as it worked for me.

Every now and then ill get told he doesn't like what I've given him but I know what he will and won't eat and he's just being a pain.

The boy that was in the programme did very well once the parents got tough, sometimes I think it's the only way. Mainly because it was more a behavioural thing rather than an actual issue with food.
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:50 am

Yeah Debs I understand how you would want to keep them quiet as its an important occasion, but Toby (my cousins little boy) would've eaten the meal they had on the menu but because there was a tub of Haribo and chocolate digestives on offer he would rather have that. He even came up to Harry and asked what he was eating (he was on the same as us) and wanted to try it. It just baffles me that they would want to give him shite instead xxx

LOL @ Mario - beelzebub frost, thats not very asseptible is it Razz

And Susan, I can only imagine how worrying it can be to have a child who wont gain weight and won't eat, I don't think I have the right to try to understand until I've been there myself. And by the sounds of it I probably will lol xxx

Love you all ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Yet another example of this yesterday we were at my nieces party where it was sanwiches which alice wont touch anyway and because the cake was on the table she wouldnt eat the sausages, sausage rolls or mini eggs, SIL had also put pom bears out before hand which Alice had filled up on.

for the 1st time yesterday she had nothing for afters, i wouldnt let her! my god did we get some screaming, tantrums and tears, because everyone else was having it! but no, i am standing my ground with her, we have kindof let her get away with it up to now especially the last week while she has been ill.!
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Semo hun - I really do hope Haribo never goes through the 'phase' lol - it's bloody awful!

Jo - I know exactly what that's like. If Thomas so much as spies something other than what he is being offered he screams blue murder. I'm like you - I will not give in and I most certainly wont be seen to be 'rewarding' the behaviour by giving in or giving cake but good god is it hard! lol.

Ah well nobody ever said this mummy malarky would be easy - thank god I have you lot to keep me sane!!

xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Ah Semo, love you too!! Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Jo Frost - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Jo Frost   Jo Frost - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jo Frost

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Jo Frost - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words