Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Argh! Families at Christmas!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Argh! Families at Christmas! _
PostSubject: Argh! Families at Christmas!   Argh! Families at Christmas! EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 3:42 am

The whole idea of having our parents here for Xmas dinner was so that we didnt have to be obliged to see them all over the rest of the christmas period (my OH only gets a few days off and we wanted to spend it with our girls).

So... James's mum wants us to go to boxing day there. I said we would pop in for an hour, but that is it.

Now... my dad has just called and said 'oh, are you not coming over on boxing day then?' and sounded really miffed.

Why cant people just accept that I am doing them all dinner tomorrow as well as having a toddler and a four week old!

x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Argh! Families at Christmas!   Argh! Families at Christmas! EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 3:59 am

Ahhhh sounds like my bah humbug post the other day Laura Laughing I'm right there with ya - have long since decided we have our little family Christmas and making the most of hubby being off work; can't be doing with fitting in visits / visitors.

With a four week old too though it's simply nuts. It's also the perfect excuse though. Smile sweetly / say sweetly "no we're staying home with the girls". If they push the point say "maybe next year". Very Happy

Have a lovely Christmas santa xxx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Argh! Families at Christmas!   Argh! Families at Christmas! EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 3:59 am

Tell em as they are all coming to you crimbo day you are having a quiet boxing day with james and the girls, if they wanna see you they can pop in for a cuppa. You got two tinies you need some you time too
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Argh! Families at Christmas!   Argh! Families at Christmas! EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:17 am

I hate the whole dividing time thing. To me you are an absolute saint to be entertaining parents on xmas day. Last year my MIL cried because I refused to have my 1st xmas dinner as a family at hers.

This year we are doing the same as last year... FIL & SMIL called this afternoon for cpl hrs and got to see Caitlin open their presents. Tomorrow morning we see my family for an hr or 2 in morning, then MIL & SIL for an hr at lunch and then from about 2pm the day is ours!!! Well last year MIL & SIL called in evening for an hr to see Caitlin but hoping that doesnt happen this year....

Boxing day we go to my aunts for dinner for cpl hrs only eg 4-7pm and at New Year we go to his aunty for the afternoon. Done.

Actually reading that back i think I give up a hell of alot of my xmas to family. I think the fact you are entertaining them on the big day should give you extra credits for being due a break the next day! Its not like you only calling in with each for an hr on xmas morning!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Argh! Families at Christmas!   Argh! Families at Christmas! EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:28 am

I never even said that I would go to my dads on boxing day, they just assumed. We normally do, as we dont see them on Xmas day, but I just thought I would get them all here together and then nobody can moan that they didnt see us or the girls and they have all been treated equally.

Now I feel so bad that I have upset my dad.

Argh, its such a nightmare trying to please everybody!

Next year I am shutting the front door on Xmas eve and not opening it until the 27th - not even for visitors Evil or Very Mad

If I am on here saying how I am cooking again next year - hunt me down and shoot me!

x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Argh! Families at Christmas!   Argh! Families at Christmas! EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:46 am

We are spending 10-6 tommorrow at mum and s/dads, 10-6 sunday at FIL/MIL and neils back at work monday and im entertaining my dad and s/mum. I cant wait for neils next day off after for it to be just us and him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Argh! Families at Christmas!   Argh! Families at Christmas! Empty

Back to top Go down

Argh! Families at Christmas!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Argh! Families at Christmas! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words