Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

hi all second opinions from diff hospital

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
jewbag86

Edit MY profile

hi all second opinions from diff hospital _
PostSubject: hi all second opinions from diff hospital   hi all second opinions from diff hospital EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:30 pm

ok so if ur on my fb then u will know jody been poorly and in hospital but is home now . any how . this is what i was greeted with this evening and she has done the same about 4 times this week . she was in hosp with d and v was asleep from wed night to last monday so 5 days then seemed better tollerating milk so allowed home . she is tollerating milk but then does this . and scremes for hours after she was a reflux baby so used to being sick when she was little so doesnt usually make such a fuss if u get what i mean . went back to doc on fri but cause she is ok in herself most of time and not dehydrating they happy to leave her and do nothing i mean HELLLO ok she is staying huyrated but surly that amount of puke is not good 4 times a week if not more . cani get a second opinion from a diff hospital as all ones up mine all say she is ok . if so will my current hospiatl have to know ?? i dont know what else i can do but obv winter is hear and s and d bug is just a common 24 hour bug yet does this to her . she had loads of test when she was born for conditions and motabilim they all ok but that was then whats to say its not changed now ?? sorry for rant but as u can guess i cant sleep lol ....
hi all second opinions from diff hospital IMG_2316
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: hi all second opinions from diff hospital   hi all second opinions from diff hospital EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Hun i really feel for you. It is a very upsetting picture Sad

I kinda know how you feel, Sam is a very sicky baby (never a reflux baby) but he gets bugs very easy and it takes him ages to get over it. He does those kinds of vomts daily when hes ill. Its very worrying. Luckily he now seems ok and is finally putting weight on.

Obviously the hospital have said shes fine but your her mum and if you think theres something wrong then keep at the doctors.

Go back to your gp and ask to be referred somewhere else (not sure if they will refer you to a different hospital)

Not sure what else to suggest. Is she still on any medication for the reflux? Maybe ask for her medication to be looked at again.

xx
Back to top Go down
jewbag86

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: hi all second opinions from diff hospital   hi all second opinions from diff hospital EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:44 pm

she was on 4 types of meds when she was little they done sod all but make her have belly cramps so was more unsettled . but i plan to keep on and on and on till i get somwhere .if we dont fight for them who else will hey xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: hi all second opinions from diff hospital   hi all second opinions from diff hospital EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Oh hun I'm so sorry, poor Jody Sad

If you on't think she's righ in herself push it with your gp, you etiled to a second opinion x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: hi all second opinions from diff hospital   hi all second opinions from diff hospital EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Its a diffucult one as, if she is hydrated, there is little the doctor can do. Sometimes with D and V bugs the vomiting can last up to 9/10 days the diarrhoea a fortight. The main thing you can do is keep bubba hydrated and let their body fight the bug off. If they give antibiotics i can make things worse by causing antibiotic related d and v.

I do agree though if you are concerned to keep seeing your doctor but unfortunately it may mean riding the storm bit longer til she perks up. Its good she is now keeping oral food and fluid down though. Is that milk she was having and is tha usually whats making her sick? If so might be worth sticking to clear fluids only for a few days, a couple days without milk wont harm and clear fluids sit easier in stomach.

Also might be worth going back to the things you try or a reflx baby so tiny amounts often rather than letting her chug anything as her stomach is probably sensitive at the moment and likely to eject large volumes of food and fluid so try halfing hw much drink and food you give but twice as often - same as they suggest for reflux. And keeping her still and upright for 30 mins after food or fluid to avoid jostilng her tummy too much. And ask doc to review her meds. Sometimes reflux can rear its head again and it might be worth them tring her with ranitidine to reduce her stomach acid or domperidone to control her sickness til she feels etter

Hope shes on the mend soon
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: hi all second opinions from diff hospital   hi all second opinions from diff hospital EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Oh your poor little sausage, I really hope she starts to feel better soon.
X
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: hi all second opinions from diff hospital   hi all second opinions from diff hospital EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Ah the poor darling, that pic really upsets me.

When my first DD was little she got a sick bug and couldn't tolerate dairy for months after. I would suggest cutting dairy out all together for a couple of days and see how she goes. NHS Direct gave us the advice to cut out dairy. It worked for us.

Hope she feels better soon
x x x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: hi all second opinions from diff hospital   hi all second opinions from diff hospital Empty

Back to top Go down

hi all second opinions from diff hospital

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
hi all second opinions from diff hospital Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words