Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

2 Car Seats in Car...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:53 am

When I have Aimee's car seat and the baby car seat in my car I dont have enough space to get anybody/anything inbetween them.

Its a bit of a pain because obviously it leaves me with only one seat in the front, which is fine if its just me and my OH, but also restricts us from having anybody else in the car.

Also, if we did have a third child at any point, we would need to get another car as there is no room for another seat.

Is this pretty normal? x
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:11 am

i think it is hun SIL and BIL cant fit anyone else in the back with the twins car seats they have a wv bora so a fairly big family car

my other BIL and SIL are in the process of getting a new car because they have logan whos 2 liam whos 12 and a new on on the way in January and they cant fit the whole family in the car and they have a vw polo

and no way on earth would we fit 2 car seats and some one in the middle and we have a vauxhall astra so yeah i think its a pretty normal thing
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:15 am

I can just about squeeze in between two car seats in the back of our car (ford fiesta) but no way could we put a 3rd in the back! You would defo have to have a bigger car for 3 kids.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:31 am

Ive gotten 3 car seats in my car and have friends who have but we all have big cars - primera, laguna etc

Otherwise you have options to get a peoplecarrier or make em walk lol
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:34 am

hence my reasonings for buying a 7 passenger! My jeep just would not allow a car seat and available seating for all of us. We looked like a bunch of circus clowns spilling out. xxx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:56 am

Yup, normal!!! we could possibly squeeze someone in but havent tried, if the tank is in the boot too we are screwed for shopping!

we have a megane btw, mondeo next!!
Back to top Go down
Jayne,Riley&Lana

Jayne,Riley&Lana

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:03 am

hi i have a scenic megane only 5 passanger 1 and i think 3 would fit in ive had 2 in with my oh and mum in car and my oh had plenty of room in the middle the car has 3 proper seats in the back though if u get wot i mean xx
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:06 am

We have had oh mum in the middle but we have a big 4x4. My sil has an 8yr old, 2yr old and baby in the back of her megan scenic x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:23 am

deffo normal!!

7 seaters FTW
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:29 am

We've been thinking about this alot recently, we bought a new car sear for Libby and with that and the old one (which we'll keep for the baby) there's hardly any room, and the problem is that we take step daughter out every weekend and she's a tall 12 year old. We've got a Honda Jazz at the moment and Simon has been looking at Zafiras but we're going to see how it goes for now and change if need be.

xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:34 am

We have to keep our car for 3 yeas yet so ppl just gonna walk
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:37 am

it's pretty normal

we have a ford focus with two britax car seats which is fine for when it's just us, but we can't fit an adult in the back, we just manage to fit my 5yr old niece in the middle but she looks squished

think when baby no3 comes a new car will be very necessary
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:11 am

when we had caleb (no3)...we had a golf. we lasted about 3 days before we couldnt cope anymore with such a tight squeeze. poor kids were packed in, the door literally only just shut.
so we went and bought an xsara picasso, and we love it! would never have anything else for as long as the kids live at home xx
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:13 am

we went away for a long weekend in september, and we fit EVERYTHING in the boot!...........
2 prams
travel cot
microwave
clothes for 5 of us
food for 5 days
bottles and steriliser
x
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:18 am

Weve got a golf with 2 maxi-cosis in, and my niece can get in the middle but no one else could!!

Were looking at getting a 4x4 next year because even now with the kids and the pram.....we can hardly get any shopping in!

Better get saving Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:37 am

We've got a Vectra and we can fit the two kid's seats and an adult in the back. It's not luxury travel by any stretch of the imagination but it's not too uncomfortable. OHs daughter sits in the back all the time and although she moans (she is 17 - she is always moaning Rolling Eyes Laughing ) she is fine. I have sat between them with my size 16 arse and it's ok. Since having Hannah we have had a Mondeo and an Insignia on hire and they were tighter, we have also had them both in my dad's Octavia and that's fine too. All big cars but I would say the Vectra is the roomiest.

Thomas is in a group 1 seat at the mo which is huge and bulky and Hannah is in the infant carrier. I am getting Thomas a group 1 2 3 soon which is a bit narrower so hopefully will be more comfortable in the back. I would say by the time the third one comes along the first and second could be in group 1 2 3 which would fit fine with an infant carrier in a big car.

xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:42 am

I am looking at getting Aimee the next seat up so its a bit narrower.

Im not too worried about baby no. 3 yet... need to squeeze this one out first Shocked

It would be handy being able to squeeze somebody in the back if we need to. Ahh well, as long as they are in, im not too worried x
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:49 am

Ah well hun - look at it this way - at least you wont have to ferry Amy around Wink

xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:54 am

I have fitted a car seat plus 2 *large* people in the back, so I can't think for a minute that the car seats would be wider than that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:23 am

I think the problem is isofix because they are set at where they sit in the car and are central leaving no space in the middle x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:25 am

Yeh thats quite likely - mine is belted, so as long as the actual car seat is flat enough and seat belts near the edge I can gain a few inches by moving it towards the door
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:34 am

i had a fiesta befor and could just about squeeze a person in but no way another car seat
now in my zafira i reckon i can fit 3 in, just have the problem that the middle is a lap belt Rolling Eyes but will upgrade to one with 3x3point belts(another zafira) when needs be x
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:08 am

Yep I had to change my car, got a crossover now (1/2 normal 1/2 4x4 looking) thinking loads of room.... With the 2seats just get oh son in middle, that's it I prob could at a squeeze. But not comfortable.
The pushchair takes the whole boot get 1bag in down the side! It's a squeeze! Sad
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:11 am

Yup normal hun.

Do what i did and buy a bus Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:20 am

hehehe I knew you were going to mention your bus!

I want a people carrier ...but Dan refuses to go there Rolling Eyes Hence why we STILL don't have a new car, cant agree what to get Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

2 Car Seats in Car... _
PostSubject: Re: 2 Car Seats in Car...   2 Car Seats in Car... Empty

Back to top Go down

2 Car Seats in Car...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
2 Car Seats in Car... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words