Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

What do you ladies think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

What do you ladies think? _
PostSubject: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:13 am

OK so up until I went on maternity leave with Libby I had worked full time in the same company since I was 16 - a good 10 years. They had always closed earlyish on the xmas days, it was always just me and my 2 male bosses so was never an issue.

Now though since I've been back I work part time, from 1 til 5. They got the hump last year because they closed early and of course that meant I didnt work many hours (baring in mind it THEIR choice to close early). They told me at the beginning of the year that I would have to take the days as holidays or make the time up, this may sound fair but there is now another employee, they havent even mentioned him taking the time as holiday or making the time up.

So today they printed off the xmas opening times, now xmas eve they are closing at 1 and the days between xmas and new year closing at 1. I have taken the 29th and 31st off as holiday (only have 2 days left to take). I mentioned to my boss about cancelling the 2 days holiday as they are not open anyway and he bit my head off saying it's irrelevant to me and I have to take them as holiday. I just think it's really unfair that just because I am part time I have to take the days as holidays yet the other employee will just be given the time off, its their choice to close early not mine.

Now Simon has said that I should tell them I'm happy to work those afternoons but not on my own, which means the other employee will have to work too.

What do you ladies think, does it sound petty? Should I just let it go?

Sorry for the long post!! xxx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:23 am

There must be some sort of legal issue I'm sure. I know Kate is good with HR stuff so she will prob know.

I don't think it's petty at all and I would think they would have to come up with something x
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:36 am

I think that they should swivvel. They're dictating to you as they're not open. They should have given you fair notice as you possibly needed to save up holiday hours. I know some companies have an enforced shut down (like engineering companies) but they're told well in advance and all have to use their hols over this time. x
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:40 am

Thanks for the reply Laura.

I just dont want to bring it up again and sound petty or bitter but the way I see it is they are happy to give the other employee the hours off no questions asked but it's a huge problem for me. They pissed me off anyway because they get arsey if I have any time off for MW/scans etc they make out its the end of the world - I've only had 3 afternoons off this whole pregnancy!! Mad xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:43 am

Ooops sorry Lisa, didnt see your post.

They did tell me at the beginning of the year that I would have to use my holidays etc. BUT I kept asking them what times they are actually opening so I can sort it out. They just kept saying they hadnt thought about it yet, they still didnt even tell me before they printed off the opening times (we have to send them to clients as their insurance policies will fall due over xmas), I just happen to see the flyers.

Its mainly the fact that this other employee doesnt have to take the time as holiday, I just think its so unfair. xxx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:45 am

i am pretty sure if they dont open and its your contracted day of work you should still get paid, or they should provide the extra holidays to cover it like they have to do with Bank holidays now
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:48 am

The horror's! That's so unfair. It should be one rule for all unless you have it stipulated in your contract.
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:50 am

They absolutely cannot do that!! Id be ruddy fuming!

If they choose to close early then you should also have that time off, or like you said provide someone to work with you.

But it is discrimination to single you out to use holidays and not expect every other member of the team to do EXACTLY the same!!!

GGGGrrrrrr Im so mad...........on your behalf!!!!
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:51 am

See thats my thinking too Jo, the official opening times are 9am - 5pm, I work 1 til 5, if they decide to close early then surely thats their tough shit??

Lisa, I haven't had a revised contract since being back but in my old one it just said xmas/holidays are at the directors discretion Rolling Eyes

xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:53 am

LisaM, thanks. I know it does make me mad, the thing is they make me feel as though I am taking the piss not them, because I dont work as many hours as them. xx
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:54 am

I would query it, doesn't sound at all legal to me! What does it say in your contract?
They are discriminating against you as a part timer. are there any other part time workers there?
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:57 am

Like I said Kell, I havent had a new contract since going part time and my old one is very vague about holidays and I dont think it even mentions xmas. No, there are no other part timers - just me, its a very small business, just my 2 bosses, the other employee and me. xx
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:58 am

Susan,Libby+1 wrote:
LisaM, thanks. I know it does make me mad, the thing is they make me feel as though I am taking the piss not them, because I dont work as many hours as them. xx

Yes you dont work as many hours.............but also you dont get full pay!!!

You absolutely have a right to 'equal rights'.......no matter how many hrs u work!

They cant agree to reduce ure hrs hun, and then basically punish you for it

Aswell as my other job, I am also a Union Rep (have took a back seat over the years, because 'bad' managers really wind me up)
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 7:10 am

I can understand how they can wind you up!!!

I might mention it again when the other boss is back off holiday - maybe sit them both down and tell them I'm not happy about it.

This isn't the only thing theyve done since me being back, for example when I told them I was pregnant this time, both of their reaction was 'oh shit' because it messes up there routine and holidays, then they practially demoted me because they thought the other employee needed to be 'brought up to scratch due to my circumstances' Mad xx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 7:20 am

Thats so unfair!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think?   What do you ladies think? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you ladies think?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
What do you ladies think? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
What do you ladies think? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
What do you ladies think? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
What do you ladies think? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
What do you ladies think? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
What do you ladies think? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
What do you ladies think? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
What do you ladies think? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What do you ladies think? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What do you ladies think? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
What do you ladies think? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
What do you ladies think? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
What do you ladies think? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
What do you ladies think? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
What do you ladies think? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words