Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper _
PostSubject: Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper   Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 9:54 am

Has anyone's LO's turned from being brill at getting to sleep to suddenly creating at bed/nap times?

Oliver's started a good few weeks ago and he started crying when we put him to bed, but he'd just cry a while and settle down..then he started getting out of his bed after putting him down at nap/bed time and crying at the door..now he's waking in the middle of the night and he's up 3-4times in a night. At 1st I thought it was seperation anxiety..so we read a story before bed (something he was never interested in before) and I reasure him that we are just down stairs, but it doesn't seem to help confused

I have to go in a few times and he'll get straight into bed again but 2 mins later he's crying at the door Mad I'm doing the simple 'guide them into bed, no convo routine'
But now he's waking during the night, i get up and he gets straight back into bed and goes to sleep again..but then it happens again within a couple of hours scratch

I remember bragging to my friend about how Oliver goes down no probs at bed times and she said the 'you wait - the time will come!! lol' geez she was so right Sad
Am exhausted Sleep
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper   Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 10:03 am

Nooo..I hope this isn't to come for us too - I hate being woken up!

I have no advice, sounds like are doing what I would be doing anyway!

I don't suppose he is getting cold is he? Maybe thats why he wakes after a couple of hours?
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper   Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 10:16 am

No, he did have a cold but it was a few weeks back now. I was reading up and thought it could be sleep deprivation (apparently it can cause sleep disturbances) so have been adding an extra half hour to his afternoon nap, so he's having a good 3hrs now Shocked then he sleeps 11-12hrs a night.

Thought it could be his molars he's just got his top back ones through this past month. But it doesn't really explain the carry on at each bed time but then stops suddenly when I go in scratch
I have noticed a bit of separation anxiety lately anyway so we have been dealing with that - having lots of one to one time, reassuring him and continuing to talk to him when I leave the room etc..and that seems to have worked well.

Lol, lets hope Izzy skips that bit Laughing Although my friends little girl who's 3wks older than Oliver is going through the same thing too - very odd!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper   Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 10:29 am

It is very odd, I think it must be something thats waking him, so maybe it is his teeth

Hope it doesnt go on to long..for both of your sakes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper   Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:56 am

evan was the opposite he was a terrible sleeper but now sleeps great

i can only really tell u what we done but im not sure it would work with oliver as he is older and not in a cot anymore but we ended up jst having to leave evan to cry it out until he gave up and realised i wasnt going to get him
but with evan in the cot obviously he cudnt get up so it was easier to leave him to cry and know he was ok
maybe u cud try leaving him to cry but not sure he wud go back into bed himself or maybe end up crashing out on the floor at his door

sorry ive not been much help
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper   Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:17 am

I've never really done the controlled crying as such, I would put him down in bed and if he got out i'd time 2mins then go in, no fuss, guide him into bed and leave again and we were doing this time and time again.

But...

Yesterday we had a breakthrough Very Happy I put him down for a nap as usual and he got out as usual so I went back, he got back in bed and I left the room but I left the door open..well, he stayed putt Very Happy and went to sleep.
I did it again at bed time and left the door open and again he stayed putt again Very Happy He did still wake up during the night (4am'ish) but that was it till 8am.

Am just hoping were back on the right track now fingers crossed.

I've come to the conclusion that maybe the nightlights/gro egg light was casting shadows that were maybe scaring him, and that whats scaring him when it comes to bed time. scratch
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper   Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:25 am

I had this about a month ago Zee, Chloe has never ever come into our bed at night, and always went down without any fuss, then all of a sudden she refused to stay in bed and most nights would fall asleep on the landing through sheer exhaustion, but then 2am and she'd be standing at the side of our bed shouting 'Morning'. We ignored her if she wouldn't go to bed, I just shut the stairgate and went downstairs and let her get on with it, and if she got up, I'd put her back to bed without talking to her and keep doing it until she'd give in. It lasted for 2 weeks, then just stopped, no idea why. I've put it down to a phase
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper   Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Empty

Back to top Go down

Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Sound sleeper to a troublesome sleeper Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words