Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

sooooooooooo jealous!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 am

of people who are married/getting married Sad
i want to get married so much!! unortunately lack of money is the huge factor Sad
theresa fab deal for literally everything...except dresses/suits/flowers/photographer etc. for 2.500 Smile
i really want to be married and have that fab day, but cant see to find a way to afford it!! we couldnt save up as we dont have much spare cash each month...
any tips lol Shocked Sad
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:46 am

I think it depends on if you want to be married or if you want the big flashy wedding more, I'm getting married in April but doing it cheaply. Luckily for me I never wanted the big wedding though
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:47 am

Could you have a wee registry wedding then you can renew your vows in a few years and have the big bash then? My hubby and I spent £18,000 on our wedding Shocked although we don't regret the day and it was a gorgeous day, the best in my life, we regret spending so much seeing as we are still paying for it which in turn has left us brassic Sad If I could do it again I'd have a little wedding then save up for the big do xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
carrieann&JJ

carrieann&JJ

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:43 am

i argee with dolina.... but i wouldn't get married in a register office... we spent 10k on ours and there is few parts where i got of hagled a bit more and got it better like the venue and photos... but i wished i scaled my wedding down a bit and and went somewhere more pretty like satley home and had a massive party after for the rest of the party x

my husband uncle he went to the lakedistrict and got married he had close firend and that was it. he didn't tell us untill few days later now he is having a massive party in april!! xxx
Back to top Go down
tattyT

tattyT

About Me!
My Name: tattyT
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:03 am

I want to get married to I would settle for a reg office but my parents would be devastated if we went off and didnt invite any1 I would love the big white dress and all the rest of it but thats not gonna happen like EVER so if i just go 4 the little reg office I wouldnt really want any1 there at all Sad
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:05 am

We spent 4k on ours and it was amazing but even then we had a load of stuff we didnt need and could have probably done it for significantly less. Its more about the day than the extras tbh so id go for it
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:09 am

It sounds more like you want a wedding than a marriage to me Wink

I have no idea how much mine cost because my parents paid for it all. It was only a small do but I bet the bill was still high enough. It was nearly 11 years ago too.

It was a fun day but now I have a marriage and some days that is less fun
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:12 am

Oh and tips:

Debenhams wedding dresses range is quite nice, mine cost me £110 and was lovely

Make stuff yourself, i made my own table decorations and invites, place settings etc, saved me a fortune and added some nice touches which were very personal

Ebay-favours can be gotten for very little there. I spent 200 on mine and it was a personalised muslin bag filled with scottish beach stones. 3 stones in each bag inscribed with sentiments in english and gaelic i feel are important in life like love, courage, faith. One of my 'perks' as could have gotten something far more inexpensive but even then it wasnt a bad price. Also got my bridesmaid dresses from hong kong for 35 pound each in purple silk

Numbers-main cost is reception so how big are you going. Do you need to invite a million people. If you can afford to and you want to thats fine but i had 35 at my wedding and it was lovely and cosy

Cake-doesnt have to be some big pro thing for hundreds.Does anyone you know make lovely cakes *cough* banda ladies *cough* I found a local lady in town i got married in who did it for 100 pound but if id been getting married in my own town my boss does lovely ones and would have done mine for cost of ingredients about 25 quid, it was just to far to transport it

Photographers-same do you know anyone who is studying photography or does it as a hobby but is particularly talented. Most wedding photographers charge ridiculous odds imo.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:13 am

Haha we spent about £300 on ours!! Laughing

BUT it was a fantastic, relaxed day and we loved it, we had a registry office (and the registrar was actually a member of Simon's family), then a lovely meal and then on to bowling in the evening. We had 12 people in total for the whole day, which to me made it even more special.

I truely believe it doesnt matter how much you spend - the end result is the same - surely thats all that matters???? xxx
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:30 am

I completely agree with what the other ladies have said, we spent around £4000 on our wedding and it was a beautiful day, but to be honest...I even regret spending that much on it.....I just look back and think all that money just for one day.

To me it wouldn't have mattered where, when or how I did it as long as I married the same person.

With regards to money saving tips, I got my dress ''off the rack'' in the Bridal Shop, it was a SALE dress and had to be altered, but only cost me £299, we bought all of our bridesmaid dresses from eBay and also our flowers. I made all our invitations, name cards, scrolls for the table and had my sister who is a hairdresser do most of the bridesmaids hairs so that they were free.

You can get dresses from places like Debenhams now, which are lovely and cost around £100 and also M&S do lovely cakes.

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:57 am

ours was about 500 including rings dress etc...the actual ceremony was £125 and we would have been happy with that Smile we promised people we would have a party when we could afford it...that was two and a half years ago and tbh we never really wanted a party or a big wedding Laughing
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:40 am

How about getting married at 3pm so you have your meal or buffet at about 6pm, meaning you dont have to supply food twice in the day?

x
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:27 am

lol i truly dont want THE BIG WHITE wedding we're not traditanalists at all and all we want to do is get married.
i honestly dont know how we'd even afford £200 for the wedding nevermind over a grand:/
i want to get married with only a few ppl...butmy family want the whole big bling wedding...mymum said i would regret getting married in a registry office..i do think she's right, in the fact that the registry office in stanley is shite lol peeling off wallpaper etc.
i wouldnt be bothered about a big posh frock, adam already has his suit...just plain...we're not big on the bling at all
thanks for the tips tho
looks like we'll never get married Sad
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:18 am

I'd be happy with a small wedding! Just need to get him to propose first Very Happy

I hope you can figure out something soon!
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:24 am

thankoos wriggler Smile
me too!!! just not in a grotty registry office...and theres only 1 in the town we live Sad boo!! OH says its a waste of money anyway Surprised
hmmm why'd you propose to me then lol
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:47 am

we got married at Gretna and it was about £500 I think, Stanley registry office is awful though, my cousin got married there.
Back to top Go down
VickieAndSophie

VickieAndSophie

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:09 am

louadambabybenjamin wrote:
lol i truly dont want THE BIG WHITE wedding we're not traditanalists at all and all we want to do is get married.
i honestly dont know how we'd even afford £200 for the wedding nevermind over a grand:/
i want to get married with only a few ppl...butmy family want the whole big bling wedding...mymum said i would regret getting married in a registry office..i do think she's right, in the fact that the registry office in stanley is shite lol peeling off wallpaper etc.
i wouldnt be bothered about a big posh frock, adam already has his suit...just plain...we're not big on the bling at all
thanks for the tips tho
looks like we'll never get married Sad

Stanley as in County Durham????
XxXX
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:09 am

ah ha thanks for making me feel less guilty joanne!! i kept thinking...am i being too snobby etc. but it is just dreadful!
its so not romantic at all...im not bothered about bling/expensive stuff...just romance Very Happy shame romance has to be soooo bloody expensive lol
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:10 am

yeah stanley/county durham!
ah ive just seen ur location! omg! u dont live in stanley do u Surprised
i bet i know u lol
Back to top Go down
VickieAndSophie

VickieAndSophie

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:12 am

I do, I do
Tantobie
XxxX
Back to top Go down
VickieAndSophie

VickieAndSophie

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:13 am

and your right the registry office is minging!
I got married at St Margarets church in Tanfield village
Its gorgeous in there
Xxx
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:14 am

my mam got married in the durham registry office - is that the same one? it was 8 years ago tho so could have went downhill since then - i thought it was ok?! sunderland regsitry office is ok lou?

our wedding cost about 7k and we did alot of stuff ourself but cud have cut it right back down.

i know wat u mean about wanting to have a nice wedding tho - same for me. have u considered going abroad to get married - that way u can have a ncie famnily holiday at the same time! x
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:15 am

oooo very nice Very Happy
cant even afford stanley registry office how bad is that! :/
meh. just a pipe dream. hence why i'm jealous lol
ahhh tantobie Smile we live in east stanley! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:18 am

amy---no it isnt durham registry office...i wouldnt mind getting married in a nice one...that wouldnt bother me...just not stanleys one Smile im sure u canonly get married in a registry office in ur district...hmmm...ave to have a look Smile

would LOVE to get married abroad...but lack of money etc stops us from doing that too...meh. it just depresses me even further that i cant be mrs malpass lol
Back to top Go down
VickieAndSophie

VickieAndSophie

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:21 am

It cost us £500 to get married in church, stupid me thought they married people for god and that, not for bloody profit! It was going to be an extra £50 for bells.

You would have thought they would have thrown in the bells for £500 wouldnt you!

I used to live in East Stanley too, down the bottom of the barretts estate

XxXxx

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

sooooooooooo jealous!! _
PostSubject: Re: sooooooooooo jealous!!   sooooooooooo jealous!! Empty

Back to top Go down

sooooooooooo jealous!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
sooooooooooo jealous!! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words