Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Online grocery shopping

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Online grocery shopping _
PostSubject: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:27 pm

Does anybody do it?

I am in desperate need of a big (huge!) shop. The cupboards are bare and the fridge is empty, even the freezer has run right down. Problem is my OH is working late all week and studying for an important exam next week when he gets home so I don't want to disturb him by asking him to do it or asking him to have the kids whilst i do it Online grocery shopping Icon_neutral

I just logged in to asda online and booked my delivery slot etc but when I came to start shopping I don't really know where to start Online grocery shopping Icon_scratch . My biggest problem is I am so fussy about the things I buy Online grocery shopping Icon_redface I have to inspect all the fruit and veg to make sure they have no bruises or black bits etc and I always fish through all the meat to find the freshest looking bits with the least fat on them (pork loins/bacon/steaks etc). Everything else like milk, yoghurts, eggs etc I have to get from the back where they put the newest packs with the longest use by dates on etc etc etc

So now I'm worrying that whoever it is that 'picks' my order will just chuck in the stuff that other shoppers (like me) have rejected and I will end up being very dissapointed with my shopping Online grocery shopping Icon_rolleyes
Wish I wasn't such a control freak!!! Online grocery shopping Icon_redface Online grocery shopping Icon_redface Online grocery shopping Icon_redface

Looks like I'll be going late tonight after the kids have gone to bed and we have eaten - oh joy! can't wait!

xx
Back to top Go down
marie

marie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Im exactly the same

I actually tried online shopping with Asda, for first time 2 weeks ago... booked my slot... took me 2 hours to add everything,, came to baby section they did'nt have the nappies i wanted in adam size... they didnt do big bottles of water... or hardly any weight watcher stuff

and it came to £20 extra, so in the end i got annoyed, and didnt bother

i know some people who swear shopping online is the way forward... it just is'nt for me x
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:12 pm

Waitrose are great for online shopping as they check all the dates etc and they give you an inventory with your shop that details all the use by dates etc. The problem is that they are a bit more expensive but i have found them to be the only one i have been happy with in terms of the quality of the stuff as i am quite picky like you! None of the fruit is bruised and the meat is always good quality. They often email voucers for 20% off your shop if you have it on a certain day etc. I tend to use them to get my nice stuff and then do a monthly big order with one of the cheaper ones to get in all the basics x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:16 pm

I wish we had Waitrose by us, closest is 30 miles - but far for the shopping and the dont deliver here boohoo
AT least they do order and collect though
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Of the big stores, we found sainsburys the best OR if you have the pennies - ocado (waitrose) are the bee's knees. Sainsbury's are still quite new to the scene so have less online and the drivers are a bit dim... ASDA was the worst by far though! Once had half my shopping missing (all baby food stuffs inc. milk) and the teenage berk who delivered it really didn't care and told me he was finished for the day. Later found out from his manager that was a big fat lie!

We've used all the main four (those two above + tesco and asda) and honestly - the amount of times there were missing items or really random and annoying subsitutions (that don't even make sense!) was pretty much every shop.

Each one has a different system but I'm sure it's sainsbury and ocado who do a one hour time slot - which is much more preferable - and will recompense you with a voucher if they are late (sainsburys do £5, can't remember with ocado as they were never late!)

BEFORE you do a shop though, have a search for 'first time shop' codes with whichever store you choose. Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert often has them. usually £10 off 1st shop.

If you go with tesco and have a clubcard - and register it before you shop - there may be suggested items on there that you have already bought by the way. Still, tesco customer service is a shocker - they really don't give two hoots. And they win with the random substitutions and offers that you miss out on as a result.

Hope that helps! Let me know if can give anymore info - I'm particularly good at complaints and money-off vouchers as a result Laughing

Oh - and a big tip - reserve your slot, do your shop to the best of what you think you need and to the minimum cost (usually £40-£50)- THEN pay and checkout but check when the latest is you can amend your order. Eg. I'd do a shop on a thursday for saturday delivery, but had all of friday (up to about 10pm) to add / change / remove items - and that is with the delivery slot booked Very Happy (Just be careful though, if you don't check out again some places will cancel your order. Others are better and will delivery your original order if you forget to check out again or run out of time). xx

Last edited by JaffleBeanNBump on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

i generally use asda online for the basics & heavy stuff like tins, freezer stuff, pop etc.

i am like you debs and have to pick the best of the fresh stuff so i do half and half lol
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Ive only done online shopping once that was cos i didnt have a car it was sainsburys and half the stuff i wanted they didnt deliver but it was ok for fizzy n heavy bits xx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:21 pm

I'm not on commission for ocado (waitrose)- honest - but they only sell you stuff that is in stock - so only sometimes have to do substitutions - but even then you can tell them (as with all the shops) that you don't want replacements. I have a £25 voucher atm from them cos of a bit of plastic in some pancakes that I played merry hell about - bless em Wink
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:32 pm

JaffleBeanNBump wrote:
I'm not on commission for ocado (waitrose)- honest - but they only sell you stuff that is in stock - so only sometimes have to do substitutions - but even then you can tell them (as with all the shops) that you don't want replacements. I have a £25 voucher atm from them cos of a bit of plastic in some pancakes that I played merry hell about - bless em Wink

This is why i love waitrose as you don't get silly replacements and you know what they have or haven't got!

Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:30 am

I use tesco pretty much every week - helps me stick to a budget and saves on the stress of a 'family outing' to a busy shop haha i quite like them and usually get what i want.

once i have done the tesco shop (we add stuff to it through the week then order it at the end) if there is still money in our weekly budget i take that out in cash so we have some pennies around Smile

how very growup Very Happy i found that you can click the 'do not replace' if theres something you really wouldnt accept anything else for and its fine
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:39 am

its not for me either. I get to the end and Im just not convinced I have everything I need. It just frustrates me no end and I would rather just go shopping. hannahs no bother anyway we have a great time running up and down the aisles in the trolley Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:50 am

I love it! It makes my life so much easier! I use Sainsburys most, although I do get most of my veg and meat from the local farmers shop near to me! So I sort of do half and half!

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:16 am

yeah we get our meat and stuff from the local butchers round the corner - i like that i can go back through the week and get more/take stuff out if needs be Smile
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:53 am

Funnily enough we've literally just had a delivery from Asda, I personally love it especially as the only time we get a chance to get there is at weekends in Boston (and if anyone know Boston, it is FULL of foreigners and chavs!!!) and it drives us crazy. With regards to fruit/veg/meat etc. I just go to my local tesco in town for those small bits so I can choose the ones I want. xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Online grocery shopping   Online grocery shopping Empty

Back to top Go down

Online grocery shopping

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Online grocery shopping Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Online grocery shopping Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Online grocery shopping Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Online grocery shopping Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Online grocery shopping Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Online grocery shopping Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Online grocery shopping Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Online grocery shopping Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Online grocery shopping Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Online grocery shopping Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Online grocery shopping Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Online grocery shopping Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Online grocery shopping Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Online grocery shopping Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Online grocery shopping Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words