Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage

Edit MY profile

Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? _
PostSubject: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 am

Only just thought about it, me and Taylas have been really ill all week just thinking it was normal flu with a bit of a sickness bug too.
But do u think it could be swine flu?? Shocked
We have docs app tomoz x
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:05 am

Nothing really, its just a stronger strain of normal flu where anti b's werent working x
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:06 am

id say its swine flu if you have the sickness too Sad hope you are both feeling better soon xx
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:10 am

yea they thought i had swine flu the other week due to the fact i had the flu like stuff (hot n cold sweats, shakes.. n what not) but i was lose from both ends Toilet Sick Puke2
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:14 am

So whats the advise these days do i still go to the docs? R they still doing vaccines for the lo's? Tayla never had one....and to be honest i totally forgot about the whole thing!
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:17 am

i went to the docs, they said if my temp got worse to go to a n e (or to call them n then get a jab x
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:18 am

I disagree I think, I was always told that the swine flu strain characteristics are a sudden onset cough, with sore throat too, and a temp above 38/39.

xxx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:19 am

Swine flu is just another flu variant.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:23 am

I have every ache n pain possible. I felt much better yesterday but no back to how i felt on tuesday.
I dont want to be a drama queen though i hate going to the docs as it is but would rather tay be checked over.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:43 am

Swine flu is just this year's marketing programme for flu designed to make us all panic and sell more vaccines

Get well soon
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:47 am

I was convinced me and Caitlin had swine flu cpl weeks ago. Startd with cough/tight chest then sore throat, sinus, aching all over. I was sweaty and exhausted on and off for 10 days or more.

I looked up nhs direct and swine flu similar to other flu's the dif is it starts with a very hight temp. Dont think i did have it, ended up going to the dr's when we seemed to get worse again after being better for a week and the dr said there was a bad viral infection going about. He'd had 10 toddlers in that day all with same thing.

Me & Caitlin arent vaccinated for swine flu either. All the info I read said that the treatment for it only works if given withing 48hrs of symptoms starting and reduced symptoms by 1-2 days. If you recovering fine i wouldnt worry too much. You have my sympathy, Caitlins nose still running and I still have a cough on ond off - thats since 26th Jan!!!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:49 am

By the way the dr said with a viral infection all he could recommend was calpol/neurofen.

He did sound caitlins chest and check her throat & ears to put my mind at ease about needing anti-b's but they were clear. Her nose ran green & she coughed on and off for a fortnight!

Hope tay ok, x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:52 am

Thanks snoopy. Yeh just want to make sure she hasnt got a chest/ear/throat infection. She keeps waking up coughing/choking/sicking us phlem bless her Sad
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:01 am

Better safe than sorry with wee one's. Dr said you can see 10 toddlers and 9 will have viral infection that just needs waited out, (still miserable to have Crying or Very sad )but there will be 1 tot who needs anti-b's and some times you cant tell until they checked over. I sound like a bad mum but I actually wished caitlin had a bacterial infection as at least anti b's have them feeling better in a few days.

Hope you get an appointment 2moro x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:18 pm

I think everyone panics when they get flu thinking its swine flu just instincts x
Ive been told its like flu but worse you physically cant move xwhetcher thats true i wudnt know xx

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?   Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the diff between normal flu and swine?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Whats the diff between normal flu and swine? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words