Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Baby name trauma!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 _
PostSubject: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:32 am

First topic message reminder :

One of my best friends is pregnant and has emailed me to tell me the name she has chosen for the new arrival. To be honest I can't stand the name but obviously did not want to say so as if she likes it then that is all that counts. Anyways i was non commital and she has just emailed me back to say "well, what do you think about the name??" What do i say? Shall I tell the truth and say its not my cup of tea or white lie and say i like it??? Shocked
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:12 am

*whispers* I dont like Ashton silent
Back to top Go down
tb

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:12 am

Oh I dont get angry........ I get even Twisted Evil

Only kidding! I dont care that people dont like my name choices at all, its my child I will call her/him what I want, the next boy I have is gonna be called Egbert-Lionel Humperdinck Twine Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
tb

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:13 am

Kate, me and you are gonna fall out in a mo!!!!!

Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:19 am

my cousins baby is called stella lilly i think its awful and when anybody asks what she is called i have to say picadilly to remind myself what it is.
x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 am

I had a friend years ago who swore if she had a boy she was going to call him Barnabus, thankfully she had a girl Laughing . I think it started out as a joke but the more ppl hated it the more adamant she was that she would call her child it.

My hairdresser called her daughter pixie last year. Even the midwifes were telling her not to do it but then she had quite a traumatic birth and in the end the midwifes told her to call the child whatever the heck she wanted after what she had been through!
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:24 am

XxMummyAndPeppaPigxX wrote:
I dont care that people dont like my name choices at all, its my child I will call her/him what I want

2nd-ed (not so sure on the Egbert-Lionel Humperdinck Twine though Trace)

Jonah is the most beautiful name I know of for a baby boy Very Happy
Unless some think we Christened him "bean" Shocked only downside is we did sort of out-do ourselves in terms of then choosing one equally as perfect for pip Laughing

Rocky is just lowering the tone of a lovely name! I knew a baby called Rocco though scratch hmmm not such a fan, and -no lie- a family who had a Ben, Polly and Felix (errrrmm pet lovers much who wanted a dog, parrot & cat instead?!)
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:24 am

My friend said if she had a boy it would be called Hugo, if she had a girl it would be Matilda......she had a girl thankfully!!!!!
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:27 am

okay that poor child.. the names dont even go/ Mad

what did u say to her about it in the end? x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:35 am

I think whatever parents call their children people get used to it in the end.

My cousin called her lil girl Lucia (lou-che-a). When she was pg she refused to discuss names as she said she had picked one that she new people would try and talk her out of, and once baby was here no one would be so rude as to comment like they do when you are pg (We are all guilty of that! Laughing ) When I 1st heard it I didnt really like it and everyone mis-pronounced it Lucy-a. She is named after a place in Italy where they lived when she was conceived when they were missionarys (Just incase you think she is a chav Razz ). I also didnt think it went too well with her older brothers name - Jack. It was quite a contrast.

Now I think the name suits her and i cant imagine her being anything else. Maybe all the rockys/rocco's will grow into their names!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:42 am

snoopy21 wrote:

My cousin called her lil girl Lucia (lou-che-a). When she was pg she refused to discuss names as she said she had picked one that she new people would try and talk her out of, and once baby was here no one would be so rude as to comment like they do when you are pg (We are all guilty of that! Laughing ) When I 1st heard it I didnt really like it and everyone mis-pronounced it Lucy-a. She is named after a place in Italy where they lived when she was conceived when they were missionarys (Just incase you think she is a chav Razz ). I also didnt think it went too well with her older brothers name - Jack. It was quite a contrast.

Now I think the name suits her and i cant imagine her being anything else. Maybe all the rockys/rocco's will grow into their names!

did she specify thats how it should be pronounced? I never get why people pick a name and then change how its said...cos everyone who is told their name will spell it wrong, and anyone that reads it will say it wrong (I think most would say Loo sha like the island!)!

My friend called her boy Louis...but its said Lewis!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:47 am

Yup she stated that. I got the text from her at 2am the night she was born saying name and weight and thought she was called lucy-a. Was only the next day when she came home that I realised I was wrong. Took our family weeks to be able to say it without stopping to think about it! I think the italians do pronounce it like that and as both her had her husband have degrees in italian from st andrews I cant really argue with them lol! Its some saint in italy too & theres a santa lucia day in Italy around xmas.

I know worse mispronounciations but... brother and sister in their 30's - cheryl and dylan. Straightforward? No. They are called cher-elle & die-lan! But spelt cheryl and dylan. Weird people!
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:49 am

........and there's people with silly names like 'Carmelita'! I mean wtf?! Laughing
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:54 am

Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 627464 loving the 1st name...middle name not so much Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 830764
my cousine's just called her baby ashton
tracie, you shouldnt have posted the name you have for your boy...i think some ladies on here might steal it Suspect Laughing x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:55 am

Lisa wrote:
snoopy21 wrote:

did she specify thats how it should be pronounced? I never get why people pick a name and then change how its said...cos everyone who is told their name will spell it wrong, and anyone that reads it will say it wrong (I think most would say Loo sha like the island!)!

My friend called her boy Louis...but its said Lewis!

See id have pronounced it lu chee a. Im guilty of saddling my lil one with a name that will eternally be mispronounced. And the next ones bound to be the same. For all that ive chosen them as celtic names i just know c will spend her life being caitlin or kayleigh cos they are more well known and awen is bound to end up Aywen or Owen!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:57 am

ahhh but thats people not reading it...I really don't think Caelyn can be said any way other than the correct way?!
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:58 am

i like carmelita, its really pretty!
x
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:00 am

You say that Lisa but I've been called Cornelia before?!

Thanks Niccsy Laughing I'm lucky that I only hear it when I've been naughty or if someone doesn't know me well enough to call me Lita Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:02 am

Lita wrote:
You say that Lisa but I've been called Cornelia before?!

Thanks Niccsy Laughing I'm lucky that I only hear it when I've been naughty or if someone doesn't know me well enough to call me Lita Very Happy

well they are just dumbass twits then...anyone that actually reads your name can see what it is!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:02 am

Mario you have a better grasp of language than us plebs Laughing I would never in a million years have got lucia's name right first read.

Im still not convinced im pronouncing awen right in my head tbh. Is it ah-when or A-when?

How the heck can they get cornelia??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:04 am

Lisa wrote:
ahhh but thats people not reading it...I really don't think Caelyn can be said any way other than the correct way?!

Her own uncle calls her Kayleen. Why dont i just buy her a trailer in the southern US and teach her to chew tobacco and wrestle crocodiles!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:05 am

Snoops its Ah Wen
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:23 am

I think you should ask your friend if she's serious? If she is you should mention the poor child is likely to be picked on with shite names !!
My cousin has Ashton - I like Smile

Rocky is a feeking joke! Does she have a staff bull terrior called diesel, wear velour tracksuits and live in Dagenham, Essex ???

Sorry that's a crap name!
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:26 am

Mario
Is caelyn pronounced K lyn or c lyn
In my head I have k lyn I was right on new bumps pronouciation (sp)
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:27 am

Caelyn is Kay-Lin Emma
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 am

Caitlin is Caitlin Emma Lauren! Nearly the same... but so not in your eyes Laughing Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Baby name trauma!!   Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby name trauma!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Baby name trauma!! - Page 4 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words