Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

D'ya reckon we're missing out?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

D'ya reckon we're missing out? _
PostSubject: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:11 am

I'm not on facebook and I know a few others who aren't (babymilly, lesley&bethany) - do you reckon we're missing out?!

I was briefly on about 3/4 years ago but then soon realised it wasn't for me :- I have a bit of an internet safety ocd thing, there were work contacts that just didn't seem professional to connect with, (plus the amount of randoms on there is amazing - I don't really mind what my old nextdoor neighbours' neice's friend's teacher's cat did last week D'ya reckon we're missing out? 548646 ) and I know if I ever got into it, I'd lose half my life to it!

However, most of the AB/banda ladies seem to top-up their chat and gossip and general chumminess on there Very Happy so are we missing a lot or is it mostly repeated here scratch

Aside from which, I can't and shouldn't be on the computer atm so not been on here much anyway. (The chair and position really aches my back and swells my feet, which I don't need any help with doing at present... plus little pip due in 19 Shocked days so shall be even more awol Laughing )

Oh pants wee man awake now xx
Back to top Go down
meandmyboys

meandmyboys

About Me!
My Name: sam
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:14 am

you should set up a fb for just ab/banda ladies only x Smile
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:23 am

Grace, on a personal basis I'm totally against it and would never dream of sharing my every move with people i knew 25 years ago at school or people that I work with. Also I would never trust myself not to rant about someone or *^$% someone off, and then regret it later.

I think it's great for businesses though am thinking of setting one up for my football club as a facility to share info and communicate with kids in my club.

My daughter has an account and continuosly tell her not to write about me on there. When I had ellie she posted photos of me holding ellie whilst still in mid c-section lol I was horrified as I looked a mess (it was early hours of morning emergency) and I didn't have any lippy on!!!

I do wonder if I'm missing out on banda goss though! Do you think we are???

Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:02 am

i love fb and i use it as a way to keep up to date with friends and family that live abroad also i have got back in touch with people that i lost along the way and am best friends again with my old school best friend we share everything and personally i would be lost with out it xx
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:16 am

I use mine a lot but I.have alot of family and friends on there who I never get to see as they live off the island do I don't loose contact with them and I get to speak to people from here if they wana talk to me
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:35 am

If I hadn't had fb I wouldn't miss it. But I really enjoy having a good old nosey on there. It's a great way of keeping up to date with friends and events, etc

I don't think you are missing out on much Banda stuff on there though. I have a lot of Banda ladies and most things are also added here too.

X x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:23 am

i dont think we are missing out being away from fb - i find banda wastes enough of my time Laughing i would never go out if i had too much to 'do' on here! anyone i want to be in touch with i am in touch with!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:59 am

I couldnt live without my Fb Laughing I love seeing all the BANDA ladies pics of the babies/kids etc too.
Its nice to keep in contact with everyone who we were friends with in Cyprus who live all over the world now Smile
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:59 am

i love fafecbook. i only have friends on there. people i got on really well with and some of you lovely ladies! as long as you got your profile set to private then its all good. x
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:25 am

You mentioned me as not being on it Grace and I really don't think I'm missing out and to be honest I don't think I would have the time to go on much so am happy with the old fashion methods of texting and of course coming on here xx
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:29 am

iv got an account but hardley go on, just for a nosey now and then, so i wouldnt miss it tbh. although i have got in touch with some old friends on there Very Happy its amazing who pops up on there x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:31 am

BabyMilly wrote:
Grace, on a personal basis I'm totally against it and would never dream of sharing my every move with people i knew 25 years ago at school or people that I work with. Also I would never trust myself not to rant about someone or *^$% someone off, and then regret it later.

I think it's great for businesses though am thinking of setting one up for my football club as a facility to share info and communicate with kids in my club.

My daughter has an account and continuosly tell her not to write about me on there. When I had ellie she posted photos of me holding ellie whilst still in mid c-section lol I was horrified as I looked a mess (it was early hours of morning emergency) and I didn't have any lippy on!!!

I do wonder if I'm missing out on banda goss though! Do you think we are???

Pen you don't have to share anything with anyone you don't choose to - FB is now so good you can limit everything to your friends, you don't have to accept people you dont want to
Basically only the people you pick see your stuff and even then you can limit what everyone sees!
My FB is limited that only friends can see my pics and comments
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:54 am

Laura wrote:
If I hadn't had fb I wouldn't miss it.

Shocked D'ya reckon we're missing out? 27684 Sad

Yeah I do think you're missing out ladies if I'm honest. It only takes up as much time as you allow it to, you only have to add the people you choose, you dont have to post pics of yourself and you can even choose who out of your friends can see certain updates/status. If you split all of your friends into groups (I have 4 - BANDA/AB, Family, Work, Others) you can lock certain groups out of certain updates i.e. if you want to do a bump/baby related status that is only for BANDA ladies eyes you can lock all the others out so they can't see it. The security on fb is great now and nobody can see your pics if you dont want them to. You dont even have to be 'searchable' so if you choose this only you can search and add friends, nobody and search find and friend request you.

I love fb - it's brilliant for keeping in touch. I live a long way away from all friends and family and tbh I would be lost without it sometimes. Until Thomas was 4 months old I had no internet at home and I was so lonely it's unreal. Since getting internet it has really helped me to regain a bit of self confidence and get out and about more. I have made some really lovely friend on here and AB but have to be honest that without fb we wouldn't have had chance to chat and become close.

I do love my fb D'ya reckon we're missing out? 270211

xx
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:55 am

i LOVE facebook and im on it all the time. i love it cos im nosey! simple as haha! i also love keeping in touch with old friends from school and i also love looking at every1s baby pics - so cute! x
Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:57 am

Im with Amy (couldnt of put it better myself Smile)
But i soo didnt know you could do all that Debs, im def having a play with all those options when i get a bit more time Smile at min i go on on my phone a lot
x
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:21 am

H&Jsmummy wrote:
But i soo didnt know you could do all that Debs, im def having a play with all those options when i get a bit more time Smile at min i go on on my phone a lot

Yeah hun - you can pretty much restrict anything on there now. Most are in security settings and the list goes on for ages. The status thing is good too. I have just done a 'test' status and only BANDA/AB ladies can see it. You have to make sure you asign all friends to a group but if you click on the little padlock under the bar where you write you status you can choose to either only show the status to certain people/groups OR restrict certain people/groups and you can save custom settings if you have a lot of status' you dont want certain people seeing. E.g. if you were to get a BFP you could post it on FB so that only BANDA/AB ladies could see it before you announce it to the rest.

I hope some of that made sense scratch Laughing

I really should get out more Embarassed

xx
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:30 am

I agree with Debs that I think now that you can control the security so well there are no downsides really! My FB page is really boring as its mainly pics of Lily so that friends and family who live far away can see her xx

PS Deb I am glad you posed about FB as it made me realise that you had disappeared from mine, I am not sure how but i had 'hidden' you (and several other people) i dont know how i managed this!!! Think have got you all back now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:32 am

Kate wrote:
PS Deb I am glad you posed about FB as it made me realise that you had disappeared from mine, I am not sure how but i had 'hidden' you

Sad I'm not that bad am i? D'ya reckon we're missing out? 548646

Wink

xx
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:35 am

Yeah you were sooooo boring Very Happy Very Happy

I dont know how i had done it!!! I had actually hidden about 11 people, i couldnt do it intentionally if i tried!!
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:38 am

Haha - I am pretty boring tbh Embarassed my status' lately have been very 'baby bore' Rolling Eyes
Laughing

Love the new pics you just put on of Lily btw D'ya reckon we're missing out? 270211

xx
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:40 am

Thanks! I think most mummies have some baby bore tendencies and there is nothing wrong with that Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:28 pm

I use to be on fb loads, keeping in touch with friends and family, there wasn't a week went by when i wouldn't uplaod pictures etc, I loved it.
But fb has a very nasty side as well, me and oh agreed not to be on it anymore.
I do get annoyed that i find things out from my sister about my family etc but in fairness i don't miss it much.
I didn't have alot of ab ladies on there so i wouldn't be missing out on that.

I got annoyed in the end all the same people had the same boring status moaning about everything and i am now quite relieved not to be sucked into it all.

I do agree it is a good tool for business etc tho pen so maybe a page for your footy would be good!

I do miss out on college stuff not being on fb tho, Theres a few who talk and have arranged gatherings and i've not known about it till after, but i'm not to fussed about that.
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:42 pm

Seems those that use it use it lots - maybe it's an all-or-nothing type thing scratch

I agree Kell, the nasty side of it (plus being open to requests from any old ghost of the past / annoyance of the present) isn't appealing. Even with the settings very private you still have no control over who can access each persons' account from their end - but does sound like groups & businesses are a great idea to get use from it! I think what finally put me off was when I closed my account - or at least tried to Shocked the lengths I had to go to and amount of e-mails I had to send to FB HQ was ridiculous - I think they may have made it easier due to the internet safety peeps complaining about just that (very easy to set up - very hard to close down).

Must be very easy these days to use esp. with iphones and the like though - I'm just glad to have a mobile that hasn't been chewed at present and can still make calls Laughing (hubby's didn't make it though... one too many baby dribbles finished his off... now using his old chunk of a thing!) xx
Back to top Go down
Miss B

Miss B

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:30 pm

i could live on FB im that sad and some days i do Embarassed i have my city i need to tend too!!
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Have to say i think id be lost without my FB now x I hav a few close friends that moved away i keep contact with them by FB it much easier and cheaper then phone x
And have to agree the sercurity has got much better altho i dont know how to use it properly Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: D'ya reckon we're missing out?   D'ya reckon we're missing out? Empty

Back to top Go down

D'ya reckon we're missing out?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
D'ya reckon we're missing out? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words